Indian Football News Updates

Comments

• indianFootballFanindianFootballFan India4496 Points
    Teams in I-League 2
    Group A: Delhi United FC, Sudeva Moonlight FC, Lonestar Kashmir FC, Real Kashmir FC
    Group B: Mohammedan SC, Southern Samity, Hindustan FC, Neroca FC
    Group C: Ozone FC, Fateh Hyderabad AFC, Pride Sports FC, Kenkre FC
    deepakc
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29261 Points
    AIFF's anti goa stand continues they denied FC bardez in 2nd division.
    deepakcsilicon3
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9966 Points
    Question: Does any of the above clubs look to be ready for promotion to div 1?
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Ozone, Mohammedan, and Neroca I reckon
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10448 Points
    edited December 2016
    He is in the squad but has he ever played there
    Atleast for there reserves??
    @Ratul
  • RatulRatul Howrah1323 Points
    Don't think so. probably will play from 2017.
    mohammed_87hassan
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29650 Points
    http://xtratime.in/football/atletico-defender-arnab-mondal-stresses-on-team-unity-and-spirit-for-being-champion/

Atletico de Kolkata more popular than any other teams in city: Sanjeev Goenka

ISL champions get rousing reception at airport

collage
    Hero of the tie-breaker in the ISL final Debjit Majumder and Jewel Raja arrived in Kolkata on Monday. Image Source: Xtra Time

Kolkata: Atletico de Kolkata co-owner Sanjiv Goenka sparked a controversy with his comments on Monday. Mr Goenka in a felicitation ceremony arranged for the victorious Atletico footballers in a shopping mall said that his Indian Super League (ISL) franchise is more popular than any other team in the city.
    The India RojiBlancos won the title for the second time in three years beating Kerala Blasters on penalties in Kochi on Sunday.
    “Have you ever seen such frenzy? ATK is probably much more popular than any other team in Kolkata, Goenka told reporters at a city shopping mall where the side brought the trophy.
    “Every city has one team then why should Kolkata have two teams?,” questioned Goenka who has always publicly opposed the proposed merger of the ISL and I-League.
    Asked whether he has any fear if the more traditional outfits East Bengal and Mohun Bagan come in the fray, Goenka showed a video of the fans celebrating in Kochi last night.
    “I don’t have any fear. What will happen if two teams from Kolkata get to the final or one team makes it? Today Kolkata has won. The feeling won’t be the same.”
    Goenka also has stakes in Indian Premier League franchise Rising Pune Supergiants. Asked about his preference, he said, “ISL has given us more success. IPL is more popular.”

The champion footballers of Atletico de Kolkata arrived in Kolkata amidst rousing reception at the airport. Hundreds of fans were waiting at the airport to take a glimpse of the victorious footballers. The fans were with their banners, flags and posters. A huge poster welcoming the champions were on display at the airport.

The Atletico de Kolkata footballers arrived from Mumbai in a Jet Airways flight 9W0623. The flight was delayed for 20 minutes. Marquee footballer Helder Postiga, Sameehg Doutie, Sereno and Nato left for home last night. But the other footballers accompanied by coach Jose Molina arrived in Kolkata on Monday evening.

Pritam Kotal was the first Atletico footballer to come out of the airport along with Abinash Ruidas and Prabir Das. Following them was Kingshuk Chakraborty and Pearso. Atletico coach Jose Molina spotted a bright smile as he came out of the airport. He was seen presented a bouquet and a huge card by one of the female fans of Kolkata. Canadian Iain Hume, who missed his shot in the tie-breakers, was spotted with an earphone. Hero of the tie-breaker Debjit Majumder received the loudest cheers from the fans. Javi Lara was seen capturing the fans celebration at the airport.

Can't tolerate the cheek of this guy! Just because hundreds of fans welcomed the ATK players at the airport he thinks it is more popular than East Bengal or Mohun Bagan? Does he know that among these ardent ATK fans many of them are EB/MB fans too? Did he see the outpouring of fans when MB won the I-League the last time around or when EB won the NFL and the ASEAN CUP? Does he seriously follow Kolkata football? Like the Kushal Dases and Sunando Dhars, he needs to get a reality check.

• Carbon_14Carbon_14 Bengaluru 4771 Points
    Is that goenka guy very close to reliance?
    Deb_Ban
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29261 Points
    AIFF deliberately killed I-League, says Sporting Clube de Goa president Peter Vaz PANAJI: The pull-out of three Goan clubs, including Sporting Clube de Goa , has taken the sheen out of I- League, India's premier football competition. The absence of Goan clubs who are protesting against the proposed restructuring of domestic football will hit the competition hard but Sporting Clube president Peter Vaz explains why, with the men governing it, the league never had a future. Excerpts from an exclusive interview with TOI... Did Sporting Clube jump the gun by withdrawing since the All India Football Federation has not made any official announcement about the restructuring of domestic football? We have seen in the past how AIFF tables proposals, invites suggestions and in the end the same proposal becomes a reality, even if there are protests. We had provided AIFF with three proposals for continuing in the I-League: No forced relegation of I-League to a second- tier league; no bidding and no franchise fees for existing I-League clubs, and all governance issues should rest exclusively with AIFF. We have not jumped the gun. The AIFF haven't even responded to our letters, and probably delayed an announcement only because Fifa president Gianni Infantino was coming to Goa. Nobody has any doubt that they will push through with the proposal. The AIFF says I-League is dying and there is need for a revamp of the domestic structure. The plan is now to have a three-tier league with claims that clubs will eventually be able to sustain themselves, even if they are playing in the second tier. Your comments. That is what the AIFF thinks. You have to first ask them who killed the I-League? Why did they deliberately kill the league? This merger proposal has not come overnight. It's been in the pipeline for the last couple of years. When we asked AIFF about the two leagues, (AIFF president) Praful Patel said I-League remains the top league while ISL is only a tournament. Now, Patel is singing a different tune. Who killed the I-League, and why? It is clear that the ISL could have only prospered by killing the league. The AIFF were supposed to register a separate entity (to run the league) as per the licensing criteria, which they didn't. They didn't allow the clubs to run the league as well. If the marketing and organisational responsibility was with AIFF, how can clubs be blamed The AIFF couldn't even listen to our demand for a strong second division (I-League) which would have helped clubs who feel lost once relegated. The AIFF had a five-month Second Division (I-League) last season involving several teams... Did they promote the league? Look at what is happening with this season's I-League. The league will commence on January 7 and a month prior to kick-off, AIFF is still inviting bids for new teams! Teams have been now confirmed but newcomers are running around for players. They are assembling players only to make up numbers. (Even) For Durand Cup, or our own Inter- Village tournaments (in Goa), teams are confirmed much earlier. They even retained Aizawl FC, who were relegated last season, in contravention to existing competition rules. The priority is clearly ISL. Is there a possibility of all three Goan club owners joining hands to form one franchise and possibly play in the ISL from next season? The ISL is a wrong concept. It's an innovative disruption that has only helped AIFF hide its own failures. In fact, AIFF were forcing us to join hands and play in the ISL but we are fundamentally opposed to the concept of ISL. Our aim is to promote real football talent and that cannot happen with ISL. All that we see in the ISL is ageing players coming here for three months and laughing their way to the bank. Are we here to promote 14 foreign players? But, so far, the ISL seems to be attracting good crowd. At least in Goa, you have seen how FC Goa became a rage and enjoys wide support... The ISL has artificial support and in three to four years, this bubble will surely burst. You can take it from me that in the next three to four years, the ISL's fate will be worse than I-League, particularly with an extended league. This season, if you noticed, attendances have dropped, TRP figures are not encouraging and stadiums have not filled even when gates were thrown open and discounted tickets were offered. I agree the ISL has entertainment value, but when it comes to football, it has left a lot to be desired. What next for Sporting Clube? For us, simply figuring in the I-League is not the standard. Our commitment to the game is much more. We will maintain a strong first team and carry on with our grassroot and youth development programs. In fact, this is the right time to consolidate. We will try to allocate resources to football infrastructure and player development. How much will the pull-out of three top Goan teams from I-League affect Goan football? According to AIFF, there won't be any impact! You can tell that from how they have responded. As Kushal (Das) and Sunando (Dhar) said, new clubs will add spice and we didn't really have any support. There has been no reaction as well (from players and fans). May be the AIFF is right. Leaving aside what the AIFF feels, what's your personal opinion? Goan football will sustain itself but there won't be a platform for players to make the next grade. There is a lot of talent in Goa, but if the AIFF is not interested, what can you do? Have you lost all hope? As long as Praful Patel is president, Indian football has no future.
    silicon3