Indian Football News Updates

Comments

• samiamsamiam 1614 Points
    Our services team trains in Vatican ? @ArsenalFan700 ;
  • samsam 16458 Points
    Are you sure? Reports are even mentioning dates for Bhutan match. I guess it is Bhutan 1 SL 1 and P Rico 1
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    SG is just another better Chennai in terms of Tamil Diaspora.

The difference is Local born tamils consider themselves Singaporeans with an affinity towards Tamil Nadu and its culture. Not much towards India.
    munna219777
  • Carbon_14Carbon_14 Bengaluru 4771 Points
    Based on performance against Srilanka , they will select team for qualification. Which ensure that will lose most of the matches there too
    deepakc
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9301 Points
    Screw everything, is Lord fit? I mean though FCGoa has signed him, I am hoping against hope that he is fit.
  • samsam 16458 Points
    Arunava questions:

Are former captains correct in filing a PIL in Supreme Court alleging AIFF neglect of football in India!

http://www.arunfoot.com/former-captains-correct-filing-pil-supreme-court-alleging-aiff-neglect-football-india/

So, nobody can/should say anything even if everything goes horribly wrong ??
    munna219777namewthelddeepakc
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    They can say what they want but there is no doubt that these two captains, despite what they have done on the field, did not think at all before going through with this and Arunava is very right in what he says in his article, esspecially now that we could be in trouble with FIFA.

I still question the claims made by Bhaskar Ganguly and Manoranjan Bhattacharya. Again, the decision of these clubs dropping out is not from the AIFF but from the clubs themselves, and the competitions, no matter how historic, sometimes have to go. If a country like England for example followed the same system we have in India of complaining whenever a competition is stopped then we would still see Arsenal playing in the London County competitions and stuff. Sometimes a change in the footballing landscape is needed! And Durand Cup is happening next month!!!

And again, this not having interests in the player or clubs can be countered by the recent proposal, no matter how what people think of it. It does encompass Indian football as a whole!
    deepakcmunna219777Domnic
  • munna219777munna219777 28514 Points
    edited July 2016
    Arunava is right. It is plain stupid and waste of time to have such a PIL.

His Reply in the article:

"I would say no, then something which I still have not understood with India is that normally the legislations of sports around the world stand above the law of a certain country, meaning any sport is organised through a national federation which is attached to a continental and international body, whose laws are more important than courts in that respective country.

And if there are any issues, then it goes to the Court of Arbitration in Sports (CAS) in Lausanne, Switzerland like to take a current examples, the Russian athletes wanting to have their doping ban removed to compete at the 2016 Rio Olympics.

Through such a PIL case, if the Supreme Court of India decides against the AIFF and in favour of the two former India captains, then it could mean unwanted involvement by the courts and potential suspension by FIFA and the AFC.

Have Bhaskar Ganguly and Manoranjan Bhattacharya considered this before filing their PIL???"

Even Lodha Committee recommendations on BCCI were borderline rubbish. They were tolerated only because Cricket is not any olympic sport.
     They should approach FIFA / AFC for their redressal. AIFF is not the problem. The absolute control of a private businessman entity IMG-R over AIFF is the problem.

ArsenalFan700namewtheldgopiajeeshdeepakc
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    But even then, it is a problem but is it something that can be taken to FIFA and the AFC? IMG-Reliance are just the media partners and while they technically run the ISL, they run it through a different organization which is allowed as long as the AIFF sanctions it.
    munna219777