U-20 I-league 2012

shankarshankar 2600 Points
edited April 2012 in I league 2011-12

The U-20 Tournament for I-League teams kick-off on April 17, 2012. The preliminary phase would be played in three different venues – Kalyani, Mumbai and Goa. The top teams from the three groups would qualify for the final phase which is slated to be held in Kalyani.

Teams participating - Pailan Arrows , East Bengal , Dempo SC , Lajong FC ,Sporting Clube De Goa , Chirag United , Mumbai FC,Pune FC,Salgaocar FC , Air India , Prayag United , Churchill Brothers , HAL Bangalore , Mohun Bagan.

http://www.the-aiff.com/pages/tournament/index.php?tournamentdetail=91

Comments

• rudrarudra 2958 Points
    Mumbai? Cooperage will be ready by then?
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    Group A (Goa) :

Churchill Brothers SC
    Dempo SC Pvt. Ltd.
    Sporting Clube de Goa
    Salgaocar S.C

Group B (Mumbai) :

Pune FC
    Air India
    Mumbai FC
    HAL Bangalore
    Chirag United Kerala

Group C (Kalyani):

McDowell Mohun Bagan
    Kingfisher East Bengal
    Prayag United SC
    Shillong Lajong FC
    Pailan Arrows
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    Won't be surprised if Arrows can't make it to final round
  • Who will play for Pailan? Pailan is a u23 squad so will they field random u18 players in a u20 league.
  • My bet will be on one of the Goan teams or Pune FC to win.

The Goan Youth League is almost professional. Pune FC is an Academy who have been playing professionally and Pune FC is playing them in the state league (or city league here).
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    arsenalfan wrote:
    Who will play for Pailan? Pailan is a u23 squad so will they field random u18 players in a u20 league.

Pailan is a u23 squad, doesn't mean they won't have u20 guys...most of the Indian u19 guys are with Pailan squad, in fact they will have a pretty decent squad with guys having experience
  • rudra wrote:
    arsenalfan wrote:
    Who will play for Pailan? Pailan is a u23 squad so will they field random u18 players in a u20 league.

Pailan is a u23 squad, doesn't mean they won't have u20 guys...most of the Indian u19 guys are with Pailan squad, in fact they will have a pretty decent squad with guys having experience

Cosidering they have like 30 players on the roster I bet Robert Baan will force them to use the kids who dont get game time for the u20 league.

Also I think on the forum we should keep more attention on the league because these kids are real u20 players and future I-League players. Its like following your Premier League team and also following there Academy team.

It was great for me to say to my friends "Ya I knew Jack Wilshere sense he was with the u14s"

We can all say soon "Ya I knew that I-League star when he was in the u20 league".
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    Last yr. Mumbai FC did better than Pune FC!!!!!
    Even in the final 4, EB and MB made it, although the popular perception is that they don't have any youth setup
    http://www.indianfootballnetwork.com/forum/discussion/204/u-19-football-tournament/p4
  • Well no. Bagan have the Sail Academy. Bengal I hear have youth from TFA and they both play in the Calcutta Youth League so they do play.

Viva and HAL will make random youth teams. JCT was fine. Pune only started there Academy last season with brand new players. Mumbai was practically a youth team last season, even at senior level. Shillong had an okay youth team, Sporting same. Dempo surprisingly did bad. Churchill and Salgaocar were average. The rest was okay.
  • imsouravimsourav kolkata659 Points
    eastbengal were runners up in last two editions of this u20 league. And we have found good players from our u19 system like jayanta, nabin hela, budhiram, saikat, beikhokei, amit sinha etc