India in LONDON OLYMPICS 2012

Comments

• shankarshankar 2600 Points
    sabir wrote: »
    <p>I think we get most number of medals from boxing. Mary Kom, Shiva Thapa, Vikash Kishan, Vijendra Singh, L Debendro Singh and Sumit Sangwan are capable of podium finish. Not that hopeful about Monoj Kumar and jai Bhagwan. Vijendra is not in good form currently but he is experienced and dont forget he defeated the World Champion in his category 7-0 in Asian Games final and his nemesis of many tournament , the Cuban guy is not there this time. Mary Kom too had 1-1 record against no. 1 Ren Cancan in 51 kg. Atleast 3 medals with 1 gold we will definitely win.</p>
    <p>Next is archery where Deepika Kumari and women team have good chance. Even the men team is peaking at right time. Tarundeep Rai or Rahul can win medal if they maintain their consistency. Atleast 2 medals.</p>
    <p>Shooting- Gagan Narang, Sodhi, Abhinaba Brinda and many others are capable but like Archery it depends a lot on that particular day. Hope 2 medals from here also.</p>
    <p>Saina Nehwal has a chance to win Gold but she will have to get rid of two Chinese players in Semi-final and Final for that. Not that sure about Jwal Gutta-Aswini pair. Hope they will repeat their performance of World Championship 2011.</p>
    <p>No hope from Tennis. All big guys will play doubles in Olympic. Though they are not regular in it , their individual levels are so high that they can compensate for it. </p>
    <p>Hockey- Even the coach is targetting top six finish. But , better is possible if Sandeep Singh get back his scoring form and the defence plays well.</p>
    <p>Krishna Poonia, Vikash Gowda (both discus throw), Om Prakash Karhana (Shot Put) and Gurmit Singh (Walk) are not far behind from the top athletes in these events. Expect top six finish from them. If luck favours one or two bronze.</p>
    <p> </p>

<br><div><br></div><div>agreed with the ananlysis....we got really good chance this time\</div><div><br></div><div>and add to this is wrestling which is missed in this listing...we got  sushil and yogeshwar dutta two very experienced wrestlers could well be a medal prospect on given day with geeta being considered dark horse in her category we should a medal of couple coming to the tally</div>
  • sabirsabir 46 Points
    <P>@Shankar ;            yeehhh  :)</P>
    <P>I was thinking I was missing something....wrestling..</P>
    <P>Sushil, Yogeswar, Amit and Geeta.....all are very competent. I am expecting at least two medals. Sushil is capable of wining gold.</P>
  • trojantrojan 371 Points
    saina will face tine baun in QF (50-50 record against her) and yihan wang (WR 1) in semis. she has never defeated wang in their 5 meetings  :-S <div><br></div><div><br></div>
  • silicon3silicon3 351 Points
    BTW  Sania's mother is part of the tennis delegation as team manager.<br>
  • sabirsabir 46 Points
    trojan wrote: »
    saina will face tine baun in QF (50-50 record against her) and yihan wang (WR 1) in semis. she has never defeated wang in their 5 meetings  :-S
    <DIV><BR></DIV>
    <DIV><BR></DIV>
    <P>
    </P>
    <P>Tine Baun is now 33 and couldnt beat Saina in recent years. The No. 1 Wang is not in good form; kept on losing to the No 3 Li Xuerui....so they included Xuerui in the team (Saina defeated her in Indonesian Open). Saina has not played against Wang in last one year I think. However China vs Saina will be very tough to predict now. The difference is very narrow though in favour of the Chinese girls.</P>
    <P><BR> </P>
    <P> </P>
  • Pedro GonzalesPedro Gonzales 223 Points
    edited July 2012
    All our medal hopefuls, including Saina, need to spend some time with Paes before their matches. He'll inspire them to get better than their best when playing for the nation. I can't think of another sportsperson that plays so much better when playing for his country than when playing for himself.<br><br>I still remember the '93 Davis Cup when Leander and Ramesh Krishnan beat the French. I've never been prouder to be an Indian, than that day.<br>
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Read a report on Leander this morning. The paper had published Leander's photo in which he is seen crying. What has been done to him was pure politics and its a shame that he had to face all this. He got emotional when people asked him about all the crap that happened regarding doubles team and the treatment dealt out to him his father, an Olympic medal winner himself, by the AITA.</font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">No wonder we are struggling in sports. Politics and vendetta takes precedence over sports and this is the way we treat our rare world class sportspersons! </font></div>
  • silicon3silicon3 351 Points
    politics is messing up each and everything in INDIA..<br>
  • trojantrojan 371 Points
    India had a disappointing start in men's archery finishing last in qualification round in team event. India will play japan who finished 5th in the next round. top 4 team qualify directly for QF.
  • RonnyRonny 10457 Points
    Men's archery team had no chance at all<br>