2021 SAFF Championship

Comments

• BoalhaBoalha Maldives1223 Points
    Team India are staying at Paradise Island Resort. It's all part of a cunning plan from Maldives. Pamper the opposition, soften them up and then get them ripe for a plucking.
    munna219777Carbon_14thebeautifulgameashindiagoalkeepardev_pfcChelseafan
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    edited September 2021
    Where are other teams staying ? same resort or other resorts ?

Its good to see such hospitality and luxury hotels for footballers
    giridharandeepuAbhishek
  • giridharangiridharan Washington D.C3586 Points
    But Rony at some point they will have to step up. SAFF Cup at least in my opinion is an opportunity to show their level.
    AFC maybe after they prove. SAFF cup should be used to give some in form youngsters choice. I am disappointed when people like Rahim and other get picked over in form players. Don't get me wrong, if we lose SAFF also that's fine, we could include Sivasakthi and Bidya. How else will we have the replacement for Chettri. Sad that we still need him for this SAFF cup
    Carbon_14munna219777RonnygaffertapePassikartik91
  • RonnyRonny 10444 Points
    I still dont think at this juncture with Durand being mid way, Stimac would have chosen absolutely uncapped players. They should have been chosen for an U-23 camp but we have the AIFF regulars there like VP and Rohit Danu
    giridharan
  • dev_pfcdev_pfc Pune1935 Points
    you can't choose people based on Durand cup performance, atleast not in its current format. though I agree that likes of Rahim Ali, Farukh Chaudhary are not cut out for NT.
    Deb_BanAbhishek
  • BoalhaBoalha Maldives1223 Points
    @munna219777
    Maldives & Bangladesh: Hotel JEN (Male')
    Sri Lanka: Hulhule Island Hotel (the airport hotel, a 10 minute bus ride to Male)
    Nepal: Bandos Island Resort (20 minute speedboat ride from Male', although they seem to prefer using the full-sized artificial turf ground at the resort for training sessions)

India will be making 20 minute commutes to Male for their training sessions via speedboat. Incidentally, the resort they are staying at also housed Philippines during the 2014 AFC Challenge Cup. Their contingent of naturalised Europeans and their American coach were disappointed about missing out on the chance to host the tournament, and whined on Filipino media about having "no food options for foreigners on this island". It was pointed out to them that they were staying at a luxury resort that caters to tourists from all over the world, and that the majority of their chefs were Filipino.
    munna219777RonnyDeb_Banindian_goonerAbhishek
  • ashindiaashindia 9248 Points
    Boalha said:
    Team India are staying at Paradise Island Resort. It's all part of a cunning plan from Maldives. Pamper the opposition, soften them up and then get them ripe for a plucking.
    In India we do the same to Goats before Eid. 
    giridharanBoalhamunna219777goalkeeparharitrams24Deb_Banindian_gooner
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29575 Points
    @ashindia: I know that your heart is in the right place and you might be factually correct but your last post might send a wrong signal in certain quarters. You might think of revising/deleting it.

Cheers!!
    haritrams24Deb_BanAbhishekkartik91
  • giridharangiridharan Washington D.C3586 Points
    He is factually correct, they feed and take really good care of the goat before sacrifice. It's a very old custom in our country nothing disrespectful :smile:
    Ronnygaffertapeharitrams24ashindiaPassiindian_goonerChelseafan
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29575 Points
    OK, if members find that it is OK, then i have nothing against it

Cheers!
    giridharan