Mohammedan Sporting Club News

Comments

• goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29247 Points
    MDS announce ISL entry in 2021 season by paying 15 cr franchise fee to Nita Ambani.
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29626 Points

https://twitter.com/MohammedanSC?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

So, every wannabe journalist and media house had got the name of the investor wrong!!
    goalkeepargiridharanEastBengalPrideindian_gooner
  • indianFootballFanindianFootballFan India4496 Points
    Yan Law resigned from Mohammedan SC Head Coach position.
    PassiashindiaG_Kmunna219777indian_goonermasefieldtheoilfield
    Unfortunate development, I would say

Just when they were in the news for the right reasons...they could have handled the situation better I guess
    munna219777
  • indianFootballFanindianFootballFan India4496 Points
    Now Mohammedan SC have Sacked Yan Law. Classic Kolkata club stuff.
    munna219777SiVgiridharan
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    Very unfortunate news. 
    Indian coaches have proved time and again that they are not behind their foreign counterparts as far as delivering results is concerned. 
    Calcutta clubs hire and fire them like it's a game of musical chairs.
    indian_goonerSiVgoalkeepargiridharan
  • G_KG_K Kerala5182 Points

Yan Law and Mohammedan Sporting part ways

Yan Law and Mohammedan Sporting parted ways on Sunday. The development comes hours after Mohammedan beat ARA FC 4-1 to claim its second win on the trot in the ongoing I-League Qualifiers.  

Law became the youngest ever to coach an I-League club when he took charge of Punjab FC last season at the age of 26. He also has the distinction of being the youngest AFC A License holder coach in Indian football. He subsequently agreed to join Mohammedan in July. However, his stay at the club has been cut short owing to internal differences.

“There have been a few issues between me and the club off the field and I think it's best that we part ways. I cannot disclose anything further as of now and I think its best that we move on. I wish the club all the best for its remaining two matches (in the I-League Qualifiers) and for its future in the I-League and the Indian Super League,” he told Sportstar.

Wasim Akram, general secretary of Mohammedan Sporting, clarified that the club had sacked Yan. “After the first match or rather even before the first match there was a problem with the head coach. He does not listen to his fellow coaches – be it the assistant coach, the goalkeeper coach, the team manager who has been with the team for the last 18 years, or the management. I have requested him many times to not play with certain players and play with others instead,” he said. 

“On the first day we told him to not play certain players in the starting XI and have them on the bench, he went against the management and fielded them in the starting XI. We had a disaster, and it was a very bad performance. Yes, we scored in the last minute, but the entire 90 minutes we were horrible.”

Elaborating, Wasim added: “Yan Law is not answerable to our fans or the public; he is just answerable to us. But we are answerable to the entire fan base. They kept asking us what was going wrong and why certain players did not play. After the first match, we fixed a Zoom meeting, and I was there along with the club’s officials.

“I told him that his attitude of becoming the dictator and boss of the team will not work this time. I added that if he had a problem, he should let me know right away because this was the team I wanted.' He was not too happy about it but agreed.”

Wasim continued that the players also had issues with the coach. “The players, after the first match, told the management that they did not want him and that he only prefers a couple of players. They said he has his own style of play and that they did not understand it as it was very complicated.”

The club issued Yan his termination letter this evening and said assistant coach Saheed Ramon will be in charge for the two remaining I-League Qualifiers games.

https://sportstar.thehindu.com/football/yan-law-and-mohammedan-sporting-club-part-ways-hero-i-league-qualifiers-indian-football-news/article32827359.ece

ashindiamunna219777indian_gooneratuljgmasefieldtheoilfield
    Akram further said the club was mulling legal action against Law, who was earlier Punjab FC coach.

"He also leaked my conversations by taking screenshots. I will take legal action against him."

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/football/i-league/mohammedan-sporting-sack-coach-yan-law-on-charges-of-leaking-conversation-with-top-officials/articleshow/78606435.cms

What the hell is this? Also, what about the suggestions of match-fixing against Ranjit Bajaj and its relation to the sacking of Law? A thorough probe should be undertaken to clear the air and the guilty party(ies) should be punished.

MSC and its millions of fans certainly deserve better. Again, without taking sides, hope that this does not in any way prove detrimental to the career of Yan Law, who was beginning to show so much promise as a coach at such a young age.

Also, I do not like some of the statements of the general secretary, Wasim Akram.

Yan Law is not answerable to our fans or the public; he is just answerable to us. But we are answerable to the entire fan base......."

"..this was the team I wanted".

Who said that the coach is not answerable to the fans/public, especially in the high pressure system of Kolkata? Yan is a Kolkata boy and knows very well the expectations of the supporters and public. Yes, they had one poor match but does that justify the GS saying "this was the team I wanted"? The officials can provide their inputs but cannot demand that the coach should select the team they want. In fact, it is his attitude which smacks of "dictatorialism". I had high hopes of him because he, along with Dipendu Biswas, had reportedly spearheaded MSC's resurgence this season but now I am not too sure
    gaffertapeashindiamunna219777indian_gooneratuljggoalkeeparkartik91
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    Wasim Akram wants to select team lol then why hire a coach ?? he can coach the team instead
    munna219777atuljggoalkeeparspartakartik91
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    edited October 2020
    Last time Mohammedan Sporting Club played in i-league was in 2013 - 14. 
    Now we know why.
    Owners want to select team themselves.  
    Coach has no freedom to select players or the style of play 
    masefieldtheoilfieldatuljgkartik91