NEHRU CUP 2012

Comments

• Its still raining very hard in delhi, seems like this is continue for few more hours. Not sure if the match will take place. Even if it does it will be on the lines on of India-Syria match

• Cameroon's coach is angry about poor referring!He said they did not come here for cinema or joke,they wanted to win this tournament!They did not get service of their star players who play in European clubs but he said they have come with their best domestic league players!According to him in their team they have brought best GK of Cameroon league last season(Lawrence Ngome Ngoe),same way they also has bought the most goal scorer in their last season( Ousmaïla Baba) and best mid fielder(Joseph Julien Momasso). Apart from these players he said they came with some future superstars,some present and former u-21 and u-23 players--such as - Jean-Patrick Abouna, Maxime Mengue(he played 2011 fifa u-20 world cup), Paul Rolland Bebey Kingué(he played for their u-23 team in 2008 Bejing olypmics),Charles Edoa Nga(u-23 team striker),
    Apart from these players he said in his squad there are couple of very good players who performed very well in domestic league from past couple of season like - Gustave Moundi Djengue,Stéphane Kingue Mpondo,Thierry Makon Nloga,Clevis Ashu Tambe, Eugene Didier Talla Nembot and Alix Bertin Ondobo Ebanga. He also added may be this is not Cameroon's best team bcoz several players of cameroon play in abroad ,But without them he this this is Cameroon's best squad!He also mentioned that he is making the squad for match against Cape Verde Islands(CIP) on September and October in Fifa friendly international .He said match against CIP he will get service of their few players who play in Europe !So Their team taking Nehru cup seriously and they are quiet sure that they can win it! But He said that their players facing bit problem in this wet condition in the field and he has shown his disgrace about referring last night.But he is quiet sure that his team will win next all matches!!

Meanwhile Syrian coach said that he think India team is better than this Cameroon team..
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points

Did a tactics article.

Only on the defensive aspects of the Syria game, there was not much to do as we defended most of the time. I noticed few differences on how we approach the defensive aspects than how we did it before, made it into an article.

• i also think that the india refs are poor and not up to the standard.....for an international tourney albeit invitational one, they should have foreign refs......the uzbek ref in india's first game was very strict and no nonsense but also very good...he should officiate all the games

• rudrarudra 2958 Points

> sanvedjadhav said:
    > i also think that the india refs are poor and not up to the standard.....for an international tourney albeit invitational one, they should have foreign refs......the uzbek ref in india's first game was very strict and no nonsense but also very good...he should officiate all the games

also the uzbek referee would have turned 41 on the next day. he was getting wet one day before his birthday!
  • delhi weather update any1?

• spartasparta Jamshedpur FC2074 Points

No rain currently but no sunshine either and there isn't any hope of sunshine too :(

• ajmalajmal 1208 Points
    edited August 2012

> rudra said:
    > Did a tactics article.

Only on the defensive aspects of the Syria game, there was not much to do as we defended most of the time. I noticed few differences on how we approach the defensive aspects than how we did it before, made it into an article.

good job mate...need these kind of articles,something different..yeah agree about the tacking by midfielders..syria made many moves mainly due to defensive errors...but we have a coach who himself is a former defender..so i expect our defense to improve in the upcoming matches..i saw some beutiful moves from us along the flanks upfront during the initial minutes of the match,these moves which i felt natural...but passing needs to improve,particularly the defenders' as we our strategy is bulding up from the back...i felt thers's some confusion to our forwards near opponents penalty box...we can also improve in counter attacking with quick players like francis,chetri...hoping for dry matches further
  • silicon3silicon3 351 Points

> rudra said:
    > Did a tactics article.

@rudra... lonely artice with very intresting insights..a few of which i realised after reading the article..

It will be intresting to know what u think about the indian game in d first 30 minutes ( before the pitch started getting watr logged).. it thought teh passing and tempo was very goos ( as compared to  seen in AFC cup and previous editions). the team was ready to challenge for all the balls as highlighted in your article and was staying true to playing via the  ground. once the pitch got water looged  they tried teh passing game but relaised the ball was not moving and stated with the  long balls.

Indian defense was in sixes and sevens.. more focus should be placed on teh indian defense  or else cameroon  could kill us for their game.

• suneer_ksuneer_k 129 Points

Delhi weather update please