India vs Palestine International Football Friendly, 6th February 2013

Comments

• ashindiaashindia 9254 Points

> Shah476 said:
    > u havent seen me debate yet... hes young he sees things very black and white i have noticed.. we were like that at that age... but with time it gets better... but i do admire his knowledge and passion.. :)

Agree with you !

• rudrarudra 2958 Points

@Shah476 is absolutely spot on here....there's not even an iota of doubt...if football actually wasn't what he was saying, we wont have been sitting here discussing it...there's tons of books and articles written on the topic and subject, so I guess one just needs to google rather than continue pointless arguments here

• Clubs based on ethnicity, religion, geographical location, status are all good for football. This generates passion, rivalries and derbies. Lajong is for hill people, Mohammedan sporting has muslim fans, EB and MB based on regional lines. Look at Persepolis and Esteghal- Working class and elite rivalry. Look at Fenerbahce vs Galatasary rivalry -geographical-fans are divided between asia and Europe side of Bosphorus. Thats what passion is all about. A corporate Istanbul FC Franchise will be a dud in face of such passion. Look at Celtics vs Rangers again religion comes there Catholic vs Protestants.
    Such rivalres whether religion or regional or otherwise promotes football. Mohammedan Sporting promotion will bring more crowd in Indian Football but they will have to improve.

• You know what. I am going to drop out. I have nothing to come back with. Lets use European examples because those work perfectly.

In fact I am dropping out overall. I have had it here. Almost everyone is to influenced by European football that no one here is willing to accept a change. Look at Indian football. Where has it been for the last 125 years.

The NFL began in 1996. MLS began in 1996. J. League in 1993. K-League (professional) in 1998, and A-League in 2005. 17 years after the NFL began where are we? Where are the other leagues? India is still at the back.

Hockey India League began in 2013 and it already better than I-League. Even sports like volleyball, boxing, and badminton are more popular in recreation.

Currently today we have the I-League. 26 games each team. 14 teams. 7 cities. 8 clubs in 2 cities. 1 of the clubs is in financial ruin. The other is barely staying alive while having former players heckle them for payment. East Bengal and Mohun Bagan, the two most supported clubs, are also the most corrupt. There fan bases are great yet they fail to take advantage. Pailan Arrows played with 0 fans against Sporting Goa. The Goan clubs will get 6,000-8,000 easy but that is really it in potential (15,000 maximum).

We only have 1 professional team in Pune FC. Only 1 team in I-League has an Academy, Pune FC. Our I-League U20 league is 3-weeks long while our I-League 2nd Division is only 2-3 months long and still full of billions of controversies. The clubs are also stilled named after companies and we still have PSU's (aka, non-pro teams). 

Next season, IMG-Reliance will show how much they have given up as well when they do their "franchise IPL league" because helping I-League is useless and impossible now.

As for the India national team. Let me put it like this. In the World Cup in 2022 in Qatar, I will attend. I will see a bunch of teams but the teams I will see there are the United States, Australia, Japan, South Korea, Uzbekistan, and England. Not India. India will have been knocked out. Same in 2026. Same in 2030.

I recall this article. Where Subrata Bhattacharya said that India would not qualify for the World Cup till 2300. I am starting to believe that.

I will end it here as I am sure a the reader is now pissed. See ya in AFC Challenge Cup 2022.
  • Shah476Shah476 240 Points

U still want challenge cup in 2022 na kar yaar... i want it gone in 2016...

Rest ive been there done tht with aame sentiments but one thing ive learnt...things r slow in our country..stay positive n optimistic co nothing in these feds is forever.. n it will take time n get better...

• > Shah476 said:
    > U still want challenge cup in 2022 na kar yaar... i want it gone in 2016...
    >
    > Rest ive been there done tht with aame sentiments but one thing ive learnt...things r slow in our country..stay positive n optimistic co nothing in these feds is forever.. n it will take time n get better...

AFC Challenge Cup gone by 2016? And we want to have the continent improve? 

And yes, I know how slow things are in India but either way the stupidity of the AIFF is astronomical. India reminds me of the industrial revolution in the United States.
  • Shah476Shah476 240 Points

I know u posted those links of past qlfrs of asia cup..challenge cup isnt helping great deal still.. 1 place for 20teams n 15 for other 25... wow.. afc can learn from caf..look how they have made game fairer..usinf climates well for home advantage..india etc can use it max..pick up 9points at home 1 away from home myb n ur in contention..

Id be happy to have 6 games in qlfrs get our boys on fifa dates..n try our luck..

Wat if caf had 2nd tier event for likes of niger cape verde n burkina faso? U wont see em all there... asia is big..home advantage wud mean a lot..

• Arsenalkid700Arsenalkid700 7 Points
    edited February 2013

> Shah476 said:
    > I know u posted those links of past qlfrs of asia cup..challenge cup isnt helping great deal still.. 1 place for 20teams n 15 for other 25... wow.. afc can learn from caf..look how they have made game fairer..usinf climates well for home advantage..india etc can use it max..pick up 9points at home 1 away from home myb n ur in contention..
    >
    > Id be happy to have 6 games in qlfrs get our boys on fifa dates..n try our luck..
    >
    > Wat if caf had 2nd tier event for likes of niger cape verde n burkina faso? U wont see em all there... asia is big..home advantage wud mean a lot..

CAF is different. The teams are a lot more closer in ability and teams like Burnika Faso (Ranked 92), Niger (Ranked 97), and Cape Verde (Ranked 70) are not bad at all.

The AFC has such a disparity in the quality of its teams that it needs the AFC Challenge Cup. I will go back to the links of the qualifiers. Nothing happened from them. India were killed every time.

Would India have qualified if it was not for the Challenge Cup in 2008. People say that UEFA has the best system yet no one acknowledges the problems with the small tier sides Kazakhstan, Malta, Luxembourg, Faroe Islands, Liechtenstein, Andorra, and San Marino who have not seen such huge improvements at all themselves.

I understand why people dont like the Challenge Cup but it is a need and I think the prize is amazing. Now... if there is something that the AFC needs to change it is the FIFA qualification format. India only had 2 games before being knocked-out. That needs to change but the Asian Cup qualification format is fine for now. I think the AFC just needs a better classification system for which teams are "developed" and "undeveloped".
  • > ashindia said:
    > @Shah476 just give up man,nobody can beat Arsenal-kid in debates.He wins !

Why are you an asshole? Why? We had this discussion only a week ago. Please, tell me because after a year and five months I feel like I am now an annoyance in peoples ears. And you know what, I may be an annoyance but I am also a realist and a person who looks at the current system and sees the hell in it.

But no, you like this system so let it be. You stay in India and continue to be a slave over Chelsea who are miles away from you while the domestic league continues to fail in your own country. I will continue to follow Indian football but I wont be surprised at stupidity anymore.
  • > rudra said:
    > @Shah476 is absolutely spot on here....there's not even an iota of doubt...if football actually wasn't what he was saying, we wont have been sitting here discussing it...there's tons of books and articles written on the topic and subject, so I guess one just needs to google rather than continue pointless arguments here

Can you explain that please? This is not pointless. We are discussing about a football club within India using examples from around the world. Successful and failures.