Mumbai Tigers

Comments

• shankarshankar 2600 Points

> sanvedjadhav said:
    > > shankar said:
    > > I still liked the way mumbai fc is run with them just staying in the league with decent team as they were not gonna impress any fans playing away from home....and with the first home match in mumbai fc coming soon they are increasing their activity too....

and mainly how could you cheer for a company??it is like cheering for Reliance indians in IPL in place of mumbai Indians ....which i dont see happening 

>
    >
    dont they cheer for dempo and salgaocar or CB?

They cheer for goan players more than goan club...
    and i dont see any local talent being in dodsal lineup neither do they have anything which a mumbai guy could connect with
  • i think jus bringing quality foreigners will be enough for our fans, man u connected plyrs like silvestre and some more like him will excite our EPL crazy fans in mumbai

• shankarshankar 2600 Points

> sanvedjadhav said:
    > i think jus bringing quality foreigners will be enough for our fans, man u connected plyrs like silvestre and some more like him will excite our EPL crazy fans in mumbai

yea that will attract the fans to stadium but they will be there to support the player not the club which is lot different... in fact in that way people will find that there is another club in mumbai fc who are doing decent with them mainly promoting local talents which could attract the sentiments of localites.....

This is the way all clubs around the world have gained fan base by promoting local talents
  • to promote local talent, mumbai fc should start an academy, which sadly they are not doing, remember they disbanded their u-16 team

• > sanvedjadhav said:
    > to promote local talent, mumbai fc should start an academy, which sadly they are not doing, remember they disbanded their u-16 team

For the time being. They still have the 2nd best I-League youth team (I know it is only based on 2 months). Give it a while. I would love to know how much Essel has lost because the team is away from home for the last 3 seasons.
  • > Ashlesh said:
    > its nothing on name watch out for same dodsal if they continue bring stars and win trophy people will start loving them fans are not build overnight it require tim. if same dodsal bring epl players and play in acl that wat they say you people will start loving them 

They can win the fucking Club World Cup for all i care... oh wait... that wont happen... BECAUSE MONEY DOES NOT AUTOMATICALLY HELP!
  • JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points

106th NADKARNI CUP FINAL TODAY DODSAL FC VS MUMBAI CUSTOMS.

• I can forecast an I-League table after few years with top 5 being private firms... Dodsal, TATA, Dempo, Prayag, Mahindra, etc.... It would be awful whatsoever to see that its not really a typical I-League but a company league!! And as always, the fans will still be behind EPL n Cricket...empty stadiums, nothing new except that the league has some quality players... If these clubs are really serious about making a fan base, name is really important!!! Name should signify the fans and the local communty, and not the company alone who is just putting the money, with an aim of good returns...money can't possibly buy the loyalty...might earn some glory hunters, who will rise and flee as top players come and go...

• @Ashlesh...its really easy to get packed stands on local matches arranged on some temporary set up grounds...and, it gets better if these are held seasonal...the local 7s tournaments in Malabar regions in Kerala always gets packed stands, but the champions of 7s, Golden Treads are a total looser with empty stands during 11s... How many loyal fans have Dempo earned till this day, being the reigning champs?? is it anywhere near to what eb or mb have, who are community based clubs

• I heard Pune FC had around 10k fans for their last home game...how many were there for the royal goan derby?? Seriously, they need to bring something new for something better...i don't see the atmosphere of goan club matches to be so pleasant as it really should be considering their rich tradition and craze for football...