NEHRU CUP 2012

Comments

• namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points

Just a quick note..

#NehruCup and #IndianFootball trending on Twitter in India! 1st time in my knowledge
  • sabirsabir 46 Points

Antony's goal is the compensation for the irritation he has given us for one year. But, Sanju is a better prospect over all. Miranda has done two things right today - a goal line save and a good cross; coincidentally these won the match for India. But, there was not much creation from his side otherwise. Bit surprised not seeing Alwyn. He is an intelligent passer who could give the final touch on a move. Just square pass and back pass is not passing football. You need a guy like Alwyn who can tear the opponent defence by passing.

• Terp13Terp13 47 Points
    edited August 2012

Sunil's Goal for those who missed it:

It is also embedded below by Somesh (thanks Somesh)

> sabir said:
    > Antony's goal is the compensation for the irritation he has given us for one year. But, Sanju is a better prospect over all. Miranda has done two things right today - a goal line save and a good cross; coincidentally these won the match for India. But, there was not much creation from his side otherwise. Bit surprised not seeing Alwyn. He is an intelligent passer who could give the final touch on a move. Just square pass and back pass is not passing football. You need a guy like Alwyn who can tear the opponent defence by passing. 

I think Wim had plans in 2nd half for Alwyn but he did not field him due to rain. He is a skill-oriented player and it would not hav been possible for him to keep his natural game..not a great way to make debut. Good that he was not played

> Terp13 said:
    > Sunil's Goal for those who missed it:

• Terp13Terp13 47 Points

Also, is it just me or did Syria not play that well? I could tell the players were not particularly excited and I can't blame them because their political situation is horrible. I would not be surprised if they even loose to Nepal because they just are not in it.

• jees_josejees_jose 210 Points

Also, is it just me or did Syria not play that well? I could tell the
    players were not particularly excited and I can't blame them because
    their political situation is horrible. I would not be surprised if they
    even loose to Nepal because they just are not in it.

They will beat Maldives and Nepal without much difficulty if the ground is good.

Rain did them in I guess. They struggled in the completely unfamiliar soggy pitch

• RonnyRonny 10488 Points

Still this was not the best of Syrian teams for sure..they were definitely inexperienced...even our mid wasnt much experienced but we took our chances..syrians had better chances but they cudnt convert those

• Terp13Terp13 47 Points

Before the rain even, it seemed like India had control although Syria created good chances as well. I hope only rain was the factor but with this defeat they will have to demolish the other teams if they want to play in the finals. It is very good that we got this win because a loss would have been the end for us. I am looking forward to the Cameroon game tomorrow to see how they will play.