India in LONDON OLYMPICS 2012

Comments

• RonnyRonny 10472 Points
    Vikas Krishan beat Spence 13-11 to qualify for Quarter finals.

<br><br>After an American appeal AIBA has given the bout in favour of the American as Vikas was charged with penalty points for ho;ding his opponent and throwing out his gumguard<br>
  • RonnyRonny 10472 Points
    Terp13 wrote: »
    Two more boxing matches tomorrow. Boxing is one of those sports which gives at least bronze if you make it to the semis so 2 out of three boxers so far have reached quarters. Lets see what these two can do tomorrow and one more win from these players means another medal for sure for india. Hopefully Saina gets the Bronze and maybe Paes and Mirza advance although they are loosing now but their match has been postponed so hopefully they can recover to make into semis. Has anyone else notice how all our athletes are facing the No.1 seed before semis or in semis? This happened at least 5 times in this Olympics. WTF? I'm sure Saina could have at least gotten a silver if she faced anyone else in the semis. I really hope she wins the bronze tomorrow since that is the least she deserves. Also, since hockey is not our national sport, why not make it shooting?  We need more shooting academies since that seems to be our strength in recent times and parents would not mind allowing  their kids to learn that because they can have other parallel careers with shooting unlie with Football or hockey.<div>Also, I want to get at least one gold medal yaar! Saina seemed to be our best hope but she is only 22 so hopefully she gets it in Rio.</div>

<br><br>The real gold medal hope is MC Mary Kom..she has the fire in her to overcome all odds andd not Saina, who only keeps saying she's not afraid of Chinese...I doubt if Saina can beat the chinese today to win the bronze..a bronze was the realistic medal she cud have won coming here and now she has one chance for that..<br>
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    Ronny wrote: »
    If you had followed Indian shooting seriously then you wud have known that Vijay Kumar had a big chance in this olympics..thankfully media didnt spot him properly and he wasnt as distracted as the rest and got a medal :)<br>

<br><div><br></div><div>I did followed shooting during CWG but i didnt thought he would be that good prospect for medal since he won only bronze in asian games and best of world was still awaiting...</div><div><br></div><div>I was sure of his finals but a medal was pleasant surprise for me</div>
    <span style="font-weight: normal; ">IF vikas is out then why was highly exceptional bout from sumit sangwan was not given a positive result, whose result as commentators said as "</span><b>day light robbery</b>"<div><br></div><div>This kind of  bias from AIBA is really frustating for upcoming boxing countries like india </div> ~X(
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    I am not complaining about Vikash's loss. He did some unethical tricks for which he had to pay. But why double standards?
    somesh wrote: »
    I am not complaining about Vikash's loss. He did some unethical tricks for which he had to pay. But why double standards?

<br><div><br></div><div>that is what i am angry about...not for vikas but for sumit...sumit was exceptional that day, he was clear winner that day</div>
  • Terp13Terp13 47 Points
    Apparently the commentators (not indian commentators) were easily predicting that Sumit had won that match. That's how dominating he was. So many double standards in these olympics that I don't know what to say. I wish I can personally meet Sumit and tell him to work his heart out for the next four years to demolish his opponents in Rio. Sumit is only 19 and he can totally become a top medal contender in Rio and where ever it is held in 2020. But that is unfair that they quickly accepted Spence's appeal and denied so many other athletes'. Sumit and Shiva are capable of bringing gold for India in the next olympics. They need to train with the best coaches and become impeccable. 
    Terp13 wrote: »
    Apparently the commentators (not indian commentators) were easily predicting that Sumit had won that match. That's how dominating he was. So many double standards in these olympics that I don't know what to say. I wish I can personally meet Sumit and tell him to work his heart out for the next four years to demolish his opponents in Rio. Sumit is only 19 and he can totally become a top medal contender in Rio and where ever it is held in 2020. But that is unfair that they quickly accepted Spence's appeal and denied so many other athletes'. Sumit and Shiva are capable of bringing gold for India in the next olympics. They need to train with the best coaches and become impeccable. 

<br><div><br></div><div>agreed and also add to sumit and shiva, devendro singh who too is pretty young enough to represent 2-3 olympics and is having dream start to world stage so far too!!</div>
  • sabirsabir 46 Points
    <P>Boxing scoring system is out of date. The judges sit in a awkward position to count punches. We see better in TV. It is time they should introduce real time video referral. </P>
    <P>I expected the American to win as Vikash was totally clueless and Spence did enough to overcome one point deficit. But really sorry for Sangwan. AIBA was sleeping then. Even Vijndra's next opponent Abbas Atoev (UZbekistan) won last round controversially (Daylight rubbery). </P>
    <P>Vikash has something to blame himself. Becoming ulttra defensive to retain the lead didnt work for him. I dont know why he shifted from 60kg to 69 kg jumping two levels. Here he has to meet much stronger guys who can unsettle him with thunderous blows despite his better techniques. It happened in the last round against Spence.  </P>
    <P>Last time we had three boxers in QF including Vijendra but it looks difficult this time (if you dont count Mary Kom). I have hope Vijendra and Devendro but Monoj got the worst possible opponent - Thomas Staker, the best in this category.</P>
    <P> </P>
  • archakarchak 2082 Points
    Saina wins the Bronze Medal..... thanks to injured Wang Xin who was leading 21-18, 1-0<br>