India in LONDON OLYMPICS 2012

Comments

• shankarshankar 2600 Points
    but that forum is too big for me to start from a place....<div>may be the reason is my addiction to this new look of our forum...</div>
    Just a week away from oscar of sports....<div><br></div><div>Lets all predict the best 3 prospect for gold....</div><div><br></div><div>my predictions will be</div><div><br></div><div>1) deepika kumari</div><div>2) Gagan narang</div><div>3) Sushil singh</div><div><br></div><div>I think we should be winning at least 4-6 golds and over all around 12-15 medals this time</div>
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    4-6 gold is too much to expect. I do not see more than two though. I would not predict individuals except for Deepika Kumari. But I am really hopeful about shooting and archery
  • shankar wrote: »
    Just a week away from oscar of sports....<div style="font-weight: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-weight: normal; ">Lets all predict the best 3 prospect for gold....</div><div style="font-weight: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-weight: normal; ">my predictions will be</div><div style="font-weight: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-weight: normal; ">1) deepika kumari</div><div style="font-weight: normal; ">2) Gagan narang</div><div>3) <b>Sushil singh</b></div><div style="font-weight: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-weight: normal; ">I think we should be winning at least 4-6 golds and over all around 12-15 medals this time</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>PLEASE!!!!!!! NOT THE FOOTBALL ONE!!!!!!!!!!</div>
  • reddevil87reddevil87 1858 Points
    hoping for a medal in badminton - bronze or silver, hockey - bronze, archery - bronze or silver, boxing - anything, shooting - anything. So in total 7-9 medals with 1-2 golds.
  • So no India basketball team... we killed Sri Lanka but lost 3 games to Lebanon, South Korea and Malaysia. Still we did not lose by much.
    So no India basketball team... we killed Sri Lanka but lost 3 games to Lebanon, South Korea and Malaysia. Still we did not lose by much.

<br><div><br></div><div>basketball.....not in at least next decade atleast..... from the words of one of my friend who follows indian basketball keenly</div><div><br></div><div>in fact he is furious with the work of IMG so far and he says that IMG is just putting all the money in its pockets and not improving the game which was initally told by them </div>
    somesh wrote: »
    4-6 gold is too much to expect. I do not see more than two though. I would not predict individuals except for Deepika Kumari. But I am really hopeful about shooting and archery

<br><div><br></div><div>we got some best prospects in shooting,archery, boxing and wrestling...why can t we get 4 golds i think we have more realistic chance to finish with 4+ gold  medals this time</div><div><br></div><div>we got at least 6+ former world champions trying their luck in different prospects we should make it this time</div>
    <span style="font-weight: normal; ">
    reddevil87 wrote: »
    hoping for a medal in badminton - bronze or silver,</span><b> hockey - bronze</b>, archery - bronze or silver, boxing - anything, shooting - anything. So in total 7-9 medals with 1-2 golds.

<br><div><br></div><div>hockey really????we are really performing below par in preparatory tournaments...</div><div>we were the last placed in tri-nation tournament which finished couple of days back behind england and spain</div><div>and then we got germany,netherlands and australia who are surely better side....</div><div><br></div><div><br></div>
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">
    shankar wrote: »
    So no India basketball team... we killed Sri Lanka but lost 3 games to Lebanon, South Korea and Malaysia. Still we did not lose by much.

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">basketball.....not in at least next decade atleast..... from the words of one of my friend who follows indian basketball keenly</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">in fact he is furious with the work of IMG so far and he says that IMG is just putting all the money in its pockets and not improving the game which was initally told by them </div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">I know this is wrong thread but I agree. The only thing IMG have done is bring in former NBA coach Kenny Natt to coach India and he is probably furious right now and wants to quit. Also they brought that one super tall kid to America who in my opinion after seeing videos does not look like NBA. He will play professional but in Europe (Not as glamourous playing in Europe when its basketball)</font></div>