2013-14 I-League General Discussion Thread

Comments

• 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    Hope Chennai Government Allow them to use JLN Chennai and if they don't then it will be another victory for Cricket over Football 
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    JLN stadium should be used for Football. Actually it used to be Corporation Stadium for Cricket in the past but when Chepauk was built for Cricket, CM Jayalalitha used that opportunity to convert Corporation Stadium into Athletics/Football stadium for SAF Games in I think 1995. Then again it went long renovations and got completed last year.
    Chennai has fantastic sports infrastructure. Good Hockey Stadium, Tennis Stadium as well as for Cricket.
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    May i have my dear plastics to stop creating posts of what should be the ideal name for a football club? Indian football has its own history and method of clubs and copying europe is the least that we should do.

For eg., for all who claim Nethaji Sc's name being "Stupid" Its actually quite old with a long history dating back to 1946.

Btw Nethaji SC are interested in a I-league but certainly not this season maybe the next? Could be a one which "The Hindu" might have owning rights.

The closest one could be Chennai Rangers FC with Air asia starting operations and QPR being promoted back to PL(Sigh i hate them beating my beloved Rams) this could be the choice, But nothing concrete now.

mohammed_87hassan
  • CybertronCybertron 402 Points
    edited June 2014
    To all those football fans who are still unsure about the new name of that I-league club from Chennai. Will this new club from Chennai make any difference in I-league? Will they have the same professional setup as Bengaluru FC?

As for new club from Hyderabad I think Jai Telangana FC would be a suitable name for it. We can even have a South Indian derby between Bengaluru FC and Jai Telangana FC (much like between Mohun Bagan and East Bengal). What do you all think?
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29251 Points
    Hyderabad will have a better derby if they had 2 clubs 1 representing telangana and other seamandra
    Cybertronsamiam
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10448 Points
    edited June 2014
    @dx not even thousand people in chennai would have known the name of nethaji fc before the club was took over and made news on toi and the hindu

Is this legacy do u.think any one exept its formwr owner will protest if name is changed and if they play as nethaji no one will support them

goalkeepar
  • samiamsamiam 1614 Points
    Chennai chutney fc :D

Btw I want that mizo club chenmari fc to come to I league
    rudra
  • shakkeerKMshakkeerKM 1324 Points
    Chanmari fc have a serious vision and they have already created a well organized schedule ,they have huge fan base ....it would be great if they make it into i-league http://www.footyshekkeer.in/2014/04/chanmari-fc-for-i-league.html
    goalkeeparArsenalFan700
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Just admit it... its the girls ;)
    gopiajeeshsparta
This discussion has been closed.