NEHRU CUP 2012

Comments

• AdminAdmin 240 Points

Is it some kind of rumor? Has anyone from Bengal seen ads on Zee 24 Ghanta?

• frudokingfrudoking 0 Points
    edited August 2012
    Syria Has announced the 20 men squad for the Nehru cup

GK-- Mosab Balhous,Taha Mosa, Mahmoud Al Youssef

DF-- Bakri Tarab, Ahmad Al Salih, Hamzeh Al Aitoni, Jehad Al Baour, Mohamad Zbida, Hamoud Al Hamoud, Khaled Al Brijawi, Yasser Shoshara

MF-- Oday Jafal, Alaa Al Shbli, Mohamad Afa Al Rifai, Ali Ghalioum, Zakaria Al Omari, Zaher Midani, Abdelrazaq Al Hussain

FW- Hani Al Taiar, Mardik Mardikian

http://syrian-soccer.com/?page=show_det&select_page=6&id=6412

It's mostly a young side with couple of experienced players!
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points

That means all 5 teams have announced their squad/probables. Syria and Cameroon taking it lightly. Although Cameroon 2nd or even 3rd string should be much stronger than India, we should be able to get past Syria to play in the final. And in the final, anything can happen in Delhi!

• This gives me hope for India against Syria. I would bet a 2nd place finish with runners-up at the Final. I cant see us beating Cameroon. Sadly the game against them is our last game and by then I bet fatigue with factor in (I expect Wim is giving the players a hard work-out) so expect a 2-0, 3-0, or maybe 3-1 loss.

Although if we beat Syria and then Maldives then we would have 6 points. If Syria and Maldives are at say 2-3 points still we could rest the core senior team and start the bench against Nepal. Then the guys would be warmed up for the Cameroon game.

Or better. Beat Syria, Maldives, and Nepal with the seniors and then play the bench against Cameroon and then in the Final we play the seniors against Cameroon (I expect them in the Final).

• frudokingfrudoking 0 Points
    edited August 2012

The Cameroon team is not their C or 3 standard team.It's really good one.It's kinda their league's BEST XI and those players many occasion represented their national side.
                         I think last two times
    2007 and 2009 Syria sent more Experienced side.this time they sent mainly
    a mix up side,i mean with 3-4 very experienced player and rest of
    u-23!In their squad we can see absence of those players who play in
    Saudi,Jordon,Sweden,Iran,I
    raq league.Though it is also fact that their u-23 team played very well in 2012 OLYMPICS Qualification round.

• namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points

I saw a small 6 second ad of Nehru Cup on Neo Sports. Very unwillingly done

• > somesh said:
    > I saw a small 6 second ad of Nehru Cup on Neo Sports. Very unwillingly done

6 Second Ad? 
  • Arsenalkid700Arsenalkid700 7 Points
    edited August 2012

Pleased with team and camp: Koevermans

Indian football coach Wim Koevermans expressed his satisfaction with the Bangalore leg of the team’s preparatory camp for the Nehru Cup, which concluded at the Football Stadium on Wednesday. 

• shankarshankar 2600 Points

> Arsenalkid700 said:
    > > somesh said:
    > > I saw a small 6 second ad of Nehru Cup on Neo Sports. Very unwillingly done
    >
    >

6 Second Ad? 

You cant call that as ad....since they just got the deal few days back so expect a better work in few days and we could see better promo in coming days

The current one just says it is nehru cup organised by aiff for its 75 yrs completion...NEO can do better that that lets wait and see