I League Player Transfers News & Rumors 2013-14

Comments

• ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    edited August 2013
    He probably was, he looks it to. I am just going with whatever sources are available to me and all of them say he is 19 years old.<div><br></div><div>Either way, 19 or 22, he has lost all the potential that would have made him a great striker for India. Sure, he would not be dominating the way Uttam Rai is (Hell, I doubt he even scored against the main Everton U16 and Manchester United U16 sides) but he would have at least provided the national team with another option had he realized what he could do.</div>
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    @arsenalfan - ur thoughts about this new pfc striker?
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">
    rudra wrote: »
    @arsenalfan - ur thoughts about this new pfc striker?

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;">I got an opinion off Reddit from a Brisbane Roar fan:</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">"I'll chip in for Meyer and say he was never really given a chance under Mulvey or Rado. First and only game Rado put him on last season he scored a goal. Just didn't work out at Brisbane, but I think he could be a good player if someone gives him a start."</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Based on this I think it is easy to say that he looked like a decent player but just not good enough to get himself into the minds of the two coaches while he was there.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Me personally, I have only seen a few matches of Brisbane last season as there matches never fit into my sleeping schedule and I never really noticed him until his goal and I believe an altercation with the 2011-12 A-League top scorer in which they both had a verbal argument after a match.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">I think he will do well in the I-League. He will definitely start a lot more games than he did in the A-League (specially now that we can have all 4 foreigners playing in a match) and hopefully that extra playing time will allow him to adjust and perhaps show off with a few goals here and there. I am still concerned about the fact that he only had 4 starts in 3 seasons and small playing time but you know what, there must be a reason why Brisbane retained him twice instead of releasing him earlier.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Who knows though, Tolgay Ozbey came to the I-League with only 6 games under his belt in the A-League (The pre-Del Pirlo A-League that is) and 0 goals... Meyer is coming here with 21 games played (4 starts) and 6 goals to his name. Meyer also has AFC Champions League experience so he is easily coming to India with the most experience out of all the Aussies to have played here. So good luck to him, I think he can cement a place here in India.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Here is the goal he scored against Perth Glory (first goal in the clip):</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">
  • debarghya89debarghya89 7328 Points
    edited August 2013
    <div>This video sums up some of his best moments and goals in Brisbane...</div><div><br></div><div><br></div>
  • archakarchak 2082 Points
    what is  his position??? soccerway says he is a mid while aiff and pfc say he is a forward
    archak wrote: »
    what is  his position??? soccerway says he is a mid while aiff and pfc say he is a forward

<br><div><br></div><div>He can play both. However, from the looks of it, he will need a partner up top when he is a forward.</div>
    as an attacking mid then his goals to game ratio is superb.... 
    archak wrote: »
    as an attacking mid then his goals to game ratio is superb.... 

<br><div><br></div><div>Agree on an overall basis but on this guy I am still not sure. 600 minutes in 3 seasons must mean something was wrong. His videos make him look TOO good for the A-League but his stats are far from saying that.</div><div><br></div><div>I am actually getting excited to see him, it will be interesting to see how he performs in a much easier league.</div>
    injury record or attitude problem???
    I can't find a record of his injuries other than a short-term one in 2011 and I doubt it was that as he was always on the bench and available when needed. He also played plenty of matches in the A-League National Youth League (allowed 3-4 overaged players).<div><br></div><div>I can't find anything on attitude.</div>
This discussion has been closed.