2013-14 I-League General Discussion Thread

Comments

• ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    edited June 2014
    In terms of your I-League question... they were given a deadline. Who cares what they are like by then, they were given a deadline now and they failed.
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9964 Points
    edited June 2014
    I do not have much sympathy with the ousted clubs -- they were given notices and extensions all right. But a lot remains unexplained from the AIFF's side.

The inspectors expressed their mistake for judgment of some of the criteria, yet the decisions remain unchanged. They termed United's youth coach's degree as fake when it was signed by AIFF's Alberto Colaco. Speaking of youth development, how do EB & MB get away, and these are caught? As far as youth dev is concerned, EB/ MB are on the same footing as these clubs. High point of EB's passing is the jacuzzi installed at club tent. Nobody bothers, even the evaluators, that after a century of their existence, these two could not build a clubhouse (forget stadiums) and operate from 'tents'.

How does Mumbai FC survive without a home ground? 

These four are unprofessional? AFC rapped AIFF a few days back for having amateur set ups down to the member associations. What of that? Shouldn't you bring YOUR house in order before judging others? AIFF cannot manage I-league properly, let them show some improvement first.

Pro-fool (or was it Kushal) has said that if these clubs correct their set up, they will be considered for I-league 2. Rightly, as evaluation should be a dynamic thing, not an one time affair to chuck someone out. But then the people who are dancing in joy for having a pan-Indian presence of the league will have a shock: the errant clubs from Goa and Bengal will again crowd the league, maybe next year. So this definitely is not the way to curb the regional imbalance. If AIFF want to do that, they should come out in public , put their foot in and set a limit on the number of clubs from a state. Done and dusted. Hidden agendas and partisan judgments breed only bitterness and animosity, and surely do not lead to hale and hearty development.
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    I don't see how you can cap the number of teams per state. Perhaps by city or district but not state. Maharahstra can have Mumbai, Pune, Nagpur, Kolhapur etc and all of them are capable of housing 2 teams each... thus making 8 Maha teams. In West Bengal you can have teams in Kolkata and Siliguri.

It is just impossible to cap it.
    Maharashtra is a huge state, like a country (in size and population). Maybe something like this: 4 from the bigger states (Mah, UP, MP,TN, ...), 3 from the smaller (Goa, WB, Kerala, Guj, ...), 1 from the tiny states (Manipur, Nagaland, Mizoram, HP, Punjab, ...). Or something else. In any case, Sunando Dhar is being paid to think of these, let us not duplicate his work.

My point is first AIFF should professionalize themselves. AIFF should impose the AFC criteria without bias (as @Munna pointed out elsewhere YBK passes for EB/ MB, but not for MSC. Why?). Similarly, you are shit in youth development, and you pass because AIFF likes your papers. I miss one or two audited papers and instead of getting a chance to re-submit, I get the boot. So nice.

Moreover, how do you prevent these four flunking clubs to populate I-league later? What happens to nationwide even distribution of I-league clubs? To prevent it -- if that is AIFF's hidden agenda -- it is better to impose a direct cap: of course, after taking the associations in confidence. 

But I think AIFF is not motivated by such an idea, they have vendetta in mind. 
  • preetampreetam 870 Points
    one thong is confirmed that EB and MB would have fulfilled the financial criteria......
    Oh what a glorious mess !!!
  • samiamsamiam 1614 Points
    somewhere...........bhaichung is smiling
  • MaddieMaddie ಮೈಸೂರು(Mysuru) / Canada2975 Points
    Churchill bros and other football clubs are running football because of passion and their returns are zero. If I league clubs need criteria than what about ISL franchises. In this mess Churchill/Prayag/MD Sporting/RUFC are not losers but some of the players who are dreaming big. Why only top tier league need license and before selecting clubs for  second division clubs lay down criteria and winners get entry. Mess!!! Mess!!! Mess!!!

Can we send out letters to AFC/FIFA to restrict this fools for screwing up Indian club football when already screwed National team.
  • MaddieMaddie ಮೈಸೂರು(Mysuru) / Canada2975 Points
    Churchill bros and other football clubs are running football because of passion and their returns are zero. If I league clubs need criteria than what about ISL franchises. In this mess Churchill/Prayag/MD Sporting/RUFC are not losers but some of the players who are dreaming big. Why only top tier league need license and before selecting clubs for  second division clubs lay down criteria and winners get entry. Mess!!! Mess!!! Mess
This discussion has been closed.