FIFA World Cup 2014 Brazil

Comments

• shibiershibier 2997 Points
    I have correctly predicted Spain's group stage  exit in this thread ...and got two  Dislike for tht prediction !!!
    goalkeeparmunna219777preetamashindiamohammed_87hassanspartashankarsadysamiamdhritiman7
  • ashindiaashindia 9365 Points
    France 5-2 Switzerland FT.

What a performance.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    Asian teams have been the worst of the lot. And I don't consider Australia, because they are not Asians, they just compete in AFC. I am talking about the actual Asians (geographically speaking)

Iran vs Nigeria - Iran defend defend defen..sudden attack and then bck to business.

Russia vs Korea - What a boring 1st half they played, picked up a bit in 2nd but can't shoot at the goal for god's sake! The only goal they scored is exactly how they needed. a gift from goalie from a stupid harmless shot.

Japan vs Ivory Coast/Greece - Only Japan showed some promise. But Ivory coast put the pressure back in second half and deservingly won. Greeece game was something I regretted watching at 3.30 am. 10 men for a hour, still cant score, they even hit it over the bar from an angle from which hiitting over required quite a talent. Greece played a gritty game as expected, but see how Colombia thrashed them. Japan disappointed me esp. after confederation cup display. no variation, no flair.

Latin americans, as usual were great (except average Ecuador), Europeans have been mixed, African have been entertaining except for Algeria, but can't score as usual. North Americans have been good except honduras. Oceania's AFC guys Australia were really good in a very tough group.
    Only Asians have been really one dimensional and entertaining. And still we dream about more spots. Even the one strength they had, I didn't see the usual Japanese, Korean spirit of a fast paced game.
    silicon3
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10481 Points
  • preetampreetam 870 Points
    Even strong european team are strugglin but avg. American teams are performing....its home effect
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    struggling in terms of points is different from struggling in terms of good football.Spain is a different story, lost intensity and everyone knows how they play. England actually played well. Italy was bad against costa rica but played pretty well against england. what i am saying is the statement asian teams are making. australia has zero points, but their fighting spirit impressed anyone, I woudl enjoy watching them. I wont enjoy watching iran or korea even if they win. japan is in a 50-50 scenario, lacks variety but still decent to watch, if the opposition is also attacking
  • CybertronCybertron 402 Points
    @rudra This shows that top asian teams such as Japan, Iran or Korea can be beaten in football. Small countries such as Coasta Rica or Ivory Coast are role models for other asian teams such as India. It is a good opportunity for India to improve their football skills against Japan or Korea for now. We may never know in future India may qualify for World Cup and might reach the finals of World Cup (a dream of every Indian football fan).

I have seen most of these football players who are playing in World Cup are playing for European clubs in top european leagues. Our Indian players must work hard to get into these top european leagues so that India may have a chance to qualify for World Cup in future. Maybe training & skills imparted by these european clubs are top of the order which I-league clubs fail to understand properly. These European leagues are highly competitive too.
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10481 Points
    @Cyberton India won't qualify for next 50 years for sure.so leave it
    7negigoalkeepargopiajeesh
  • CybertronCybertron 402 Points
    @mohammed_87hassan There are many Indians in India who have a very negative mindset against Indian football. 

I don't care what you say but Indian football fans have a dream: India playing in FIFA World Cup. Even Sachin Tendulkar, the god of Indian sport fans says that India has the potential to qualify for 2022 Qatar World Cup.
    7negi