AFC U16 CHAMPIONSHIP 2012

Comments

• ashindiaashindia 9264 Points

> Ronny said:
    > Japan 2-0 26 mins

Man our group was really tough indeed.If Syria managed to do so well against Japan then great.

So teams from our tight group did well.Uzbekistan in finals and Syria lost close to Japan probably another finalist.

• RonnyRonny 10472 Points

> ashindia said:
    > > Ronny said:
    > > Japan 2-0 26 mins

>
    >

Man our group was really tough indeed.If Syria managed to do so well against Japan then great.

wats most funny is that how most fans here were assuming straightaway that we wud make it to the quarters here-before the tournament began
    Ppl were thinking that we wud definitely put it across Syria and China!!

• UzbekUzbek 93 Points

ACL. Bunyodkor (Uzb) - Adelaide United (Aus) 3:2, Bunyodkor in the semifinal! Good day for Uzb-n football!

• namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points

I watched Bundyokor match from 67 th minute to the ET 1st half. BUN looked impressive. They shud hav scored using d 1 man advntg bt chose to get a red card n play 10-10! that shrt guy who took backvolley was hardworking

• namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points

N i saw one Serginho van Dijk playon fr Adelaide. Is he related to Sergio van Dijk, the guy linked to EB?

Iraq 1-4 Japan 73 mins

Japan easily

> somesh said:
    > N i saw one Serginho van Dijk playon fr Adelaide. Is he related to Sergio van Dijk, the guy linked to EB?

yes he's the one..now he's linked to a move to Indonesia..though Aussie fans say it wont materialise

Hats off to Japan
    won 5-1 against Iraq...Played with 10 players who did not play the quaterfinal win against Syria  :O
    Mindblowing bench strength and more importantly a mindblowing youth development system possibly the best in the world coz the Japanese execute evrythng with perfection and without corruption :D

• Pedro GonzalesPedro Gonzales 223 Points
    edited October 2012

Agree on the comment on Japan. I compared their squads in all their games. They have played their entire squad , and except for one defender who played a total of 75 minutes and the 3rd goalkeeper who was brought in for the stoppage time against Iraq, everyone else got at least 2 full games. They've not only developed 23 solid players in this generation but they've also given 21 of them top notch international experience.

Also, without too much analysis (on team composition, magnitude of possession in each game, etc), I think the best teams in the contest appear to be 1) Japan, 2) Uzbekistan, 3) South Korea (beat Japan and lost in penalties to Uzbekistan) & 4) Iran (close loss to Uzbekistan and big win against Australia) and 5) Syria (beat Uzbekistan, lost a close match to Japan).

Given the magnitude of their losses, I think the group with Iraq & Australia was perhaps the weakest, although I hesitate to call any Iraqi or Australian team weak.

I think the next tier of teams are 6) China (tied their games with Uzbekistan and Syria), 7) Iraq & 8) Australia

I think India fits into the next tier, which is 9) India (close loss to Uzbekistan and ties with China and Syria) 10) Kuwait (they did have a close 1 goal loss to Iran, but I dinged them because they barely beat Laos) and 11) Laos.

I found it difficult to distinguish between the rest so my rankings are quite random. 12) N. Korea 13) Oman, 14) Yemen, 15) Saudi Arabia, 16) Thailand.

However, that's not how AFC will rank these teams for the U19 qualifications in a couple of years. They'll go strictly by ranking within the groups so India will be ranked 13th (as the 4th placed team with the highest points). Better than the 33rd or so that we were last time around.

Btw, does the performance of this team have a bearing on the ranking of this team in the next U19 competitions or on the next U16 team?