India vs Palestine International Football Friendly, 6th February 2013

Comments

• Shah476Shah476 240 Points

ofcourse there is... even between other jewish teams such as beitar.. but thats not to say they shouldnt exist or they are on wrong basis... atletic bilbao and barca are perfect examples of identity based on region and ethnicity... pretty successful too..

• JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points
    edited February 2013

If a box is locked and u don't have the key,then there is nothing u can do except just pounding it hard and harder. Stil it won't open.

also Palestino FC in Chilean Primera division... 

• > Shah476 said:
    > ofcourse there is... even between other jewish teams such as beitar.. but thats not to say they shouldnt exist or they are on wrong basis... atletic bilbao and barca are perfect examples of identity based on region and ethnicity... pretty successful too..

Okay, we are getting off topic here. Barcelona and Athelitic Bilbao are fine. I dont care if a team only signs players from there region. And I dont care about the name. Football Club Barcelona and Athletic Bilbao, they are named after their city and region and they happen to really focus on their region for players. Same with Chivas Guardlajara in Mexico who dont have foreigners.

The problem here is Mohammedan. A club founded for Muslims. Now, I have no problem with muslims but I do have a problem with clubs made for a specific religion. And I also have a problem with company named clubs (unless it is done the way Korea does it... Suwon Samsung Bluewings, and  Jeonbuk Hyundai Motors manage to relate their team to their city/region while also promoting the company.)

That is why over the summer when Dempo were talking about changing the name I would have been fine with "Panjim Dempo SC". Of course the name needs to make sense. "Mumbai Dodsals FC" would be disgusting. But religion should be avoided. Especially with the hostility of relgion in India. Plus who are you marketing to. "Come all Muslims! We are the great club!" Same with a company... "Come all Tata users! Come support the company that provides you TV".

The city name would give a sense of identity to a club and its supporters and that is esspecially true in modern football for developing countries like India, Australia, South Korea, Japan, and the United States. Look at the HIL and its clubs. Of course the main success if not because of club names but I bet the fans feel a sort of connection with their team. "We are Mumbai!" "We are Delhi!'

That is what I am getting at here. Plus Kolkata already has 4 teams.

Btw kolkata has 3 teams.

• shankarshankar 2600 Points

> Joyptan said:
    > Btw kolkata has 3 teams.

pailan arrows/ prayag whom have not considered here??

shankar
    > Joyptan said:

> Btw kolkata has 3 teams.

pailan arrows/ prayag whom have not considered here??

Obviously arrows!

gonna follow pkn vs maldives games.. back in a bit :p

thought kolkata has truly 3 teams.. Mohammadan, MB, and EB :)
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    edited February 2013

@Shah476 just give up man,nobody can beat Arsenal-kid in debates.He wins !

u havent seen me debate yet... hes young he sees things very black and white i have noticed.. we were like that at that age... but with time it gets better... but i do admire his knowledge and passion.. :)