AFC U16 CHAMPIONSHIP 2012

Comments

• RonnyRonny 10477 Points

Tehran: Syrian coach Muhannad Alfakeer has termed Khaled Kourdoghli stoppage time goal as the ‘judgement’ of the match as Syria came from behind to share points with China after the Group D match finished 1-1.

Kourdoghli scored the equalizer with just two minutes remaining of the stoppage time with the Syrians on the brink of defeat after a 48th minute strike from Zhang Yuning put China on course for the victory.

“I must say we were unfortunate in the match but at least a point in those circumstances has pleased us,” Alfakeer said.

“We were up against a good side and as happened at this level, the Chinese players also were nervous. First 15 minutes we were no match to them but things slowed down and they were fortunate to come up with a goal,” he said.

“This group is very intriguing. We saw the Uzbekistan and India match earlier and it’s anybody’s game now since all the four teams are very strong,” he added.

Chinese coach Su Maozhen also echoed Alfakeer and conceded that the Syrians were better side in the whole 90 minutes of the match.

“Of course, when you are so near to pull a hard-fought win and you have to share the points, it’s sad but Syrians deserved this,” the Chinese coach said.

“We were all over the place earlier which forced me to make tactical change earlier which worked but not to the extent what we had thought.

“Syria used their physical strength and skill at best and caught us
    several times but I am happy with the boys’ effort and hopefully we
    would get better in upcoming matches,” he said.

• > Ronny said:
    > I told you Syria are a very tough team..Toal has seen it now..they are very energetic and physical..I just cant forget the day when they beat us 3-0 in the U-16 in 2008 :(

man ..nothing is easy once you reach the top 16 in asia..Also we generally struggle against the physical gameplay of gulf countries...i still have faith in indian cubs will hold their own against Syria.

Interesting game going on Laos leading Kuwait 3-2 in 75 mins :)

• usaindiausaindia 1671 Points

87 laos sttill leading 3-2

• namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points

Thais are quite rough, pushing and shoving all the time while Iraq looks technically much superior

• namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points

> usaindia said:
    > kuwait just tied it

Well they actually made it 4-3! Kuwait wins

Does Iraq have a very good youth development system??..how are their teams so skillfull and tactically good?

These Arabs are good at cheating also..lots of grassrolling and timewasting after tkng 2-0 lead by Iraq

• > Ronny said:
    > These Arabs are good at cheating also..lots of grassrolling and timewasting after tkng 2-0 lead by Iraq

Memories of India vs. Behrain at the Asian Cup come back (the red card).