I League Player Transfers News & Rumors 2013-14

Comments

• rudrarudra 2958 Points
    sohalmoye wrote: »
    rudra wrote: »
    dempo already has simon colosimo, and now honda..2 foreign defender? why? i have a feeling papas is not doing well in the defensive front...that was also very apparent with his job in arrows

<br><div><br></div><div>How is he not doing well defensively? His center-back is a guy who has played with the Aussie national team and he played in over 25 matches last season for the Melbourne Heart in the A-League (However, ending in last place).</div><div><br></div><div>I mean, the back-line actually looks sharp. Surely Honda is more an option off the bench rather than a starter while Roy has always done well in I-League defensively.</div><div><br></div><div>Also keep in mind that this is Colaco's squad that Papas is adopting here. Its his first season as well so he should be given some time to restore the team.</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>i meant because he is getting extra protection there....most i league teams will have 1 foreign defender....then either 2 foreign striker or two foreign mid</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>now we see people even question about two foreign defender </div><div>personally its good move by Dempo. they have some good midfielder and strikers and good opportunity for an Indian striker to shine. </div>

<br><div><br></div><div>i am not questioning....i am commenting on the situation and on the decision...i dont have any problems even if they have all 4 foreign defendrs</div>
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    dempo already has simon colosimo, and now honda..2 foreign defender? why? i have a feeling papas is not doing well in the defensive front...that was also very apparent with his job in arrows

<br><div><br></div><div>How is he not doing well defensively? His center-back is a guy who has played with the Aussie national team and he played in over 25 matches last season for the Melbourne Heart in the A-League (However, ending in last place).</div><div><br></div><div>I mean, the back-line actually looks sharp. Surely Honda is more an option off the bench rather than a starter while Roy has always done well in I-League defensively.</div><div><br></div><div>Also keep in mind that this is Colaco's squad that Papas is adopting here. Its his first season as well so he should be given some time to restore the team.</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>i meant because he is getting extra protection there....most i league teams will have 1 foreign defender....then either 2 foreign striker or two foreign mid</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>Ya, it is a difference from what we usually see lol but it is a nice change. They already have Beto to dominate the midfield and another former A-League regular in Billy Mehmet to lead the front-line. They also got rid of plenty of defenders this off-season and have brought in two, Simon and Prathamesh. They needed depth and they got it now.</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>from what i understand from dempo's initial games-</div><div>Prathamesh is unlikely to get the first XI position, Billy Mehmet has not yet settled down well,  dempo still finding its rhythm</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>They have till October dude. Give Mehmet some time.</div>
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    <font face="Arial, Verdana">

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; line-height: normal;"><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; line-height: normal;">How is he not doing well defensively? His center-back is a guy who has played with the Aussie national team and he played in over 25 matches last season for the Melbourne Heart in the A-League (However, ending in last place).</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; line-height: normal;"><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; line-height: normal;">I mean, the back-line actually looks sharp. Surely Honda is more an option off the bench rather than a starter while Roy has always done well in I-League defensively.</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; line-height: normal;"><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; line-height: normal;">Also keep in mind that this is Colaco's squad that Papas is adopting here. Its his first season as well so he should be given some time to restore the team.</div><font face="Arial, Verdana">

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; line-height: normal;"><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; line-height: normal;">i meant because he is getting extra protection there....most i league teams will have 1 foreign defender....then either 2 foreign striker or two foreign mid</div><font face="Arial, Verdana">

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; line-height: normal;"><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; line-height: normal;">Ya, it is a difference from what we usually see lol but it is a nice change. They already have Beto to dominate the midfield and another former A-League regular in Billy Mehmet to lead the front-line. They also got rid of plenty of defenders this off-season and have brought in two, Simon and Prathamesh. They needed depth and they got it now.</div><font face="Arial, Verdana">

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; line-height: normal;"><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; line-height: normal;">from what i understand from dempo's initial games-</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; line-height: normal;">Prathamesh is unlikely to get the first XI position, Billy Mehmet has not yet settled down well,  dempo still finding its rhythm</div><font face="Arial, Verdana">

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; line-height: normal;"><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; line-height: normal;">They have till October dude. Give Mehmet some time.</div><font face="Arial, Verdana">

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; line-height: normal;"><br></div><div style="text-align: justify;"><font face="Arial, Verdana">Please read again, i said, "</font><span style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt;">Billy Mehmet has not yet settled down well" which just means he hasn't started too well, doesn't mean he is bad or he wont do well after a few matches.  basically what i was saying that dempo might be careful about the forward line because if the Mehmet fails, they are in trouble, as Jeje doesn't look like someone who can carry the team on his own for scoring</span><font face="Arial, Verdana" style="font-size: 10pt;"> </font><font color="#ffffff" face="lucida grande, Lucida Sans Unicode, tahoma, sans-serif" style="font-size: 10pt;"><span style="line-height: 18px;">"Bill</span></font></div>
    I don't see how my reply implied that I was disagreeing. I was just saying that this is a new era at Dempo SC. New players, new system, new coach... new everything. Billy Mehmet, I am sure he can do well in India and he probably will struggle at first, after all this is India not Australia.<div><br></div><div>We need to give Dempo time. Personally I don't see them winning the I-League this year. Papas will probably work on integrating a new squad for the long-term, finding out where the holes are which are to be filled, and focusing on improving the youth development.</div><div><br></div><div>The 2014-15 season should be theres to pounce on.</div>
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    this guy from Ivory Coast, playing in Egypt premier league is on trial in Mohun Bagan<div><br></div><div><a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abou_Kone">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abou_Kone</a></div>;
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">http://www.transfermarkt.com/en/abou-kone/leistungsdaten/spieler_124238.html</font><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">http://us.soccerway.com/players/abou-kone/87482/</font></div>;
  • ajmalajmal 1208 Points
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">http://www.transfermarkt.com/en/abou-kone/leistungsdaten/spieler_124238.html</font><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">http://us.soccerway.com/players/abou-kone/87482/</font></div>;
    <div><br></div><div>So 7= 62 goals??...did they call him for trials by seeing that..   <span style="font-size: 10pt;">:)</span></div>
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points

<br><div><br></div><div>so basically wikipedia is wrong on the no. of goalls? this transfermarkt is authentic?</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>so basically wikipedia is wrong on the no. of goalls? this transfermarkt is authentic?</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>His wiki is wrong. As a wikipedia editor, the only player pages that you can actually trust are those that have players who have played in select leagues and countries like MLS, the English leagues, the Scottish leagues, the I-League etc. This is because these pages have a lot of editors (experienced ones) who keep watch on them when they can and who update them. </div><div><br></div><div>Ones like this one where the guy has only played in smaller leagues will not be edited or taken care of properly. Chances are that page is vandalized.</div>
  • anindya82anindya82 175 Points
    Both of then r useless..both abou and erick.
This discussion has been closed.