2012-13 Calcutta Premier League

Comments

• > rudra said:
    > > Arsenalkid700 said:
    > > > Joyptan said:
    > > > Btw Baljit Singh Saini is the leading goal scored in CFL with 11 goals.
    > >
    > >

Yet he only has three appearances in I-League. This is a guy who was the I-League youth player of the Year a few seasons ago.

>
    >

he has been a big i league flop..i dont think EB can afford to play him...might cost the title

Every player has a run off form. Sahni may have had a longer-lasting run of being off-form but that does not mean keeping him in CFL.

East Bengal, I still think, should loan him out. I understand the need for back-up but you barely use him as a sub anyway and he is 4th choice striker at the club. Loan him to a lower-tier I-League side and see what he can do as a starter. East Bengal already are loaning 5 players out so they are familiar with loans.
  • JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points

Baljit is a type of player who needs free space to run without the ball,which he gets in CFL because of poor defenders who does not mark him well. But in I-league he get marked very strictly,and doesn't get as much space as he need.

He can never be a success in I-league playing in a big club(hope i'm wrong).

He can be a succes playing in a small club who's opponents attack and leave space at the back. But when he playes in EB he gets marked because no team whould want a EB player to get even an inch of free space.

• > Joyptan said:
    > Baljit is a type of player who needs free space to run without the ball,which he gets in CFL because of poor defenders who does not mark him well. But in I-league he get marked very strictly,and doesn't get as much space as he need.
    >
    > He can never be a success in I-league playing in a big club(hope i'm wrong).
    >
    > He can be a succes playing in a small club who's opponents attack and leave space at the back. But when he playes in EB he gets marked because no team whould want a EB player to get even an inch of free space.

If that is true then why not let him go to a smaller club for awhile. And think about it: If he does well at first with a smaller club the opponents will again start to mark him heavy again because they know he is a threat. Only difference is this time he is more likely to continue to play instead of being benched like he would at East Bengal.

He would basically then get practice against defenders who play a tight line and may get used to it.
  • > Joyptan said:
    > @Arsenalkid700 btw i'm not an EB official.

I know. Why would I think you were?
    edited February 2013

Today one of my favorite player of CFL scored a goal against EB

Ram Malik of Aryan

Share photos on twitter with Twitpic

If u see the "Live Commentry" of the match,whatever attacking Aryan did it was through Ram Malik.

http://www.kolkatafootballs.com/indiafootball_news_2013/feb15thpart.html#fl_eastbengal_beat_aryan_7-1

edited February 2013

IFA CFL - PREMIER LEAGUE : 2012-13 TOMORROWS FIXTURES : 22.02.2013 :

Mohun Bagan Vs Kalighat MS 2.15 PM (IST)

United SC Vs Eastern Railway 2.15 PM (IST)

• hadfadkarhadfadkar 1236 Points

MOHUN BAGAN V/S KALIGHAT MS (KALYANI-2.15 PM)

MMB : Arindam, Denson, Khelemba, Mehraj, Biswajit, Manish Maithani, Snehasish, Jacobs, Manish Bhargav, Odafa, Tolgay..

KMS : Souvik, Kallol, Zordinlian, Abhijit, Tanmoy, Rana, Bhim, Arijit, R. Kasomwosh, Giblee, Christopher.

REF : Animesh Biswas.

UNITED SC V/S EASTERN RAILWAY (VYBK-2.15 PM)

USC : Sangram, Ravinder, Anupam, Bello, Deepak, Dhanachandra, James, Tapan, Gouranga, Vincent, Ranti.

ESR : Koushik, Avik, Babun, Goutam, Ramizul, Bapan, Samuel, Nilanjan, Chandan, Dipankar, Bapi.

United SC 1-0 Eastern Railway (12').
    Ranti Martins Scored For Purple Brigade.