Indian Football News Updates

Comments

• deepudeepu Somaliya1621 Points
    @Naujawan ; lol , if isl has better players now then isl teams should not sign any player from i league from next season , they shouldnt hv signed any player from i league to begin with 🤷‍♂️, what u saying is a kiddish stuff just to support isl 
    goalkeeparashindia
  • giridharangiridharan Washington D.C3713 Points
    As per the latest roadmap. Arrows were shown to be participating in I-League second division. Are they going to be in I-league as well as I-league second division?
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29268 Points
    Arrows A (u19) will play I league 
    Arrow's B (u17) will play 2nd division
    giridharansamRonnythebeautifulgameashindiaatuljgCarbon_14souravindiaindian_goonerspartaand 3 others.
  • giridharangiridharan Washington D.C3713 Points
    That's atleast a welcome change. With 2 squads having a proper season atleast 6- 7 months
    Passi
  • NaujawanNaujawan 1609 Points
    edited November 2019
    @deepu how does that make any sense?  You are being ridiculous. Why do EPL teams sign players from Dutch  league?  There are good players available. I am talking about over all quality.  The discussion doesn't go anywhere. This is not a ISL vs Ileague discussion. It's about the over all pool of players available at disposal.  At it's current state ISL has more more number of players than I league who will make it into the team. You can only name 5-6 players who will get a national call up in the camp from I league 
    eldhose777goalkeepar[Deleted User]deepu
  • ChelseafanChelseafan Allahabad1655 Points
    @Naujawan ISL have more players at a brtter level because of the ridiculous amount of money spent by them. They have fucking sponsors plus a sponsor for the ISL as well. Its sheer money power. You give the same amount of money to I league clubs and then see  the difference. But despite having a huge financial gulf between them, the overall standards of i league teams are almost at the same level as isl teams. And that is because the difference in quality of indian players in both leagues is negligible. 
    goalkeeparRatulAdityaV
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9970 Points
    And ISL clubs splurge the money on mediocre foreigners, mostly. Overpay nondescript players.
    dev_pfcgoalkeeparPassi
  • samsam 16442 Points

Prestigious IFA Shield is back to its old format
    IFA has decided to held IFA Shield in May. From 2015-16 the tournament was a U19 tournament. But in this season it will be held again as a senior tournament like old days.
    haritrams24goalkeeparatuljgmunna219777Carbon_14indian_goonerthebeautifulgame
  • NaujawanNaujawan 1609 Points
    Foreign players don't make it to the national team. I am talking about current pool of national players.  Two three years back I league still had many major indian players, but due to finances and poaching most players have been bought. That's the reality. Now you can only add a handful of players who are national quality in I league. Sure you will find players who are good enough for international football in I league but at its current state ISL has more players in the pool. Now that doesn't mean all players in ISL are better than I league.  But if you had to pick the cream crop it would be 70% ISL and 30% I LEAGUE. 

sure fdsl and aiff had a hand to play in that but that's not changing the fact. There is no way you can make a team that's 50% I league players and 50% Isl.
    goalkeepar
  • munna219777munna219777 28514 Points
    Both IFA Shield and Durand Cup serve as ideal pre-season for various clubs.
    Clubs should field their senior teams and foreigners in them.
    Unnecessarily they have been marginalised by AIFF in last few years.
    indian_goonergoalkeeparDeb_BanPassikartik91