Indian Football News Updates

Comments

• reddevil87reddevil87 1858 Points
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">@rudra I believed in the point that you mentioned about Bengalis (around the are) going for the match... But as you mentioned it has to be properly marketed and has to be <b>evening match</b>, otherwise it will end up having empty ground. </font>
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    I want Derby in Mumbai!!!
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2" style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">
    projenator wrote:
    arsenalfan wrote:
    usaindia wrote:
    </font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><div class="navlft" style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); display: table; width: 1001px; font-family: Arial; text-align: -webkit-center; font-size: medium; "><div class="clrb" style="clear: both; "></div><div><div class="maintable12" style="padding-left: 10px; padding-right: 12px; width: 665px; float: left; "><div style="text-align: left; "><span class="arttle" style="font-family: Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif; font-size: 36px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; display: block; line-height: 30px; "><h1 style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; font-weight: normal; font-size: 28px; color: rgb(57, 57, 57); display: inline; ">Isaac Boakye in a fix as Chirag delay salary</h1></span></div></div></div></div></div><a href="http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/football/i-league/Isaac-Boakye-in-a-fix-as-Chirag-delay-salary/articleshow/13058190.cms"; style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/football/i-league/Isaac-Boakye-in-a-fix-as-Chirag-delay-salary/articleshow/13058190.cms</a><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2" style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">I smell a lawsuit coming Chirag's way. Now can we all see the evils of this company! I like the name Viva Kerala and I love the state and know that if it can be marketed right things will happen but Chirag fucked shit up and some people, even on here praise them for saving the club. They did not save the club. In fact payment is still left.</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">Also I know when I suggest we bring foreigners from the 4th Division of England people say I am crazy but if a player at Chirag can be payed $6,500 a month then a 4th Division in England would love to come to India. The salary in 4th division of England is $1,250 a week. That is $6,500 a month. They would love to go from that to India. Hmmm, this article may just have gotten my approval. :)</div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2" style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">I am just trying to discuss this with a holistic viewpoint without taking any sides. </div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">Since the aforementioned article and posts speak for the management and against the owners, i will play devil's advocate and write from the owner's viewpoint, whatever information I have.  From around mid season, Bengali dailies have been quoting the owners blaming the Kerala based management for the club's woes. Well, before one can jump into calling it a case of sour grapes, the way Chirag kerala started the season in the Fed cup was an eye sore to say the least, there was absolutely no combination whatsoever, as if the players did not even know each other, considering it was not an entirely new unit, most players have played for at least a couple seasons together for the erstwhile Viva Kerala. Give or take, the Kerala based club management started very slow and it took Pakeer Ali well beyond mid season to even get the team into any shape or form whatsoever. Even late into the season, the players did not seem a very committed lot the way they conceded four goals against East Bengal second leg game after Sunday gave them a early lead. </div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "> </div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">The owners have been pretty disgruntled by the lackadaisical approach of the Kerala based management and this payment stop measure is just a way to vent it, i suppose.  Chirag, the owners never had any such issues all three years they were with United Sports, so why all of a sudden now ?</font></div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Sorry not a good excuse. That is such a 20th century way of doing things... in fact ITS NOT EVEN THAT! I am sorry if you are purposely not paying your management because they are shit is bad for this level and also checks a lot of things in the AFC Champions League criteria. They never had a problem with United Sports because when they got promoted Chirag was able to use there already good players and it worked. Chirag Kerala needed time, relegation was inevitable. They rushed this one.</font></div>
  • projenatorprojenator 26 Points
    arsenalfan wrote:
    <font style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; " size="2" face="Arial, Verdana">
    projenator wrote:
    arsenalfan wrote:
    usaindia wrote:
    </font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><div class="navlft" style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); display: table; width: 1001px; font-family: Arial; text-align: -webkit-center; font-size: medium; "><div class="clrb" style="clear: both; "></div><div><div class="maintable12" style="padding-left: 10px; padding-right: 12px; width: 665px; float: left; "><div style="text-align: left; "><span class="arttle" style="font-family: Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif; font-size: 36px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; display: block; line-height: 30px; "><h1 style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; font-weight: normal; font-size: 28px; color: rgb(57, 57, 57); display: inline; ">Isaac Boakye in a fix as Chirag delay salary</h1></span></div></div></div></div></div><a href="http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/football/i-league/Isaac-Boakye-in-a-fix-as-Chirag-delay-salary/articleshow/13058190.cms"; style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/football/i-league/Isaac-Boakye-in-a-fix-as-Chirag-delay-salary/articleshow/13058190.cms</a><font style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; " size="2" face="Arial, Verdana">

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">I smell a lawsuit coming Chirag's way. Now can we all see the evils of this company! I like the name Viva Kerala and I love the state and know that if it can be marketed right things will happen but Chirag fucked shit up and some people, even on here praise them for saving the club. They did not save the club. In fact payment is still left.</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">Also I know when I suggest we bring foreigners from the 4th Division of England people say I am crazy but if a player at Chirag can be payed $6,500 a month then a 4th Division in England would love to come to India. The salary in 4th division of England is $1,250 a week. That is $6,500 a month. They would love to go from that to India. Hmmm, this article may just have gotten my approval. :)</div><font style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; " size="2" face="Arial, Verdana">

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">I am just trying to discuss this with a holistic viewpoint without taking any sides. </div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">Since the aforementioned article and posts speak for the management and against the owners, i will play devil's advocate and write from the owner's viewpoint, whatever information I have.  From around mid season, Bengali dailies have been quoting the owners blaming the Kerala based management for the club's woes. Well, before one can jump into calling it a case of sour grapes, the way Chirag kerala started the season in the Fed cup was an eye sore to say the least, there was absolutely no combination whatsoever, as if the players did not even know each other, considering it was not an entirely new unit, most players have played for at least a couple seasons together for the erstwhile Viva Kerala. Give or take, the Kerala based club management started very slow and it took Pakeer Ali well beyond mid season to even get the team into any shape or form whatsoever. Even late into the season, the players did not seem a very committed lot the way they conceded four goals against East Bengal second leg game after Sunday gave them a early lead. </div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "> </div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana">The owners have been pretty disgruntled by the lackadaisical approach of the Kerala based management and this payment stop measure is just a way to vent it, i suppose.  Chirag, the owners never had any such issues all three years they were with United Sports, so why all of a sudden now ?</font></div><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana">

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana">Sorry not a good excuse. That is such a 20th century way of doing things... in fact ITS NOT EVEN THAT! I am sorry if you are purposely not paying your management because they are shit is bad for this level and also checks a lot of things in the AFC Champions League criteria. They never had a problem with United Sports because when they got promoted Chirag was able to use there already good players and it worked. Chirag Kerala needed time, relegation was inevitable. They rushed this one.</font></div>

<br><br>I don't think there will should be any excuse for not paying players, you gotta pay them since they showed up on the pitch to play for your team. I was just trying to highlight that the lackadaisical management issues and the disappointment therein.<br>
  • Yeah they r tryn 2 covr othr cities n states 2 grab da new talentd players
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    yes they players have to be paid, irrespective of how they played as long as there's no such clause in contract
  • usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    <h3 class="post-title entry-title" itemprop="name" style="margin-top: 13px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 13px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; color: rgb(146, 186, 71); font-size: 18px; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, 'Trebuchet MS', sans-serif; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(247, 240, 233); "><a href="http://gardencitysoccerstars.blogspot.com/2012/05/chandrashekar-appointed-new-manager-of.html"; style="color: rgb(146, 186, 71); text-decoration: none; ">Chandrashekar appointed new manager of HAL football team</a></h3><div><a href="http://gardencitysoccerstars.blogspot.com/">http://gardencitysoccerstars.blogspot.com/</a>;
    </div>
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    somesh wrote:
    I want Derby in Mumbai!!!

<br><div><br></div><div>Common we got our own maharshtra derby which could find places in heart of fans by the end of decades...</div><div>It is time for other non i-league cities to get some action</div>
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    <h2 style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 20px; color: rgb(23, 50, 99); text-align: left; font-size: 14px; background-image: url(http://the-aiff.com//images/arrow-blue2.gif); background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: initial; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; background-position: 0% 0%; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat; ">State of the Art Centre of Excellence in the making</h2><div><br></div><div><strong style="color: rgb(50, 50, 50); font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; ">NEW DELHI:</strong><span style="color: rgb(50, 50, 50); font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; "> A State of the Art National Centre of Excellence in Indian football doesn’t stay a distant dream anymore. On Wednesday (May 9) evening, Mr. Kushal Das, General Secretary of All India Football Federation (AIFF) informed the “Government of Goa is to partner AIFF to create a Centre of Excellence for National Teams across all age groups.”</span><br style="color: rgb(50, 50, 50); font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; "><br style="color: rgb(50, 50, 50); font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; "><span style="color: rgb(50, 50, 50); font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; ">Mr. Ramesh Tawadkar, Minister for Sports, Goa; Dr. Rufino Monterio, Chairman, Goa State Football Development Council and Mr. Elvis Gomes, Executive Director, Sports Authority of Goa were also present as Mr. Das spoke at a Media Interaction at AIFF Headquarters ‘Football House’ in New Delhi.</span><br style="color: rgb(50, 50, 50); font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; "><br style="color: rgb(50, 50, 50); font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; "><span style="color: rgb(50, 50, 50); font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; ">“The Government of Goa has already declared football as its State Sport,” Mr. Tawadkar stated. “We intend to create better facilities for the sport. Let the other states also follow suit,” he added.</span><br style="color: rgb(50, 50, 50); font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; "><br style="color: rgb(50, 50, 50); font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; "><span style="color: rgb(50, 50, 50); font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; ">Under the partnership, the Government of Goa is to provide the land for setting up of a Centre of Excellence in Goa. “The intention stays to model the centre of Excellence on the lines of that we have in developed footballing countries,” Mr. Das maintained.</span><br style="color: rgb(50, 50, 50); font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; "><br style="color: rgb(50, 50, 50); font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; "><span style="color: rgb(50, 50, 50); font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; ">“The Football Development Council aims to stress on the Youth Development Programme,” stated Dr. Monterio, who’s a Cardiac Surgeon by profession. “The YDP has to be specific and we need to cater to youth from the U-10 level. It’s also a big challenge to develop all weather grounds in Goa,” he maintained. “It’s imperative to have quality coaching staff and medical facilities on all grounds.”</span><br style="color: rgb(50, 50, 50); font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; "><br style="color: rgb(50, 50, 50); font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; "><span style="color: rgb(50, 50, 50); font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; ">“The Welfare of Retired Footballers also stay on the agenda,” he quipped.</span><br style="color: rgb(50, 50, 50); font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; "><br style="color: rgb(50, 50, 50); font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; "><span style="color: rgb(50, 50, 50); font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; ">Mr. Gomes lauded Dr. Monterio’s involvement and passion for the development of the sport. “The Government has told us that funds won’t stay a constraint for the project. A fund of Rs. 5 crore has already been allocated,” Mr. Gomes commented.</span>
    </div><div><span style="color: rgb(50, 50, 50); font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; "><br></span></div><div><span style="color: rgb(50, 50, 50); font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; ">Source :- AIFF</span></div>
  • archakarchak 2082 Points
    Ashlesh wrote:
    this was on the card after forming two football bodies in Goa GFA and youth development program <br>even the coaches will provided to school teams and all weather ground 

@ashlesh can you tell me whats the status of the ambitious plan of trainning 500 coaches by gfa ???