Comments

• goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29252 Points
    Real chennai then real madrad will buy them
  • preetampreetam 870 Points
    @Rudra
    well done mate u too ate peice of cake and after that u act like @admin
    AKB
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    To be fair to Rudra we really should not joke about the Euro owners thing... I was partially being serious as Manchester City is slowly building their brand, esspecially in Asia with both Melbourne City FC and Yokohama F. Marinos in Japan under their ownership (80% of MCFC, and 20% of YFM).

Man City will only care about spreading their brand, I doubt they would care for revenues.
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9958 Points
    @arsenalfan, if AIFF want to purge I-league of bad clubs, they should do it neutrally. A stadium-less Mumbai FC (youth development-less also, and finance-less) passes, YBK is ok with EB/ MB, but not with Mohammedan SC! Lot of clubs default on players' payment, but Churchill is booked. Evidently, they are out to take revenge on the clubs which were causing problems on ISL.

Corporate clubs Indian football's future? my foot! Mumbai FC IS a corporate club, and that says a lot on our future. As per inside news (OK, rumour, if you prefer), Pune FC's interests are also reducing, and I won't be surprised if they shut shop in two-three years time. JCT, Mahindra were all 'corporate' clubs, -- though they had a lot of things wrong -- they did not take a second of extra time to hang up when going got tough. So, in such a future, what does Profool do? Beg Churchill Alemao and Nabab Bhattacharya to rejoin?

AIFF should heal themselves first. Professionalize. Climb down to the level of the clubs (and not act as masters of the game), take them as partners in a revamped league, help them professionalize. If AIFF make the settings professional, then professional clubs will automatically bloom.
    AKBgoalkeeparmunna219777ArsenalFan700
  • AKBAKB Kolkata3039 Points

Well mates... let us be patient, good days are coming but it is visible to the Select Few.

By the way how many years the following Corporate teams lasted.. any idea ?

Tata SC, Mafatlal SC, Mahindra & Mahindra (later known as Mahindra United), JCT, Pailan Arrows (AIFF's own baby) etc ??

Now tell me how many hours the following unprofessional Club teams lasted.

Mohun Bagan, Mohammedan SC, East Bengal, United SC (formerly known as Ever ready Association), Churchill Borothers, Sporting Clube de Goa etc. Here 100s of clubs who do not qualify for I-League though play in their local leagues are not included. Some of these clubs are 100 y old and do not get Corporate Blessings.

Pune FC the 1st Club to get Licence.... performance wise was a joke in 2013-14. Churchill Br.. the failure in Licencing were I-League Champs and current Federation Cup Winners. United Sc always a decent performer and a dangerous opponent, MSC are the Durand & IFA Shield Champs. Well some may say well Durand & IFA Shield are low priority tournaments... right, but why the Failure team won it ? Why the Successful teams failed ? 

I don't expect any answer. Because there is none. I know I am breaking my head against a wall but if I love this game and of course love my Country.. it is necessary to raise my voice against these AIFF xxx. 

goalkeeparmunna219777
  • preetampreetam 870 Points
    Its very hot summer so evryone thought is boiling..
    Deb_Ban
    Well, the answer lies in you question itself. Community clubs are successful (should rather say they are trudging along, not use the term 'successful') because they were run along social commitment line, not result oriented. By result-oriented I mean financially. Since inception, they knew it's a passion thing. They do not know how to make money and why. That's why they did not bring any value addition to the league. And the "corporate' clubs you mentioned were not run with corporate philosophy. All were CSR schemes to get tax subsidy. None were financially separate entities. 

Now the new wave of corporate clubs (Mumbai, Pune, Bengaluru, and two more simpletons coming this year) were lured into the league with a false hope of professionalism. As soon as they will learn that AIFF has not kept any provision of growth, they will put brakes on their zeal. Mumbai did it, Pune are on the way, Bengaluru in the near future, as they have a deeper pocket. 

IPL clubs are making losses, but they have a roadmap for making profit. Even ISL clubs have that. But for I-league, it's CSR only. Only people raking in the moolah are IMG-R and Pro-fool.
    goalkeepar
    If my posts above create confusion and negativity (I denounced both corporate and Community entities), what do I stand for?

Simply, I want a true professional environment in the league, where every club has scope for earning (share of TV deals, League sponsorship deals, self sponsor, merchandise sell, appearance money, membership fees,prize money, etc, etc). If they get some of these, they will realize the potential for growth and be financially responsible. In such a scenario, a club will realize the virtues of naming itself Pune FC as against Piramal FC, Mahindra United or Churchill Brothers. Ownership pattern is irrelevant here. 

AIFF should try to provide THAT environment, Clubs will take care of themselves.
  • 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    only issue with Chennai direct entry in  I league is Stadium ..in 1 week time it will be clear ..
This discussion has been closed.