Indian Football News Updates

Comments

• dev_pfcdev_pfc Pune1937 Points
    2 in 2018,1 in 2019 and in both editions ISL champions were beaten by I-league team.
  • NaujawanNaujawan 1609 Points
    edited November 2019
    Not talking about beaten. How can you judge by one match ? The teams who reached finals or semis have majority been ISL teams.  First edition east eastbengal beat Goa and lost to bfc 4-1.
    Semis were balance 2 ISL and 2 I league teams. But both I league teams were Bagan and east Bengal. I don't think anyone doubts their quality. 

Second edition Chennai city beat bengaluru but lost to Goa in semis where 3 out of 4 teams were isl teams. Am I not right ?
    goalkeepardev_pfcPassi
  • ChelseafanChelseafan Allahabad1655 Points
    Just remember what Chennai FC did with the likes of BFC and others in Super Cup this year. Just remember that and then say ISL teams are better. And this year 7 of i league teams dint even participate in super cup. Just imagine had the likes of minerva participated and faced an ISL team!!
    goalkeepar
    edited November 2019
    Yeah we don't know. They could have beaten or got beaten. It's not like Minerva is a beast of a team. On a good day they can beat anyone but that doesn't mean they Barcelona or anything. Plus you are giving an example of I league champions. I mean they are bound to be solid.
    goalkeeparPassi
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29264 Points
    edited November 2019
    Don't forget only 2 I league teams played in 2019, @Naujawan you fail to understand that expect for Chhetri all Indian players are on same level, and about foreigners isl has little better foreigners compared to I league but most of them are Spanish from 3rd and 4th division of Spain, same quality players from Spain has now started to come to I league, and I league has/had some better quality foreigners etc Khalid Aucho who was best CDM in India last season no one except jahu came close to him from ISL, and Marcus Joseph if played in ISL will be running for one of top scorers, under estimating I league foreigners is also a big mistake as we have seen I league has moved on from signing random African to now mostly singing "top scorer's" and NT player's. For eg tetteh (top scorer in Sudan), Pedro manzi (top scorer in Spanish 4th division, same division as Xisco) ,Marcus (top scorer in T&T),etc etc
    [Deleted User]Deb_BanChelseafan
    edited November 2019
    Yeah I can agree with that. I have said the same thing many times in the past, the difference isn't a lot but there is overall quality. I don't think same level is the case, it's close but not same.

And if you agree that foreign players quality is better then why can't you agree overall quality is better if all Indians are the same?   Sure there will be teams in I league who might finish mid table in ISL but not all. That's the the only difference. Just like bottom ISL teams would struggle with I league champs.
    goalkeepar
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29264 Points
    edited November 2019
    @Naujawan then tell your Madam Nita to combine the league, we will see who reaches Top, why you and your Madam is scared to combine the league ? Keep your Assumptions to yourself Stats prove something else. 
    Deb_Ban
  • atuljgatuljg Trivandrum3983 Points
    Don't we have a special ISL vs I league thread? Guys, fight there and spare every other thread.
    munna219777NaujawanPassisouravindiamasefieldtheoilfieldkartik91
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9298 Points
    All age frauds should be banned for life, special CBI investigations must be launched against all NE players as its rampant there. 
    Naujawangoalkeepar