Indian Football News Updates

Comments

• Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9957 Points
    Whatever happened to the bid of U Mumba direct entry? AIFF nixed it, and now wishes for corporate entry. What is the policy?
    munna219777
  • atuljgatuljg Trivandrum3983 Points
    Why not promote more teams from second division. Atleast, those teams will be having a basic foundation.
    munna219777
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9957 Points
    How are corporate teams better than PSU teams? Marketing (self-) wise, both are equally worse off. Facilities wise, PSU are miles ahead.

IMO, PSU teams should be allowed in IL2 in place of reserve teams of ISL clubs, which are pathetic, to say the least (apart from hastily formed and listless).
    goalkeeparspartamunna219777
  • Corporate teams will include both PSU and Private...
  • samsam 16428 Points

The IFA has decided to bring back the prestigious tournament back to it’s former glory after it was made into an U19 tournament since 2015 due to unavailability of space in the AIFF football calendar. However, this season as the Indian Super Cup is not taking place, IFA has decided to bring back the tournament and expects it to start from 16th April.

Like it used to happen previously in IFA Shield, foreign teams were invited and two teams have given their nod of approval to the tournament committee. First one being Ryomyong FC of North Korea who were Runner’s up in the 2017 North Korean Premier League and the second team being Master 7 FC of Laos who became runner’s up in the 2019 Laos Premier League.

Two I-League teams, Gokulam Kerala FC and Punjab FC have also approached the IFA expressing their wish to participate in the tournament. However, there are rumours that Mohun Bagan might not participate in the tournament. There are speculations that the Green and Maroons will release all their players post the I-League and with the merger with ATK to be announced on 15th April (Bengali New Year), they might skip the tournament due to technical and legal issues.

East Bengal FC will however look forward to the tournament and try to get a trophy in the cabinet on the centenary season, which has been a one to forget for the fans. Another Kolkata club, Mohammedan Sporting will also participate in the tournament.

munna219777indian_gooner
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    Nice to see IFA Shield being revived. Durand Cup has restarted.
    Lets hope they restart Federation Cup too with I-League and 2nd Division clubs.
    indian_gooner
  • good. that will teach him to stay calm.
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29245 Points
    According TOI, Igor has decided not to select any I league players for NT to play vs Qatar as he thinks they are not good enough, instead he will give 1 last chance to I league players to prove themselves in April in I league XI vs NT match 
    SiVAbhishekmunna219777masefieldtheoilfield
  • samsam 16428 Points
    edited February 2020
    Igor is master of intra friendlies. 1st India A vs India B, now this. Later we'll see India red, blue, green all. I am not saying these matches are useless, but aiff people are incompetent as they can not find or do not want to find any nation for friendlies. Even Bhutan Nepal have stopped coming.
    munna219777