Indian Football News Updates

Comments

• EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9298 Points
    Any player who cant even get into the starting XI of any Indian club shouldnt be playing in any National Team. Manvir has scored 3 goals for his club in one and a quarter season, whats Balwant's number of goals in last 2 seasons? I wont even talk about Udanta, he is 28 and technically or tactically cannot improve. 
    NaujawangoalkeeparSiV
  • NaujawanNaujawan 1609 Points
    Even last years Ileague were teams that consisted of a drained league and it's a continuous process. Jobby scored many goals, went to the camp but didn't make it to the team. 

Let's take English football as an example. There are plenty of players in championship who will be more than competent in the premiere league. But bullying  in the championship doesn't mean they can bully in the premiership.

Now you would say that how come premiere league team lost to championship team. Now that's an arguement that's done and dusted.

If you hold last years performances as the criteria, than you need to also co Sider that  I league performancea were in a league that didn't contain main Indian natuonln team players.

Just like in cricket there are three groups in Ranji Trophy. 

There are plenty of players who make Ron's of runs in the plate group but never get called up for deodhar trophy. Thats because they need to prove themselves at a higher level.

Now you can argue that ISL and I league teams are same Calibre. But that's something thats debatable.

goalkeepardeepu
  • @Naujawan

Don't forcibly make me udanata fan?
    I dont need to , your comments on thread "India vs Bangladesh 15 October AFC FIFA World Cup Qualifier Second Round" say otherwise ( I am not even including age fraud part that you were discussing)

Why isn't Edwin Sydney starting for Chennai? this you say in first line

Sorry I haven't watched any Chennai games This is your next line
     :D  :D

Arjun Jayaraj has played 30 games in last two season and we are not talking about 10-15 min game time many of those are full 90min games, how many more seasons one need to prove? When we say take player  in nationa team, its not like we expect straightway final 11 start, it can be just for camp so that coach can keep eye on him.

Secondly Do you know how many matches Germenpreet played since I added him in comparison?
    I will tell you its 16 matches in 2 seasons plus 1 AFC cup start, 2 subs of 10 min each , once super cup sub of 11 min.

He hasn't even played this season.(
    Arjun ) , we were considering games before ISL started to prove no I league players have been taken in team , I added him in list.
    @thebeautifulgame comment : What about the matches against Oman, Qatar and Bangladesh? Neither the ISL and the I-League had started then. How many players, apart from Joby Justin (for the first two matches, I think) from the I-League made it to the camp? Surely the basis for choosing players was the performance in the last year's leagues then?

Don't you keep track of what was said before?

Please quote me lol . So you get to decide who I am a fan off. Don't be a delusional.

Umm. I checked his starts and it didn't show me any stats and hence asked why he hasn't started.

And germanpreet played in the not drained league so his performances were even considered. You can surely go back and say the leagues are of same standard even after 3 years but I don't think you would be right 
    [Deleted User]goalkeepardev_pfcdeepu
  • I league performancea were in a league that didn't contain main Indian natuonln team players.

Sydney, wayne vaz, soosairaj(one I league season at CCFC ), rakesh pradhan, radeem tlang (had full season in I league), Raynier Fernandes(full season at MB) .. These all were good in league without main NT players and doing well in ISL now... 

Stop making stereotype as I Leauge is bad or second division , besides that  we are not asking to take player from khep tournament.. 
  • I dont need to quote you if you keep making contradictory statements lol... 

I used to think Ritam dutta was good entertainer, but you are on whole new level

Anyway, I made my point, if you have any logical statements (apart from contradicting yourself and repeating" I league is drained league") I will be happy to hear
    Did you even read my previous comment. That's exactly what I said, there will be players in the I league who will be more than competent in the ISL but that doesn't change the fact that the standards reduces every year.  

Lol yeah when you can't prove it with a quote just say you don't have to. Classic.

Lol nobody is saying I league is good or bad but it's a fact that it's not the same standard as the year ISL started, over the years most good players continuously get poached to ISL that's a fact. Now surely there will be players in the I league who are really good but the proving ground standards need to be raised.

And how did I contradict myself ? Can you quote me or is it going to be the classic, I don't have to ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] 4984 Points
    edited November 2019
    lol I already proved three times in single comment with quotes that you contradict your statements and forget what was said earlier .... now you keep ignoring your own lines and what people are replying you for 
    Here's your line again "Please quote me lol . So you get to decide who I am a fan off" for that I said I dont need to quote you since you are openly defending Udanta for many things apart from Age fraud and later saying otherwise
    My bad I didnt explain this or quote you earlier

lets kill this and answer simple questions

1. What is the criteria to get selected in National team or what should be the criteria
    2. If its fact that the standards reduces every year ,Why ISL teams lose to I league teams(in both pre-season as well as super cup)
    3. How many I league games have you watched since last 2 years to mention that I league quality is deteriorated (now why I am asking this cos you dont even appear to watch ISL game properly) ?
    4. you said "If you hold last years performances as the criteria, than you need to also co Sider that  I league performancea were in a league that didn't contain main Indian natuonln team players." so why players that I mentioned above keep performing well with NT players presence? They are playing in less competent league so they should flunk in ISL? so that brings to Q1 again how player should be selected? like 15 games in two years of Germenpreet?lol
    5. In one statement (or rather many statement) you keep saying I league is drained league and their talent is drained
    If so then why ISL teams keep poaching their players, cos that players is not playing in highest standard of ISL as per you ?
    6. when you say I league is not as the same standard as the year ISL started, ok so is ISL having same standard that it had when it started? 
    7. you said " Now surely there will be players in the I league who are really good but the proving ground standards need to be raised." , define how you measure ground standard? 
    8.  how is it that in repeated tournaments we have seen I league teams have been equal or better of ISL team? 
    9. please name 10 players who came out of proper ISL team's youth set up and are getting good game times?
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29268 Points
    @Naujawan you comparing ISL and I league, to premier league and championship is the most funny thing I heard today, premier league and championship is miles apart, while the I league and ISL is not even meter's, yes I agree isl has better foreigners but when it comes to Indian players the level is almost same, a defender like Aiban Dohling is any day better then Sartak golui, in Premier league only the most extra ordinary English players can play as the level is much high then championship due to best players from the world play there. Thinking isl and I league is like EPL and championship is a joke.
    NaujawanRatulmasefieldtheoilfield
    @shanks_dehighliving how is being wrong with the number of matches a certain individual played contradicting myself ?  Do you even know what that means ?

Ofcourse I still believe he s better than most wingers that we have now. He has done well for the national team as well. That doesn't mean I am a fan please stop being a stubborm little mole.

1. Criteria should be coach should be happy with performances , he should gage if performances were at a desired level.

2. Why do teams lose ? It's a game what do you mean why they lose ? Do you honestly believe gokulam and atk are same standards?

3. It's a fact that I league standard has reduced, none of the regulars in the national team are in the I league, how does that not comprehend to lowering of standards ?

4. So you pick players who did well in I league and and put them in ISL and when they do well I am supposed to act surprised ? They are good players being poached to perform at a higher level. 

5. That's how football is, you poach players from leagues below. So many players come from Dutch and french leagues. Doesn't mean all players in those leagues are good.

6. Yes  foreigners are not the same when it started, we opt for cheaper players instead of oldies now. Which is a good thing. But yeah inclusion of BFC Sunil chettri and poaching of players have raised the standards compared to first year.

7. I measure it by playing in a league where Max number of national team players are playing.

8. So you take a preseason match and a 5 day tournament to assess if teams are of same quality ? Losing a tourney means nothing. Watch FA cup see how third division teams beat EPL teams.

9. ISL youth system is shit. I league is responsible for creating players. DoeanDo mean they have stronger  adult teams.
     Derby FC has very strong youth program doesn meant it reflects on the  adult team.

Don't make it a I league vs ISL debate.  I have been an I league fan forever.  But you can't shy away from the fact that the league is deteorating every year and it's being used as a scouting ground to poach players. And as a retirement house for rejects.
    goalkeepar