Indian Football News Updates

Comments

• thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India30179 Points
    In an interaction with XtraTime, Bajaj also told, “When I spoke to the I-League CEO Sunanda Dhar and told him if it continues, we will have no way but to shut down the club. In reply, his response was, if you shut down, it will be there on the newspapers for a couple of days and then people will forget.

https://xtratime.in/minerva-punjab-on-verge-to-shut-down-brings-strong-allegations-against-the-aiff/

In an interaction with XtraTime.in journalist Suman Chakravorty, The I-League CEO told, “Well, I never said such thing on a negative note. What I told him was, if he wants to shut down his club, he certainly can. People will discuss about it for a few days like it happened with clubs like JCT or Dempo SC and then will forget it. Shutting down the club is not the solution. Rather I asked him to find a feasible solution.”

The I-League CEO has also made a significant statement for Minerva, as he told XtraTime, “They are competing in the AFC Cup means they are representing Indian football in the international level. If there is a problem, The AIFF is ready to help them out. But they have to officially write a mail to the Federation for seeking help. We are not against Minerva. For us, all the clubs are equal.”

Sunando Dhar also clarified the issue by saying, “I don’t know how AIFF can stop them from playing there. This is an international tournament and not an AIFF one. They directly booked the venue at the Odisha Government. It’s an issue completely between the club and the Odisha Government. But as I said, if they want the help from us, we will try to help them as much as possible.”

https://xtratime.in/the-aiff-comes-up-with-a-transparent-explanation-sends-positive-message-to-minerva-punjab/

DEFENCE123goalkeeparmunna219777Deb_Bansouravindia
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India30179 Points
    Article 16.2 of the AFC Cup 2019's Competition Regulations states, "Each Participating Club must play their home Matches in the one and only Stadium approved by the AFC throughout the Competition," and sub-section 16.2.1 adds that a club can change its stadium during the competition only if it is "forced to do so because of circumstances beyond its control."

The AIFF's AGS and Head of Competitions, Anil Kamat, said the Federation has no role in choosing the venue.

"Minerva had first chosen to play in Delhi, then decided to play in Ahmedabad and finally fixed Bhubaneswar's Kalinga Stadium. All three venues were inspected and approved by the AFC. The Kalinga Stadium was not chosen by the AIFF, it was a direct deal between Minerva and the Odisha government," he said.

"It is up to the club to decide where to play. There is a provision that they can play at an alternate venue, provided it has been approved by the AFC. Minerva can write to the AFC and it's up to them to decide," said Kamat.

I-League CEO Sunando Dhar hoped Minerva Punjab would not shut down. "The AIFF would be more than ready to help and support one of our clubs (find a new venue). Ranjit and Minerva's contribution to Indian football has been massive, across age groups, and no one would want them to shut down," he said.

https://sportstar.thehindu.com/football/minerva-punjab-ranjit-bajaj-i-league/article26747276.ece#

munna219777Miki
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29700 Points
    Sunanda Dhar is on weed if he thinks dempo has shutdown, current dempo in GPL is good enough to thresh any franchise Sunanda Dhar puts forward.
    DEFENCE123ashindiaRonny[Deleted User]souravindiakarenesudhakar2050deepuCarbon_14
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 10065 Points
    So frustrating state of affairs.
    munna219777goalkeeparsouravindiadeepuCarbon_14
  • munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    edited April 2019
    The reason behind this sudden shut down is likely due to the fact that the Odisha FA decided to withdraw the permission for the club to play its home matches at the Kalinga Stadium of Bhubhaneshwar in the AFC Cup. The Odisha FA cited scheduled renovation works of the stadium as the reason behind the revoking of the permission.

From the Blog article above. I guess they have no other venue in India? All are booked or influenced by Reliance in saying no to them using the stadium ? Very sad if this allegation is true but it is hard to believe.

goalkeeparsouravindia
  • atuljgatuljg Trivandrum3983 Points
    No way Transtadia is also out of bounds. It's not an ISL venue.
  • transtadia cant host as it will have to host 2 matches which means 4 teams and their hotels and practise arrangement 

other venues can be done but their inspection will involve more cost and time

only possible option is delhi or Orrisa FA giving permission 
  • munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    AIFF wanted Delhi FA to host Santosh Trophy in JLN Stadium Delhi. So JLN Delhi is available.
    But if Minerva FC approach JLN Delhi for AFC Cup,it will be mysteriously closed for maintenance ha ha ha

Still I believe that there is something more to the story.
    Closure of the club and non availability of the stadium for AFC Cup cannot be a decision of one day.
    AIFF is normally not involved in any club booking venue for AFC Cup.

Minerva has already played two matches in AFC competitions this year.
    goalkeepar[Deleted User]Carbon_14
  • coolgagancoolgagan 1109 Points
    Kya ho rha hai bhai football ka iss desh mai? Koi visionary chaiye mujhe. I want more Parth Jindals. Parth Jindal is football equivalent of Elon Musk in India. He's passionate and smart. 
    He's my uncle's friend. The guy is a Harvard graduate for God's sake. I'm not saying that smart people are only found at Harvard. But, that most of the people who went to Harvard are smart. 
    [Deleted User]Ratulmunna219777Carbon_14