I League Player Transfers News & Rumors 2013-14

Comments

• ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">The only teams searching for a Asian foreigner are Bengaluru FC, Churchill Brothers, Mumbai Tigers, and Prayag United.</font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">The teams that have a spot open that does not need to be taken by an Asian are Dempo, Mohun Bagan, Mumbai FC, and Rangdajied United.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">So take your pick.</font></div>
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="4"><b>Japanese defender for Dempo SC</b></font><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="4"><b><br></b></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">PANAJI: Dempo Sports Club have strengthened their brittle defence with the signing of Japanese defender Shinnosuke Honda.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><b>Full Story: </b>http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/football/i-league/Japanese-defender-for-Dempo-SC/articleshow/21944701.cms</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><hr>Looks like Dempo can be taken off the list now. Where will Sean Rooney go? Will it be Bengaluru FC? Will it be Churchill Brothers? Or will he go to either Mumbai Tigers, Mumbai FC, Prayag United, Mohun Bagan, and Rangdajied United? Find out soon... ON GOOGLE! </div>
    edited August 2013
    Oh, and in regards to the new Japanese guy at Dempo SC. Meh, average signing. Did not play with Buriram United, at least not this season in which they are actually good and 3 appearances with an average Thai club does not sound like a player Dempo would sign (considering the signings they have made already) but this is a good signing in terms of depth.<div><br></div><div>Overall: Average, depth guy.</div>
  • preetampreetam 870 Points
    Japan player shunsuke nakamura keisuke honda
    dempo japani signin mixture of these 2 players...
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    dempo already has simon colosimo, and now honda..2 foreign defender? why? i have a feeling papas is not doing well in the defensive front...that was also very apparent with his job in arrows
    rudra wrote: »
    dempo already has simon colosimo, and now honda..2 foreign defender? why? i have a feeling papas is not doing well in the defensive front...that was also very apparent with his job in arrows

<br><div><br></div><div>How is he not doing well defensively? His center-back is a guy who has played with the Aussie national team and he played in over 25 matches last season for the Melbourne Heart in the A-League (However, ending in last place).</div><div><br></div><div>I mean, the back-line actually looks sharp. Surely Honda is more an option off the bench rather than a starter while Roy has always done well in I-League defensively.</div><div><br></div><div>Also keep in mind that this is Colaco's squad that Papas is adopting here. Its his first season as well so he should be given some time to restore the team.</div>
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points

<br><div><br></div><div>How is he not doing well defensively? His center-back is a guy who has played with the Aussie national team and he played in over 25 matches last season for the Melbourne Heart in the A-League (However, ending in last place).</div><div><br></div><div>I mean, the back-line actually looks sharp. Surely Honda is more an option off the bench rather than a starter while Roy has always done well in I-League defensively.</div><div><br></div><div>Also keep in mind that this is Colaco's squad that Papas is adopting here. Its his first season as well so he should be given some time to restore the team.</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>i meant because he is getting extra protection there....most i league teams will have 1 foreign defender....then either 2 foreign striker or two foreign mid</div>
  • rudra wrote: »

<br><div><br></div><div>i meant because he is getting extra protection there....most i league teams will have 1 foreign defender....then either 2 foreign striker or two foreign mid</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>now we see people even question about two foreign defender </div><div>personally its good move by Dempo. they have some good midfielder and strikers and good opportunity for an Indian striker to shine. </div>

<br><div><br></div><div>Ya, it is a difference from what we usually see lol but it is a nice change. They already have Beto to dominate the midfield and another former A-League regular in Billy Mehmet to lead the front-line. They also got rid of plenty of defenders this off-season and have brought in two, Simon and Prathamesh. They needed depth and they got it now.</div>
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points

<br><div><br></div><div>Ya, it is a difference from what we usually see lol but it is a nice change. They already have Beto to dominate the midfield and another former A-League regular in Billy Mehmet to lead the front-line. They also got rid of plenty of defenders this off-season and have brought in two, Simon and Prathamesh. They needed depth and they got it now.</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>from what i understand from dempo's initial games-</div><div>Prathamesh is unlikely to get the first XI position, Billy Mehmet has not yet settled down well,  dempo still finding its rhythm</div>
This discussion has been closed.