Bengaluru FC Season 2013-14

Comments

• rudrarudra 2958 Points
    rudra wrote: »
    Ashlesh wrote: »
    :P oops i mean to say Bruno Colaco who was Margao Player joined JSW this season 

<br><div><br></div><div>didn't he the player who had retired for personal reasons?</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>Gerard D'Mello.</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>Oh my bad!</div>
  • samiamsamiam 1614 Points
    I am loving this club guys very nice <br>
  • BFC with 5035 likes in FB........
  • preetampreetam 870 Points
    Yup they r doin nice there...but fb is not everythng
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    Congrats Bengaluru Fans for a proper football club the city deserves, Decent noice coming from the place, Lets hope it doesnt fade away and gather strength. <div><br></div><div>Looks like a Chennai-Bangalore derby could be reality anytime soon and gives the EB-MB derby a run for its money(Mouth watering!!)</div><div><br></div>
  • AkoiAkoi 2 Points
    <p>I luv the enthusiasm of the club and its fans. They have already got thosuands of fans on facebook page. Hope to see the same in the stadium. </p> ^:)^
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">
    ajmal wrote: »
    Parth Jindal speaks..</font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><a href="http://www.livemint.com/Leisure/7X1ZVry98dXy3q9EZfs9aK/Bengaluru-FC-Men-of-steel.html">http://www.livemint.com/Leisure/7X1ZVry98dXy3q9EZfs9aK/Bengaluru-FC-Men-of-steel.html</a></div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;">Crappy beginning but this article makes a lovely comeback, weaving in some very nice quotes while gradually bringing in very necessary information. Very nice. Good read.</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Anyway, the most interesting part for the current is this: "JSW will spend about Rs.8-10 crore on this team annually." This is good. Sunil Chhetri I am guessing is making over 1 crore this season while the rest is fit in with the other 7-9 crore available. This would also explain their squad which is based on cheap but reliable youngsters with experienced but average older players (like Keegan Pereira and Darren Caldeira). However, I wonder how much Curtis Osano, John Johnson, and even Johnny Menyongar are payed. Surely they all total 2-2.5 crore in that budget. That, along with Sunil Chhetri's deal, will at most come up to 3.5 crore on 4 players with around 4.5-6.5 crore to spend on 20 players. So overall I doubt they will do much else of note at least for now.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">They will probably bring in some average Asian with a few more Indians. Mid-table side for me. Excellent spine with Colaco, Johnson, Osano, Menyongar, and Chhetri in the middle but the rest needs work.</font></div>
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Also what stood out to me was this: "Owning an I-League team means you are not making money but losing money. It’s not commercially viable; this would not be possible for us, to put in money without knowing how to make it back. For instance, in building a 25,000-capacity stadium, you are talking about spending over Rs.50 crore.”<div><br><div>“That’s the amount all clubs have to spend,” he adds. “As a corporation that wants to do something on the long term, we are willing to take the punt. Dempo, Salgaocar, Mohun Bagan and the others have been doing this year after year. The credit for the survival of this league goes to those stalwarts who have been investing money just on passion. The AIFF expects all to build infrastructure but where will you get the additional funds from? We have asked if they have some plan and how we can do this.”</div></div><div><br></div><div>This is exactly what I am talking about. I don't just blabber on about TV contracts and sponsorships and how Indian football is like "delicate glass" for nothing.</div><div><br></div><div>At this moment, I am now at a mid-way point between having the IMG-Reliance League or giving that up and focusing 100% on I-League. However, if I was to choose I-League I would think it is obvious that we will go with the usual format of the majority of the world. The rest is all speculation.</div>
  • AkoiAkoi 2 Points
    I luv it. Pune FC, Lajong FC and now JSW just love them for their professionalism. Hope the same from Mumbay tigers.