NEHRU CUP 2012

Comments

• namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points

Any idea why Jeje was dropped? Is he injured or something? Coz he didnt even play in the match against Pailan Arrows

• News is that Jeje is not 100% fit! I am really worried about his long term Injury~

• Thank god. I was actually worried that maybe he was you know... shit. I have only seen Jeje in patches really so I cant judge the boy on other than paper so I was worried that maybe he failed Wim's new style.

As for Lenny. Maybe Jeje was dropped and Wim called in Lenny.
  • As for Lenny. Maybe Jeje was dropped and Wim called in Lenny.

But Leny in MF and Jeje FW--- so he can call Sabeeth or Subash singh! i guess that is Rocus Lamare not Lenny~AIFF silly mistake
                     Any way why Jeje is suffering a lot for his injury?If he is not 100% fit then why they are calling him in preliminary squad!And why Pune FC and Indian NT doctor/Physio etc cant cure him? I AM REALLY WORRIED ABOUT HIS INJURY AND FITNESS!!

• I am quiet skeptical about this team midfld! Apart from Sanju,Alwin,Mehetab and Jewel and bit Miranda there is not much options!!

• projenatorprojenator 26 Points
    edited August 2012

Excellent team selection
    otherwise, a few concerns being Anthony Pereira and Lenny Rodrigues,
    afraid Lenny although a workhorse at the I league level is not that
    pressure hardened to play for the national team. Mehtab and Sanju is gonna make
    first eleven for sure. Sanju can only go full steam for 70 minutes max, who comes in for him them ? Francis Fernandes will be a better bet instead of an woefully out of form Pereira.  Finally sense has dawned including Mehtab, Sanju
    and Gurwinder, as repeatedly pointed out in my technical analysis on several forum, they should have been there for the last couple years, had not team selection been so parochial.

• Not sure how much Jeje's exclusion has to do with injury, Bengali daily Bartaman found out from the camp that Wim did not consider Jeje and milan singh even for the practice games, no wonder the logical conclusion was that they were sure to be dropped from the final 20

http://www.bartamanpatrika.com/content/sports.htm

• shankarshankar 2600 Points

My starting 11 would be like this

This squad on paper looks competitive on paper and if they link well then we can get a good score with  probable change in the squad could be miranda replaced by fransis if needed 
  • projenatorprojenator 26 Points
    edited August 2012

Realistically Francis will be there instead of Jewel in the starting eleven, that's what the trend was in practice games with Jewel replacing Francis around the 70th minute.  Jewel might fit into a more defensive formation, Francis in a more attacking one. Francis brings a lot more flair in offence with his speed and off the ball piercing runs.