NEHRU CUP 2012

Comments

• From what I saw it seemed like India dominated for only 15 minutes but then Syria dominated us for the rest of the half. The 2nd half was equal between the two teams until my stream died.

• Terp13Terp13 47 Points
    edited August 2012

I respect this guy (Chris Punnakkattu Daniel) but I don't know which match he watched.

The players were trying their best to display the new style with the one twos. And they were perfect. Unnecessary long balls were not to be seen.(Some were seen in the second half but not all long balls were unnecessary) Rather, inch perfect crosses excited all – after all on display was a new Indian football side. The back four was looking like a well oiled machine, closing down efficiently inside the box. (Are you serious sir?) Further back, Subrata Pal looked more than convincing when his turn came. He palmed away a well placed header from his counterpart with minimal fuss. India were more calculated in the second half. (I thought they were more calculated in the 1st half) They didn’t take unnecessary risks at but the same time looked to split open the rival defence. The ploy paid dividends as Pereira settled the issue in the 82nd minute. Alshbbli pulled back for Syria but it came a bit too late. Sunil Chhetri was declared the Man of the Match. India next play Maldives on August 25.

Read more at http://www.chrispd.de/wordpress/2012/08/22/2012-nehru-cup-india-syria/
    Reproduction in any media, publication and/or social media (e.g. Facebook) without giving proper credit to www.chrispd.de is prohibited!
    Copyright © Chris Punnakkattu Daniel | www.chrispd.de
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points

> Terp13 said:
    > I respect this guy (Chris Punnakkattu Daniel) but I don't know which match he watched.

The players were trying their best to display the new style with the one twos. And they were perfect. Unnecessary long balls were not to be seen.(Some were seen in the second half but not all long balls were unnecessary) Rather, inch perfect crosses excited all – after all on display was a new Indian football side. The back four was looking like a well oiled machine, closing down efficiently inside the box. (Are you serious sir?) Further back, Subrata Pal looked more than convincing when his turn came. He palmed away a well placed header from his counterpart with minimal fuss. India were more calculated in the second half. (I thought they were more calculated in the 1st half) They didn’t take unnecessary risks at but the same time looked to split open the rival defence. The ploy paid dividends as Pereira settled the issue in the 82nd minute. Alshbbli pulled back for Syria but it came a bit too late. Sunil Chhetri was declared the Man of the Match. India next play Maldives on August 25.

Read more at http://www.chrispd.de/wordpress/2012/08/22/2012-nehru-cup-india-syria/
    Reproduction in any media, publication and/or social media (e.g. Facebook) without giving proper credit to www.chrispd.de is prohibited!
    Copyright © Chris Punnakkattu Daniel | www.chrispd.de

haha this is AIFF media release, now I am not sure how much believable are their u-22 reports

• i think they should get rid of NOVY KAPADIA....he is very knowledgeable, but his commentary is shit....he uses so many unnecessary adjectives for every person on the field and also fumbles big time.....i sometimes MUTE and watch when he is commentating

• jees_josejees_jose 210 Points

i think they should get rid of NOVY KAPADIA....he is very knowledgeable,
    but his commentary is shit....he uses so many unnecessary adjectives
    for every person on the field and also fumbles big time.....i sometimes
    MUTE and watch when he is commentating

Exactly. He talks about a player or referee and then goes  talking about his where abouts for half an hour and misses the play.

• RonnyRonny 10488 Points

> sanvedjadhav said:
    > i think they should get rid of NOVY KAPADIA....he is very knowledgeable, but his commentary is shit....he uses so many unnecessary adjectives for every person on the field and also fumbles big time.....i sometimes MUTE and watch when he is commentating

same here..commentary full of adjectives

• JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points

Watching chelsea vs reding

• > Joyptan said:
    > Watching chelsea vs reding

How is that working out :)
  • JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points
    edited August 2012

Arsenalkid700
    > Joyptan said:

> Watching chelsea vs reding

How is that working out :)