Indian Football News Updates

Comments

• samsam 16428 Points
    All India Football Federation has requested State Associations to send their nominations for 2nd Division League's 2016/17 Season. The last date of submission is 7th July.

Clubs interested to ply their trade in 2nd Division League will have to submit the necessary documents to their respective State Associations, who will then nominate the clubs for 2nd Division League.

The format pf the League is not announced yet but is expected to follow the previous year's which had 10 teams divided into 2 Conferences: East and West followed by National Round which included top 3 teams from each conference.

Dempo Sports Club was crowned Champions and won promotion to 2016/17 I-League, after they finished top of the League Table with 23 points in 10 games which included 7 wins and 2 draws.

This year's 2nd Division League will be interesting as if AIFF/FSDL's proposal of restructuring the League System is implemented, the Champions of 2nd Division will get promoted to the new 2nd Division, League One.
    red_devilnamewtheldEastBengalPridemunna219777
  • Carbon_14Carbon_14 Bengaluru 4771 Points
    Why there were no such articles when FC Goa was fined or when Romeo and Mandar was serving a ban?
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9958 Points
    This is a real WTF moment in Indian football. Srinivas Dempo will convince Salgaocar and SCG to stay back, then himself quit I-league, and sit with his own club officials to convince them to stay back!!

How more ridiculous can it get!
    munna219777goalkeeparAKBreddevil87Domnicashindia
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    Mr Dempo is reliving the character of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde in Indian Football context. He has to follow different shades of split personality. Morning AIFF, afternoon I-League club owner, evening ISL team owner.
    Deb_BanAKBMaddiered_devilBrainFallINDIADXashindia
  • AKBAKB Kolkata3039 Points
    Typical of Indian Football Officials. PP says I-League is the No. 1 League in India.....then plans everything to destroy it. 
    munna219777Deb_Ban
  • deepakcdeepakc Mumbai 3416 Points
    He is a businessman & amongst the few genuine football lovers left....the tragic domestic structure means he has to keep his options open...how is he to blame if Aiff wants to make an untested pvt tournament the nations top league excluding almost all other current top league clubs and ensuring no promotion/relegation..meaning sporting pedgree counts for exactly nothing....
    munna219777Domnic
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Untested? It has been tested for two years now.
    deepakcgoalkeeparmunna219777Domnicred_devilDXatuljgkartik91
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9958 Points
    @deepakc, I don't buy your argument here. Srinivas Dempo IS acting as a hypocrite. He is alright to keep his options open, but he cannot hop between his options and preach the opposites in different forums. What is he up to?
    1. As soon as Salgaocar and SCG decide to quit, he hays, 'I am with you. We will also fold.' I hope he was serious when he said that.
    2. After this, he doesn't have any moral right to persuade Sal and SCG to stay back (unless he gets a serious mouthful from Nita Aunty as co-owner of FCG)
    3. If he wants to show his love of football he should have chosen either one of the entities. This is a prime example of playing dirty.
    He is a bloody sycophant, the types who have filled Indian football lately. I am aghast as I had much respect for him.
    reddevil87namewtheldAKB