Indian Football News Updates

Comments

• goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29261 Points
    Waiting for 24th June, Hopefully we will get Banned by Fifa and we can play friendly with Russia without any problems
  • giridharangiridharan Washington D.C3656 Points
    edited July 2022
    True @goalkeepar but atleast now in 8 years most ISL coubs have switched hands than shut the club all together. So I'd say since they have the finances in order. It's better to enforce all I-League and ISL clubs to have some minimum financial and licensing criteria. Without it, it's difficult to progress. Getting a ban will be doomsday for our players and their families. I hate that isl took over as top league. But in the sense it's too late now to fix it. We should rather focus on improving the I-League clubs and have relegation and promotion when the agreement expires
  • souravindiasouravindia 3595 Points
    All stakeholders in Indian football see the cream and how to exploit. Its clear that there is no one side which actually thinks about football itself. At a time when none of this should have happened, and we were actually looking to nurture the excitement amongst Indians to an extent, we are at doomsday. Theres loopholes on both parties and unfortunately those who will be bearing the brunt are our young aspiring footballers. A ban at this juncture is really not advocated though that is what looks likely and unfortunately it could be a very long term one
    kartik91giridharanindian_gooner
  • It's all due to the money minded FSDL (Nita aunty and co). They now think the draft Constitution does not bode well for the development of football, as if they were always thinking of it. For the last 10 years they have done nothing except for the bloody 'Lets Football'. They may have brought money to football but this has increased the appetite for corruption among many stakeholders. That's why they are going to the court. We are in deep shit and it will be difficult to come of out it soon. 
    Just hope good senses prevail and we avoid a ban. 
    goalkeepardeepukartik91giridharanDeb_Banindian_gooner
  • G_KG_K Kerala5182 Points
    Leave FSDL, state FAs are bigger culprits here. The league system is least of their concern, the points they are contesting is mainly regarding tenure and holding dual position in state FA and AIFF. State FAs are opposing COA in court and will anyway delay the final constitution, even if FSDL hadn't interfered. Many these state FAs do not conduct even state leagues. They are contesting for designations.

FSDL has made Indian football all about ISL. Anything other than that was not given enough importance, even national team. If you look back, in last 5 years, only club football has developed (both ISL and I-League). National team level has almost remained the same (playing style has changed, results haven't).  Player development is still based on AIFF academy and Indian Arrows project. Most ISL clubs still do not have proper youth system and depend on I-League clubs, who does a good job in scouting from state leagues nowadays (RKFC, GKFC, Northeast clubs, for example).

FSDL is here for money because the market for football is big here even if it do not come close to cricket. They have much more power than a just marketing partner. I believe COA or Ranjit Bajaj is trying to keep that in check or make AIFF have better control over FSDL. The only point FSDL can disagree in the constitution in 'top league' because it was in MRA. Everything else in the constitution is none of their business.
    goalkeeparSanjeev Biswasdeepukartik91giridharanashindiaDeb_Bangaffertapeindian_gooner
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    edited July 2022

ISL Franchise owners are investing in other countries and in non football sport.

Will they allow TV broadcast of Indian football if it is clashing with 1) IPL 2) Their Foreign investment such as South africa T20 ?

Deb_Ban
    edited July 2022

Deadline of September 15 to hold eletions
    FSDL going to Supreme Court
    Central Government cutting the budget of AIFF
    ISL Franchise Holders investing in South Africa T20. 

Ominous signs

giridharanashindiaDeb_Banindian_goonerdeepuPassi
    edited July 2022
    Franchise laagues happen around the world and in multiple sports of india. IPL, Kabaddi, Wrestling, Hockey.

AIFF and ISL is a special  loony case where one private company controls Federation, Franchise League and all the Franchise also.

FIFA should crack the whip and guide AIFF out of this mess. Supreme Court should listen to FIFA and AFC observers otherwise there will be Ban.
    giridharandev_pfcindian_goonersouravindiadeepukartik91