Indian Football News Updates

Comments

• DXDX 4074 Points
    Let's not Atleast celebrate or curse a person after his death no matter what anyone opinion about the person is.
    deepak dedhasudheermylankalashindiaNagendraarchakmunna219777shibier
  • shibiershibier 2996 Points
    India vs Palastein on Oct 2nd @Mumbai !!!
    Carbon_14munna219777shakkeerKMindian_gooner
  • Carbon_14Carbon_14 Bengaluru 4771 Points
    Yeah... I am going with my friends  B)
    shibierBrainFallINDIAmunna219777shakkeerKM
  • Reality check coming. Hope we don't mess up.
    Deb_Ban
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29637 Points
    https://www.outlookindia.com/newsscroll/football-gave-me-another-life-defender-boris-singh/1140322

New Delhi [India], Sept 6 : For a defender whose stamina seems never-ending and whose agility often leaves opposition bewildered, Boris Singh often runs out of words when he describes his journey.

"I used to play football with a tennis ball when I was in school. It is what we had at that time and we had to make the most out of it," says Boris.

It is almost unfathomable to see a kid who started playing football with a tennis ball become an integral element of the Indian U-17 World Cup squad. Almost cinematic, some might say, but that is what Boris Singh's life has been.

"My father used to help my mother run a grocery shop, but after the grocery shop got shut, he started working on daily terms," he said.

"Football was something which gave me freedom. I could do what I wanted to do on the field and it felt amazing. It gave me another life," Boris added.

But like his role model Cristiano Ronaldo, Boris Singh's journey was not easy. "There were hard times", he recalls.

"My father wanted me to study and he was very strict when I was young and at the same time I wanted to play football."

"I used to play football with kids twice my age and I used to get battered almost every game. I was in a position where I did not know what was working for me in life, what was not."

"Should I study or should I play football?", a rhetorical question Boris asks himself and then after a second answers, "I stuck with football", with a wide smile.

Then good tidings came. "My father recognized my passion for football and after a while he started dropping me off to the football ground and picking me up after practice."

"Soon after I won my first trophy in football at a district level and thereafter it was as if my life had been chipped for football."

The nimble footed defender went on to represent India U-17s in the AFC U-16 Championship and has played a vital clog in defence, most recently in the Four-Nation Tournament in Mexico.

But it is not as if Boris Singh isn't tempted almost everyday to live life like a normal teenager. "There is temptations, a lot of temptations"

"There are times when I want to eat an ice cream or have a beverage, but I cannot because that will spoil my diet. It gets hard some days but then I would not want to change a thing"

"It all comes down to priorities. My priority is to make my nation proud in the FIFA U-17 World Cup and I am focused for it. I fight temptation with motivation and I am living a dream which I don't want to end", adds Boris.

Deb_Banmunna219777Carbon_14kartik91sanvedjadhav
    https://thefield.scroll.in/849703/who-next-after-gurpreet-these-indian-footballers-are-making-a-mark-at-international-clubs

It’s clear that the hole left by Gurpreet is going to be hard to fill. Deependra Negi is probably the only player who has the potential to do so. A lot of Indian youngsters pay their way into trials, as Shinde mentioned. These exposure trips have become a big business with agents and agencies littered across India which will readily make you train at a Barcelona or a Rangers for a fee. But those trips will be relegated to a line at the end of many CVs as players mostly come back. The challenge is to make it there purely on talent.

India doesn’t need players spending weeks to train in Europe. What it needs are scouts to notice youngsters. This is what makes the Under-17 World Cup so important. There could be more Negis in India who don’t get spotted. With scouts streaming into the country for the Fifa event, it gives Indian players a platform to show their talent so that European clubs can fulfill work permits by arguing that the talent they’re signing is exceptional. That is vital to fulfill a future in football across the seas and especially in Europe.

And the most important factor, as Shinde also mentioned, is “to stick around and not worry how big the club is. Just play – the standard of football is going to be higher abroad than in India on any day”.

deepak dedhaEastBengalPridegaffertapeashindiakartik91
  • They got his address in Iran ??
    Jamshed Nasiri, his friend who is now coaching in India, went to Iran a couple of months earlier and contacted him over the phone...found his address. He lives in Khorramshahr nowadays...almost 24 hours journey by train...an hour by plane...his house is located quite far from the airport
    http://eisamay.indiatimes.com/sports/football/when-jamsid-nasiri-meets-friend-majid-baskar/articleshow/58069772.cms
    munna219777
    * journey from Tehran to Khorramshahr