Indian Football News Updates

Comments

• Carbon_14Carbon_14 Bengaluru 4771 Points
    @thebeautifulgame: he's talking good about ileage because it's last season .. 

Everyone talks good about dieing person
    dreamer
  • dreamerdreamer india579 Points
    This yr also he 's taking good the I league contribution to indian football.
    But Mr Kushal Das dont know why they scrap the i leauge?

Mr Sunanda Dhar also talking some good about Ileague.
    I hope he try to save his job.otherwise he called a CEO of 2nd div league. :D :D
    goalkeeparCarbon_14Deb_Ban
  • PrakashKPrakashK ahmedabad388 Points
    32 teams for Reliance Foundation national-level jrs football

Mumbai, Dec 28 (PTI) Thirty two champion teams from the eight city legs of the Reliance Foundation Youth Sports School and College football competition are set to vie for the top honours in the national-level championship to be held here from December 30 to January 7.

Teams which were victorious in their respective city leg categories of junior boys, senior boys, senior girls and college boys from Mumbai, Delhi, Guwahati, Kochi, Goa, Chennai, Pune and Kolkata would play in the tournament in which matches are to be held at the Cooperage ground in South Mumbai and Father Agnel School Ground in Vashi, said a media release today.

The inaugural edition of the championship carries a total prize money of Rs 16 lakhs, with an additional individual scholarship awards worth Rs 2 lakhs for the twenty best players.

The league stage of the championship would be played over the first five days in both venues leading to the semis and final matches from January 4 at the Cooperage ground.

All matches would be officiated by the All India Football Federation-appointed Match Commissioners and Referees, the release said.

Launched this July in partnership with All India Football Federation and all eight Indian Super League clubs, the inaugural edition of the competition witnessed over 2500 teams from 1800 institutes in eight cities competing under the 4 categories.

Reliance Foundation Youth Sports has an elite six-member Advisory Board comprising Chairperson Nita Ambani, sports icons Sachin Tendulkar, Leander Paes and Saina Nehwal, along with Prof. Dipak Jain and Ranbir Kapoor, the release added. PTI SSR NRB

Nita aunty is doing some very good things too.

Carbon_14
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9964 Points
    What I read into Das' interview is:

" ... As of now, I-League is the tournament where the champions go on to play in the AFC Cup and the AFC Champions League. So currently, I-League is the premier league ..." : This year. I-league is the premier league. but next year onwards, because of eyeballs, our balls, and other blablablas, we will give a nice kick to its butt, and make ISL the premier league. Get a pat from AFC, and some pinkies in our bank accounts as well.

Bastard should spell out why only three clubs from the so-called premier league of this year will feature in next year's premier league.

Carbon_14PrakashK
  • indianFootballFanindianFootballFan India4496 Points
    So, Nita Aunty has her eyes on Subroto Cuptoo. I-League khaa ke pet nahi bhara?
    Deb_Ban
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    The above graph of FIFA rankings is not the correct picture of where we stand in the world of Football. Footballing world has changed a lot since 1990s.
    1) FIFA ranking system changed in 1993 to 1998 period and then again in 2006.
    2) More countries play Football now. There were political events like breakup of USSR, Yugoslavia.
    Soviet Union broke up 15 new countries. All those countries, as new members of FIFA, had to start from scratch as far as rankings are concerned and then moved up to their rightful places. It took them 10-15 years to establish themselves. Same way Yugoslavia broke into 6 new FIFA member countries.
    3) 121 rank in 1995 is poor as compared to 135 in 2016 but it will change fast as we are not playing enough International fixtures regularly.
    Carbon_14goalkeepar
  • indianFootballFanindianFootballFan India4496 Points
    Instead of Posting the news on their page, they post a photo from some random guy to announce their Head Coach. Amazing!!!