Indian Football News Updates

Comments

• EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9301 Points
    As I said, ISL is doing long term damage to Indian football due to its poor product planning and packaging. It's persisting with an unviable model. This will make investors wary of putting money in Indian football.
    goalkeeparsudheermylankaldebarghya89souravindiamohammed_87hassanThe real AGdeepumunna219777
  • jitug1979jitug1979 687 Points
    15 crore is simply stupid requirement.. What is FSDL doing for 15 crore for any particular side? How are they helping teams make up for this 15 cr
  • ashindiaashindia 9320 Points
    The format is flawed. Despite requests from coach, players, football bodies like FIFA and AFC they are still sticking with amateurish fixtures that run for 4 months with daily matches. With majority Indian players playing in ISL Indian NT will be thrashed black and blue against Qatar and Oman unless coach does something magical in his camp. 
    souravindiaDeb_Bangiridharanmunna219777
  • ChelseafanChelseafan Allahabad1655 Points
    Ideal way for any entiry to start a football club wiukd be to build tgeir own stadium, youth academy and focus on youth development. Once tgeir young players grow up then they start senior team matches. In the interim they can either sign free agents for first team or only participate in youth tournaments and build tgeir brand name first. I like tge example of Minerva for this. They have excellent youth system.
    giridharan
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 10059 Points
    The main obstacle for clubs building own stadium is the sky-high land price in urban areas. Land, if available, is at premium in every city. Then there is construction cost. No club would be able to corner that amount of money upfront given the recent downturn in economy and the low profile of the sport and mismanagement of the Fed. You cannot even sell naming rights easily in this trying times.

The market was also inflated. Oppo misread the market to pick up Indian cricket team sponsorship at a huge price and stepped aside. They got a replacement alright but the future is not that bright right now, even for cricket. Forget lesser sports like football. I foresee that ISL clubs will be in sticky wicket in the coming season as far as sponsorship is concerned. IL clubs would also suffer, but to a lesser extent as corporate presence is not that big in IL.
    goalkeepar
  • samsam 16512 Points

https://www.indiansuperleague.com/press-releases/hyderabad-fc-joins-the-hero-isl

As Hero Indian Super League (Hero ISL) enters the 6th season, the fans from the city of Hyderabad will have a club of their own to cheer for. Hyderabad, a city that boasts of a strong football culture, will soon see its own team making its debut in the upcoming Hero Indian Super League season.

Vijay Madduri and Varun Tripuraneni are the new owners of the Hyderabad ISL club, which will play as Hyderabad Football Club (Hyderabad FC).

Madduri is a Hyderabad resident and a successful IT Entrepreneur. In his last venture as the Founder & CEO of Incessant Technologies, his leadership was instrumental in building an organization, growing it successfully to a size of over 1000 employees and eventually ensuring a successful exit through an acquisition by NIIT Technologies.

He is focusing on investing in sports ventures & on social causes towards welfare and education of orphaned and rural children. He studied and lived in the US for over 15 years before returning to India. Vijay is excited about this new venture, commenting on this, “ I am thrilled and proud to be a co-owner of the club and I look forward to playing a significant role in developing football in the state, reviving its past glory. Sports has always been in my DNA and I am extremely happy to have a chance to contribute in this field”.

Meanwhile, Varun Tripuraneni moves his professional roles in the football industry to an entrepreneurial role as co-owner of the club. From team manager of Kerala Blasters in the inaugural season of the Hero Indian Super League to doing roles as Chief Operating Officer of Chennaiyin FC, a season in which the club won the Hero ISL title and lastly, heading Kerala Blasters FC as the Chief Executive Officer, the journey has been fascinating. Varun also served a term as the President of the Chennai Football Association.

Commenting on this latest development in his career, Varun says, “It is a proud moment for me, to be co-owner of Hyderabad FC. Hyderabad is a city with a great football culture. I look forward to working with key stakeholders and building a strong foundation for the club, which will eventually contribute to the society and do the city proud. Our immediate task is to prepare for the new season “.

The 6th season of the Hero ISL is slated to kick off on the 20th October in Kochi with Kerala Blasters FC hosting ATK.

ashindia
  • samsam 16512 Points
    So in this report no mention of FCPC. 
    Hyd comes in without any bidding as of now then officially. 
    Then they will announce FCPC closure. 
    Ban won't get transferred 
  • Carbon_14Carbon_14 Bengaluru 4771 Points
    Yeah why not paid 15 Crore ??
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10481 Points
    @ashindia how good is football scene in Hyderabad ?

Do you think an ISL club can tap into city's potential and get fans ?

Also I feel bad for Fateh, they have been trying to establish football in Hyderabad but they did not to make a bid for I-LEAGUE team and work their way through. This will be bad for their future.
    karenesudhakar2050thebeautifulgamegaffertapePassiEastBengalPridemunna219777