Indian Football News Updates

Comments

• Dont we think 48 is too farse.. It will be reveresed once held. 

i don't think it will be reversed, because more teams means more money to FIFA and FIFA desperately wants Indian market. Actually I want it to increase to 64 teams. The first round should be a knockout of 32 lower seeded nations in an elimination round.

This way all those nations who dream of getting into WC gets fulfilled even they play and loose that game. Other strong teams fight for trophy as usual.

ashindiagoalkeepar
  • MaddieMaddie ಮೈಸೂರು(Mysuru) / Canada2975 Points
    Dont we think 48 is too farse.. It will be reveresed once held. 

i don't think it will be reversed, because more teams means more money to FIFA and FIFA desperately wants Indian market. Actually I want it to increase to 64 teams. The first round should be a knockout of 32 lower seeded nations in an elimination round.

This way all those nations who dream of getting into WC gets fulfilled even they play and loose that game. Other strong teams fight for trophy as usual.

dont take me wrong, nothing against you. 

This is 21st century BS. Play and loose the game(that's why qualifiers) btw indians dont give shit about losers they will brand Indian football players as failures. in reality, indian football is getting way more money/attention for the ranking/quality compared to other quality football nations. hope and prepare to play well and Fight hard and win in qualifiers then qualify for WC.  Just because of fullfill someone's dream/money whole concept of sporting will be diluted, in the long run it is not sustainable. 
    goalkeeparDeb_Ban
  • Play and loose the game(that's why qualifiers)

there is a big difference between the occasion. I mean for a WC event, you go to a host country which is under a lot of celebratory mood, fan parks, big screenings, tourism places, hotels, the journey, the infra adds  happy memories. So as officlally your country qualified for such an event and you witnesses it live. 

Play and loose the game(that's why qualifiers)

there is a big difference between the occasion. I mean for a WC event, you go to a host country which is under a lot of celebratory mood, fan parks, big screenings, tourism places, hotels, the journey, the infra adds  happy memories. So as officlally your country qualified for such an event and you witnesses it live. 

I dont wanna deny your optimism and festive vibes. Hopefully everyone deserves thier country to be represented in the WC. lets FIFA appreciate and make 200 team play in the WC. One big festival why leave out rest of countries. 
    indian_gooner
  • giridharangiridharan Washington D.C3629 Points

Bengaluru Incident Puts Spotlight on Indian Football’s Grassroots Challenges

https://www.thequint.com/sports/football/kolkata-football-academy-sonarpur-dynamic-academy-players-mistreated-by-bengaluru-club-football-aiff#read-more

very very few clubs are actually doing proper grassroots. sad to hear about such incidents.
  • Bengaluru Incident Puts Spotlight on Indian Football’s Grassroots Challenges

https://www.thequint.com/sports/football/kolkata-football-academy-sonarpur-dynamic-academy-players-mistreated-by-bengaluru-club-football-aiff#read-more

very very few clubs are actually doing proper grassroots. sad to hear about such incidents.
    it is such a pain to read such things happen.
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6489 Points
    As per AIFF president, we need to wait till 2025-26 season for VAR to be introduced in domestic events mainly ISL. 
  • souravindiasouravindia 3595 Points
    Nagendra said:
    As per AIFF president, we need to wait till 2025-26 season for VAR to be introduced in domestic events mainly ISL. 
    Everyone is telling about var, but I am not sure how it's gonna help. First of all it's very costly and which can be utilised in a lot more areas where its currently needed in india. Secondly it will assist the referres  but will it help improve their individual standards? Not sure, for me priority should be to constantly evolve in their standards through regular analysis and showing them what they are doing wrong. Once we are able to build up good referes  then we should go for var. Another important point which everyone is missing are camera angles in isl. The no of cameras used is very less compared to how it should be or when var will be used to decrease parallax, I am sure a lot of so called wring decisions will turn out to be correct if we get proper camera angles.
    Nagendraashindiasamgiridharan
    why VAR , cant they use DRS like Cricket.  it should be cheap with  replay
    goalkeepar
  • samsam 16430 Points
    Maddie said:
    why VAR , cant they use DRS like Cricket.  it should be cheap with  replay
    Because football is more dynamic in nature than cricket. stoppages will hamper that