India in LONDON OLYMPICS 2012

Comments

• Paes/Sania will meet top seeds Mirnyi/
    Azarenka of Belarus in the quarter finals
  • samiamsamiam 1614 Points
    the only thing i care about currently in opympics is hockey and india is i guess already out........<br><br>i wa expecting india to dominate like in the olympic qualifier but now i understand those were all low ranked opposition teams....i guess india will even struggle with pakistan now<br><br>what the hell are we supposed to do with germany ?<br>
  • preetampreetam 870 Points
    said:<div><br></div><div><span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Geneva, 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; ">the only thing i care about currently in opympics is hockey and india is i guess already out........<br><br>i wa expecting india to dominate like in the olympic qualifier but now i understand those were all low ranked opposition teams....i guess india will even struggle with pakistan now<br><br>what the hell are we supposed to do with germany ?</span><br><div><br></div><div><br></div><div><br></div><div><br></div><div><br></div><div>india are still in contention if they win there remaining match a loss or tie will send them back home...and after winnin they have to depend on outcome of other match...this is familier situation with indians....</div></div>
  • RonnyRonny 10472 Points
    edited August 2012
    I have been following Indian hockey for last 15-20 yrs..so I knew medal was never a chance..best position for us to finish at wud be 6th or 7th considering we did not even make it to the last Olympics..FIH gave us an easy draw for Olympic qualifiers as financially and popularity wise they dont want to loose out on a team like India which brings in the crowds and TRP's...<br>Also remember we are ranked at 10th and have a defence which has the worst defenders of the world in Sandeep singh and Raghunath..every 2nd or 3rd match Raghunath gets a yellow card coz he defends like a football player :P<br>Sandeep singh is a hero coz he scores plenty of PC's against lower ranked/Asian teams..he hardly has any goals against European teams/Australia/GB..infact we dont even get Penalty corners against them and in defence all sandeep knows is to scoop the ball in the air to cheaply give away possesion..only class act is Sardar Singh but this is a team game and one individual alone cant bribg back the glorious days of the past<br>(Offtopic:A disturbing trend I have noticed since the Barcelona olympics of 1992 is that Indian players are always penalized with yellow cards at crucial moments in 2nd half, no matter what and I hardly remember any opposition player being made to sit out..in the game against New zealand also Sardar Singh and Manpreet got yellow cards..dont be surprised if this trend continues :( )<br>
  • A very good article on Sawarn Singh ... I also thought he did very good. But i wasnt aware he didnt had all the support to recover from the fatigue after each race.<br>http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/london-2012-london-eye-unsung-heroes-of-the-indian-contingent/1/211229.html<br>;
  • AruncitoAruncito 4 Points
    edited August 2012
    Vijendra Singh in quarters !!<br><br><b>Boxing : Mens Middleweight : </b>V Singh <b>WON </b>16-15 Gausha (USA)<br><br>He will be up against Abbos Atoev (UBZ) on Monday Aug 6<br>
    he beat Abbos Atoev (UBZ) in Asian games finals :)<br>
  • Saina Nehwal lost the semifinal
    match against World No. 1 China's
    Yihan Wang in straight sets 21-13,
    21-13 at the Wembley Arena in
    London.
    Vijaykumar in finals..Joydeep Karmakar misses bronze by a whisker :(<br>
  • reddevil87reddevil87 1858 Points
    Overall a good display today. Saina can still win bronze if she wins the next match. Joydeep was good in the finals going string till fifth shot but his two shots of 10.0 and 10.1 in latter half caused him the medal. Vijay in rapid fire is going strong with two consistent performances. Hope he nails the final two and wins a medal. <br>