Indian Football News Updates

Comments

• goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29260 Points
    Same guy called India a shithole where he will never return 
    DEFENCE123haritrams24karansh
  • haritrams24haritrams24 kerala1990 Points
    For him India is "The basement of football and life" .I still have screenshot of that conversation.
    goalkeepar
  • karanshkaransh 542 Points
    Eelco Schattorie should keep his mouth shut and mind his own business when it comes to matters related to India. The guy knows zilch about Indian football. Its sad that all the credits that should have gone to Ogbeche last season were seized by this monster.
    goalkeeparharitrams24
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29647 Points

Education is important to make your presence felt

Interview of Nausha Moosa, assistant coach of Bengaluru FC and former footballer

https://www.deccanherald.com/education-important-to-make-your-presence-felt.html

• shibiershibier 2996 Points
    Noushad Moosa , still remember the one who played for Churchill brothers with Higuita hair style..
    haritrams24munna219777
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29260 Points
    U Mumbai to replace neroca in I league as direct entry team 
    DEFENCE123Carbon_14munna219777
  • DEFENCE123DEFENCE123 India657 Points
    There will be 2 new teams in ISL and 1 new team in I-League next season. AIFF to float tenders for the three new teams by the end of the month
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29647 Points

AIFF intervenes after Chennai City FC accuse FC Pune City of tapping up Nestor Gordillo

Indian Super League (ISL) side FC Pune City are embroiled in a tussle with I-League champions Chennai City, after being accused of signing midfielder Nestor Gordillo without the knowledge of the South Indian side.

The Spaniard, who played a vital role in Chennai City's I-League winning campaign last season, has a contract that runs till June 2020 with the Coimbatore-based side.

But the I-League champions have alleged that FC Pune City secured his signature for the upcoming season without their consent or knowledge. The Coimbatore-based side have approached the All India Football Federation (AIFF) regarding the same.

The Indian FA have now sent a letter to the ISL side and the player, seeking an explanation.

"We have him (Nestor Gordillo) under contract till June 2020.  When we came to know that other clubs were trying to sign him, we asked him and his agent whether they had signed any contract via written communication. They categorically denied the same," a top Chennai City official told Goal.

"We were happy that we could plan for the upcoming season with Gordillo but then things turned strange. Gordillo tried to get his contract cancelled with us which is when we came to know that Pune City have signed him without informing us. So, we have shared all the communication and proof with the AIFF and have asked them to intervene."

"We have done a lot of work in scouting and identifying a talent like Gordillo before bringing him to India. And now that he has played so well, to turn his head and lure him away is not right, " he further added.

The AIFF will now wait for the reply before deciding on the next course of action.

Pune City CEO Gaurav Modwel denied the accusations when Goal contacted him. "The AIFF enquired with us because Chennai City had raised a concern with them. I do not know of any evidence or anything regarding this. I don't know on what basis this accusation is being levelled. The AIFF has just asked us to present our views and asked us if it was true or not. We have declined the same and filed our reply. We have not signed Nestor Gordillo."

Based on the reply of the player and the evidences presented, the Players Status Committee of the AIFF will take a call on the same.

Nestor Gordillo had a brilliant season for Chennai City, scoring eight goals from midfield apart from providing numerous assists. It must be seen where he ends up in the middle of this tug of war.

https://www.goal.com/en-ie/news/fc-pune-city-chennai-city-i-league-isl-illegal-nestor/16rzciizvgh9e1ajb168bbt9so

munna219777