Youth Football in India (News Thread)

Comments

• So let me get this straight... the Fatorda Stadium is getting a huge ass renovation and yet the other teams want to leave. Why not have at least 1 team stay. 
  • Ashlesh wrote: »
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">
    So let me get this straight... the Fatorda Stadium is getting a huge ass renovation and yet the other teams want to leave. Why not have at least 1 team stay. 

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">it will be a mufti purpose stadium an stadium for sporting around 20K will be good for them at parra at least they will have crowd there people from Parra wont travel to fatorda <br>and margao Sc if they get good sponsor and build on good team as now they are saying there will be having transfer fee rule in Goa then margao can use fatorda <br><br>churchill varca no one likes to travel to margao <br>Salgaocar vasco same story </font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Dempo panjim no one will even imagine to travel so much at margao <br>and same case with sporting <br>so its seems logical of these clubs to have stadium in their region rather than playing somewhere where fans wont travel regularly </font></div>

<br><div><br></div><div>Ya but is it really safe for Dempo and Sporting to be in the same city. Small populations I reckon. Better of one moves to Margao if fans are possible.</div>
  • silicon3silicon3 351 Points
    Ashlesh wrote: »
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">
    So let me get this straight... the Fatorda Stadium is getting a huge ass renovation and yet the other teams want to leave. Why not have at least 1 team stay. 

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><br><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">so its seems logical of these clubs to have stadium in their region rather than playing somewhere where fans wont travel regularly </font></div>

<br><div><br></div><div>Ya but is it really safe for Dempo and Sporting to be in the same city. Small populations I reckon. Better of one moves to Margao if fans are possible.</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>panjim is hugely populated buddy it the capital and the population over here can support 4 clubs its hard to be here and only if you have hard cash in pocket than you can think of buying a flat here :P no place to stay <br>and sporting are planning to move to parra which isnot in panjim </div>

<br><br>if we start getting EPL type Games All of Goa will travel to fatorda or where ever in goa to see the matches live and meet the stars<br>
  • Ya but we are not going to get that for awhile. Also I still have doubts. Panjim is apparently the 3rd biggest city in Goa at 65,000 people. THIRD LARGEST AT 65,000!!! Can we really sustain 2 teams in such close proximity of each other when the population is so low. That is why I rather Goa have 2 clubs in I-League than 4 (preferably one in Northern Goa and another in Southern Goa). Plus apparently Parra is 27 minutes from Panjim. I mean, how does this sound promising.
    even i find it stupid if sporting do thinking parra as final place coz spoting nagao are merging with saligao lightnights and building stadium in saligao which is only 10km away from parra and work have already started so 2 stadiums in 10km distance seems odd 

<br><div><br></div><div>Why not share? Also how big are Nagao planning to make the stadium?</div>
    even i find it stupid if sporting do thinking parra as final place coz spoting nagao are merging with saligao lightnights and building stadium in saligao which is only 10km away from parra and work have already started so 2 stadiums in 10km distance seems odd 

<br><div><br></div><div>Why not share? Also how big are Nagao planning to make the stadium?</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>25k </div>

<br><div><br></div><div>They are a state league team. Dont tell me... they are going for 25k seats?</div>
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">his primarily want to make his voting bank secure this is first time he won election he is only 40  he himself was football players he played for saligao n he is u can call real estate tycoon nice person good to talk to and football enthusiastic never miss football matches of those two clubs when he wasn't a MLA so we can expect next srinivas dempo or chirag tanna like guy in football </font>

<br><div><br></div><div>I like real estate tycoons as owners. They usually have the funds. Problem here is that if he wants to be in I-League that would mean another Goan club relegated. </div>
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2" style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">
    his primarily want to make his voting bank secure this is first time he won election he is only 40  he himself was football players he played for saligao n he is u can call real estate tycoon nice person good to talk to and football enthusiastic never miss football matches of those two clubs when he wasn't a MLA so we can expect next srinivas dempo or chirag tanna like guy in football </font><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">I like real estate tycoons as owners. They usually have the funds. Problem here is that if he wants to be in I-League that would mean another Goan club relegated. </div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Churchill brothers :P but currently i don't think anyone is in position to relegate even vasco SC tie up wid BFA means BFA 1st batch will next year play for Vasco in Second division <br>Only thing can help if GFA make 20 team league and have more money than i league they can do it if they plan properly with backing of government <br>and if i league make rule to have GFA super league top 4 to be in i league </font></div>

<br><div><br></div><div>Definetly not in the near future but soon a Goan club (and Kolkata) will have to be relegated.</div><div><br></div><div>Already hoping that Air India and ONGC will make Mumbai a 1-team city again.</div>
    unfortunately we should not expect ONGC to relegate coz they have good players few sporting players have moved on to ONGC which even played in second division and with few good overseas players they can be difficult team on their day<div><br></div>

<br><div><br></div><div>Still. I expect it to be close with ONGC going down. Air India will be interesting. They were never a good team on paper but Kashyap has been great.</div>
    unfortunately we should not expect ONGC to relegate coz they have good players few sporting players have moved on to ONGC which even played in second division and with few good overseas players they can be difficult team on their day<div><br></div>

<br><div><br></div><div>Still. I expect it to be close with ONGC going down. Air India will be interesting. They were never a good team on paper but Kashyap has been great.</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>currently ONGC training at Aizwal </div>

<br><div><br>And they lost two matches to amateur Mizo clubs if I am not mistaken.</div>