Bengaluru FC Season 2013-14

Comments

• JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points
    Bengaluru FC leting fans come for practice and take photos with players

BRIXamvCEAAStwp.jpg with Curtis Osano

BRIPiOlCIAEbnRZ.jpg
  • @joyptan, one boy in new away kit, thats the fan frenzy
  • munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    Also what stood out to me was this: "Owning an I-League team means you are not making money but losing money. It’s not commercially viable; this would not be possible for us, to put in money without knowing how to make it back. For instance, in building a 25,000-capacity stadium, you are talking about spending over Rs.50 crore.”<div><br><div>“That’s the amount all clubs have to spend,” he adds. “As a corporation that wants to do something on the long term, we are willing to take the punt. Dempo, Salgaocar, Mohun Bagan and the others have been doing this year after year. The credit for the survival of this league goes to those stalwarts who have been investing money just on passion. The AIFF expects all to build infrastructure but where will you get the additional funds from? We have asked if they have some plan and how we can do this.”</div></div><div><br></div><div>This is exactly what I am talking about. I don't just blabber on about TV contracts and sponsorships and how Indian football is like "delicate glass" for nothing.</div><div><br></div><div>At this moment, I am now at a mid-way point between having the IMG-Reliance League or giving that up and focusing 100% on I-League. However, if I was to choose I-League I would think it is obvious that we will go with the usual format of the majority of the world. The rest is all speculation.</div>

<br><br>First of all they are not building any stadium, so all these talks are rubbish. Can anyone show even one brick laid by any club in India and being used for I-league?<br>Secondly, about making money, well JSW is a big Steel conglomerate with 2012 revenue of 5.9 billion dollars. How their accountants use this club venture to get Tax deductions-that also Mr Parth Jindal should say if he is having problems about making money.<br> Money saved is money earned (tax deductions)and they are not going to build any stadium-everyone knows it.<br>
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    Owning a majority stake in a stadium is one of the parameters for AFC A club licensing. None of the indian clubs own a stadium thats why none were eligible for the licensing.
  • preetampreetam 870 Points
    this club is doin every thing to connect the fans....salute to them...wish club official intention were purely based on football...
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    Akoi wrote: »
    I luv it. Pune FC, Lajong FC and now JSW just love them for their professionalism. Hope the same from Mumbay tigers.
    <div><br></div><div>I think Lajong along with MSC were one of the worst performers in the AIFF's licensing criteria</div>
  • kali007kali007 0 Points
    Did i read the quote right, that the owner is going to take a punt and build a 25000 seater stadium. That is good news plus costing 50ish crores is feasible, around 10 million dollars. 
  • They said they would if the AIFF manage to get te financials back together.
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    Smart talk from the young Jindal. Clearly he is hinting that if he builds stadium, AIFF should ensure there are events hosted there. I short term, he is askig for assurance regardin U17 world cup
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Also what stood out to me was this: "Owning an I-League team means you are not making money but losing money. It’s not commercially viable; this would not be possible for us, to put in money without knowing how to make it back. For instance, in building a 25,000-capacity stadium, you are talking about spending over Rs.50 crore.”<div><br><div>“That’s the amount all clubs have to spend,” he adds. “As a corporation that wants to do something on the long term, we are willing to take the punt. Dempo, Salgaocar, Mohun Bagan and the others have been doing this year after year. The credit for the survival of this league goes to those stalwarts who have been investing money just on passion. The AIFF expects all to build infrastructure but where will you get the additional funds from? We have asked if they have some plan and how we can do this.”</div></div><div><br></div><div>This is exactly what I am talking about. I don't just blabber on about TV contracts and sponsorships and how Indian football is like "delicate glass" for nothing.</div><div><br></div><div>At this moment, I am now at a mid-way point between having the IMG-Reliance League or giving that up and focusing 100% on I-League. However, if I was to choose I-League I would think it is obvious that we will go with the usual format of the majority of the world. The rest is all speculation.</div>

<br><br>First of all they are not building any stadium, so all these talks are rubbish. Can anyone show even one brick laid by any club in India and being used for I-league?<br>Secondly, about making money, well JSW is a big Steel conglomerate with 2012 revenue of 5.9 billion dollars. How their accountants use this club venture to get Tax deductions-that also Mr Parth Jindal should say if he is having problems about making money.<br> Money saved is money earned (tax deductions)and they are not going to build any stadium-everyone knows it.<br>
    <div><br></div><div>When did I say they would make a stadium? All I said is that this is good because even the Jindals, even with all there money, care about the finances of the league and hoping that money can come into the league through all sorts of avenues.</div><div><br></div><div>And I do not believe in that rubbish that there revenues will stop them to care. Eventually, if the AIFF continue the way they are going, then the Jindals will pull the plug on this project. We have seen this abroad and we have seen this with other sports leagues in India and even in football with Mahindra and JCT. I bet that in around 3-5 years, if they do not see some results like a TV contract that gives money to clubs or sponsors coming in then they will close shop and eventually the other owners in I-League will give you. </div><div><br></div><div>You can not just keep pouring in money every season, over 10 crores, and then not even gain anything back or even know that the costs are being softened by money coming in through sponsors, TV contracts, or ticket revenue. It will eventually fail.</div>