Coach for Indian Football Team

Comments

• ajmalajmal 1208 Points
    With the players we have now , we can definitely be in the 80-100 ranking , provided we have the right strategies and players combinations.Whoever be the next coach , he should define his aim first itself - take india in to the 120s or 100s rank in 1 or 2 year.Common guys , we are stuck in the 150s for the past --- :-/ years . We should take it step by step .And i would better like to have a foreign coach who is wise (not genius -thats enough ) in football coaching.He should know nice attacking plans upfront.IMO indian coaches lack these plans.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    Rudi Krol eager to coach Indian football team

Former Dutch captain Rudi Krol, a veteran of two World Cup finals, is eager to coach the Indian football team, soccer officials say.

The 62-year-old is one of the several coaches who have applied for the post of chief coach, which is vacant after the resignation of Bob Houghton.

A top All India Football Federation (AIFF) official said that Krol's CV was among the several they have received from foreign coaches in the last two weeks.

AIFF secretary Kushal Das, however, refused to reveal names but confirmed that some former national coaches have applied.

"It is not possible to reveal the names. But some international coaches, who have the experience of coaching international sides have applied," Das said.

Krol, a former Dutch defender, played in 1974 and captained the side in the 1978 World Cup. On both the occasions Holland made the finals but lost to hosts West Germany and Argentina. Krol played 83 times for Holland between 1969-83, scoring four goals.

He was the star performer for the Dutch team in the 1978 World Cup in Argentina and also featured in the FIFA All Star team. In 1979, Krol finished third in the European Footballer of the Year competition behind the winner Kevin Keegan of England and Germany's Karl-Heinz Rummenigge.

He spent most of his club career at Ajax Amsterdam and turned out for Italian club Napoli from 1980-84.

As a manager, he was in charge of the Egyptian national team in 1996 and was assistant manager of the Netherlands, under Louis van Gaal. He is currently in charge of top South African club side Orlando Pirates.
    http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/football/top-stories/Rudi-Krol-eager-to-coach-Indian-football-team/articleshow/8175926.cms
  • sabir wrote:
    Sanjoy Sen of Prayag Unied is also very good coach. His team is performing well with very limited resource. Today his team has shown nice passing football. I am really impressed.

He complains way to much for my liking, after every game he has a complaint. Other than that he is a very good coach.
  • usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    pay some serious money and get a decent coach,also we need to stragey to improve rankings our aiff officials don't understand how to get a big jump in rankings.
  • usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    rudra wrote:
    Rudi Krol eager to coach Indian football team

Former Dutch captain Rudi Krol, a veteran of two World Cup finals, is eager to coach the Indian football team, soccer officials say.

The 62-year-old is one of the several coaches who have applied for the post of chief coach, which is vacant after the resignation of Bob Houghton.

A top All India Football Federation (AIFF) official said that Krol's CV was among the several they have received from foreign coaches in the last two weeks.

AIFF secretary Kushal Das, however, refused to reveal names but confirmed that some former national coaches have applied.

"It is not possible to reveal the names. But some international coaches, who have the experience of coaching international sides have applied," Das said.

Krol, a former Dutch defender, played in 1974 and captained the side in the 1978 World Cup. On both the occasions Holland made the finals but lost to hosts West Germany and Argentina. Krol played 83 times for Holland between 1969-83, scoring four goals.

He was the star performer for the Dutch team in the 1978 World Cup in Argentina and also featured in the FIFA All Star team. In 1979, Krol finished third in the European Footballer of the Year competition behind the winner Kevin Keegan of England and Germany's Karl-Heinz Rummenigge.

He spent most of his club career at Ajax Amsterdam and turned out for Italian club Napoli from 1980-84.

As a manager, he was in charge of the Egyptian national team in 1996 and was assistant manager of the Netherlands, under Louis van Gaal. He is currently in charge of top South African club side Orlando Pirates.
    http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/football/top-stories/Rudi-Krol-eager-to-coach-Indian-football-team/articleshow/8175926.cms
    wont he old

• shankarshankar 2600 Points
    ashindia wrote:
    shankar wrote:
    time to increase this discussion more intense as we are assured of savio to be replaced

Agree man but looks like everyone is sleeping

BTW Shankar neege Tamilian dane ???
    ya i am tamil...but why are getting this doubt after so long time of discussion here and also being fb friend as well??
    and sadly when you all were discussing i was sleeping I-)
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    i would like to see armando colaco as coach but only if he is given minimum of 2-3 years as it will assure that he wont be interested to scout for dempo players or else to be biased for dempo players(as many say)...still i think he was good enough to select the players best suitable for his tactics rather than the best players, which is what is needed for the success of a team in modern football
  • anandanand 0 Points
    no Indian coach please.Armando might be good but still his tactics are limited to specific extent.AIFF can sign a mediocre coach for 3 years contract with 2 or 3 million dollars.I think its completely within range of AIFF budget.Ruud Krole is best option available.He showed his interest and we have his colleague Rob Baan with us.AIFF can approach him thorough Rob.
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    I dont think with a hi-fi TD, we can have a hi-profile coach too. The TD would never want that as there would be obvious ego clashes. That is why probably Rob Baan is insisting on an Indian coach who will follow his guidelines.

But if that is really the case then Armando might also be a problem for him. Also I don't think a mediocre foreign coach is a better option than Armando