Indian Football News Updates

Comments

• rudrarudra 2958 Points
    reddevil87 wrote:
    projenator wrote:
    <div>The good news is that IFA is planning to start Calcutta League by July end, August beginning coming season, that will help the clubs prime themselves up for the Federation cup in September through much needed match practice, which is very essential to get the team combination going.</div><div><br></div><a href="

<br><div><br></div><div>Isnt that too much football for MB, EB and Prayag?? Starting from Aug to May (9-10 months), which includes I-league, Calcutta League, Federation Cup, and AFC Cup.</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>as long as the same players are not played too many local league games, it seems ok</div>
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    usaindia wrote:
    <h3 style="margin-top: 7px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 7px; margin-left: 7px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; font-size: 1.3em; color: rgb(58, 87, 127); font-family: arial, helvetica, verdana, sans-serif; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ">Colaco: Never rely on an individual</h3><div><a href="http://www.espnstar.com/football/other-football/news/detail/item799417/Colaco:-Never-rely-on-an-individual/">http://www.espnstar.com/football/other-football/news/detail/item799417/Colaco:-Never-rely-on-an-individual/</a>;
    </div>

<br><div><br></div><div>espn nowadays also publishing AIFF media release!</div>
  • imsouravimsourav kolkata659 Points
    rudra wrote:
    reddevil87 wrote:
    projenator wrote:
    <div>The good news is that IFA is planning to start Calcutta League by July end, August beginning coming season, that will help the clubs prime themselves up for the Federation cup in September through much needed match practice, which is very essential to get the team combination going.</div><div><br></div><a href="

<br><div><br></div><div>Isnt that too much football for MB, EB and Prayag?? Starting from Aug to May (9-10 months), which includes I-league, Calcutta League, Federation Cup, and AFC Cup.</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>as long as the same players are not played too many local league games, it seems ok</div>
    I think there's a rule that no player of any club can play more than 40 games. So 2nd team has to play local league
  • reddevil87reddevil87 1858 Points
    No, I am not talking about of number of games played!!! I am talking about continuous play of team through out a period of 9-10 months!! They would be dead tired at the end of the season. Only 2 months recovery period for next season!!
  • archakarchak 2082 Points
    reddevil87 wrote:
    No, I am not talking about of number of games played!!! I am talking about continuous play of team through out a period of 9-10 months!! They would be dead tired at the end of the season. Only 2 months recovery period for next season!!

@reddevil87 take a look at epl calender
  • reddevil87reddevil87 1858 Points
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">I know the EPL calender but the fact the temperature is not so roaring like India. And on comparison to EPL, Indian footballers are not fit enough to play that long!! </font>
  • projenatorprojenator 26 Points
    edited May 2012
    reddevil87 wrote:
    <font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana">I know the EPL calender but the fact the temperature is not so roaring like India. And on comparison to EPL, Indian footballers are not fit enough to play that long!! </font>

<br><br>The playing conditions is a factor, more so when the game starts in the late afternoon heat and humidity in March/April. That being said, it does not excuse Indian footballer's lack of fitness.<br>Yep, Indian footballers seriously lack in fitness, again pointing to their lack of professional mindset. This has been widely discussed in Calcutta over the last few years given that salaries of very very technically average players is hitting the roof. Indian players don't do any fitness training on their own, during the break, they eat so much that their weight increases manifold, no wonder Steve Darby called Indian players ILLITERATE.  This is ground reality and you won't find this discussed publicly since everyone would rather not piss off the players given that there is zero supply line from a structured academy environment other than the odd TFA and more recently Pailan Arrows.  I might sound vain but I know much more about fitness and diet than some of the Indian players like masih, anwar etc. In fact, everyone internationally is so much more aware of fitness and nutrition than the average Indian and given that most Indian players come from middle to lower middle class backgrounds, their fitness and nutrition literacy is almost zero, on top of that they are very indisciplined, getting them to control their diet is like climbing Mt Everest.  In India, the culture is to blame the coach for everything until and unless you have a system like Dempo's where the coach decides player salaries. <br>
  • dip_anjdip_anj 137 Points
    A dutch coach might get nod of AIFF for senior national team and will be selected by Rob Baan.<br>
  • usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    <div><h1 style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 5px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; font-size: 2.5em; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ">Prized possessions</h1></div><a href="http://www.deccanchronicle.com/channels/sport/football/prized-possessions-772">http://www.deccanchronicle.com/channels/sport/football/prized-possessions-772</a>;
  • usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    projenator wrote:
    reddevil87 wrote:
    <font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana">I know the EPL calender but the fact the temperature is not so roaring like India. And on comparison to EPL, Indian footballers are not fit enough to play that long!! </font>

<br><br>The playing conditions is a factor, more so when the game starts in the late afternoon heat and humidity in March/April. That being said, it does not excuse Indian footballer's lack of fitness.<br>Yep, Indian footballers seriously lack in fitness, again pointing to their lack of professional mindset. This has been widely discussed in Calcutta over the last few years given that salaries of very very technically average players is hitting the roof. Indian players don't do any fitness training on their own, during the break, they eat so much that their weight increases manifold, no wonder Steve Darby called Indian players ILLITERATE.  This is ground reality and you won't find this discussed publicly since everyone would rather not piss off the players given that there is zero supply line from a structured academy environment other than the odd TFA and more recently Pailan Arrows.  I might sound vain but I know much more about fitness and diet than some of the Indian players like masih, anwar etc. In fact, everyone internationally is so much more aware of fitness and nutrition than the average Indian and given that most Indian players come from middle to lower middle class backgrounds, their fitness and nutrition literacy is almost zero, on top of that they are very indisciplined, getting them to control their diet is like climbing Mt Everest.  In India, the culture is to blame the coach for everything until and unless you have a system like Dempo's where the coach decides player salaries. <br>

<br><div>true that we lack offseason training and diet plans,players need to improve themselves and maintain.</div>