AFC U16 CHAMPIONSHIP 2012

Comments

• usaindiausaindia 1671 Points

i think because the games are not held in uzbeck we may have decent chance atleast to draw

• ashindiaashindia 9322 Points
    edited September 2012
  • Well hopefully by 2014 AFC U19 qualifying we will have more players to add to the previous u16 batch. Also better preparation. These current u16 guys will form the core most likely of the India team for the 2019 AFC Asian Cup qualifiers.

• RonnyRonny 10479 Points

After watching Aussie-Thai game I can say that most our boys look smaller than een Thailand..no ways are we going to beat physically stronger nations!!

• > Ronny said:
    > After watching Aussie-Thai game I can say that most our boys look smaller than een Thailand..no ways are we going to beat physically stronger nations!!

These boys look fine. I dont get it. Wolverhampton Wanderers were one of the most physical teams in the Prem last season and they got relegated. Stoke City is the most physical and yet they dont get close to top 6. 

Ronny said:
    After watching Aussie-Thai game I can say that most our boys look smaller than een Thailand..no ways are we going to beat physically stronger nations!!

Our players are decent bro,Just to give you some Idea Sajid Dhot(3rd frm left in 1st pic) is 6ft so you can imagine height of others standing beside him and also pics are taken in different angles so people may look short to us

Arsenalkid700 said:
    > Ronny said:
    > After watching Aussie-Thai game I can say that most our boys look smaller than een Thailand..no ways are we going to beat physically stronger nations!!

These boys look fine. I dont get it. Wolverhampton Wanderers were one of the most physical teams in the Prem last season and they got relegated. Stoke City is the most physical and yet they dont get close to top 6. 

Bolton would have been a better example :-P

Our centre backs are tall enough thats agreed..If and if by any chance we qualify for the world cup then will we look equal to these guys from the previous u-17 wc in an year's time???(Anyways enjoy the goals guys  :D)

• So while Uzbekistan were playing in the U17 World Cup, we were playing in the SAFF U16 Cup... and losing to Pakistan.

Tehran: The political tensions at home might have hindered Syrians’ preparation but coach Muhannad Alfakeer is adamant that there is no dearth of commitment from his players as Syria prepare to take on Group D giants China on Sunday in the AFC U-16 Championship.

Alongside these two sides, the other countries in Group D are 2010 runners-up Uzbekistan and India. Syria were ousted from the 2010 edition with a bitter late goal from Uzbekistan’s Timur Kakhimov in the quarter-finals.

“The reality is almost nobody knows what happened after the 2010 competition so at this level you always have to be positive and we are doing the same despite not having an ideal preparation,” Alfakeer said.

“We had our camp in Damascus and played some friendlies against club sides of Jordan and Oman but we did not manage to play the international friendlies mainly because of the unrest in the country,” added Alfakeer.

Uzbekistan coach Dilshod Nuraliev who saw his side succumbed to a 2-0 defeat at the hands of eventual champions DPR Korea in 2010 in Uzbekistan believes that the preparation went ideal and the players are geared up for the tournament to start.

“We had an ideal preparation and played some international tournaments and one thing I am for sure in this tournament is whoever remain mentally strong and perform good would win it,” said Dilshod stressing that the participating countries are on par with each other.

China coach Su Maozhen highlighted the need of good opening to maintain the psychological level of the players at this tender age. “We must step in from our first match against Syria to achieve our target of winning the title or at least book a place in the FIFA U-17 World Cup,” he said.

India coach Toal Colm Joseph stressed the importance of participating at this level for his team. “It’s been two times in four years we are participating in the competitions and I am sure this would do loads of good for the football of India,” he said.

“We are talking about best 16 countries of Asia in this competition so it won’t be easy at all but I am hoping that the boys progress with each succeeding match,” he added. India will take on Uzbekistan on Sunday.