Coach for Indian Football Team

Comments

• shankar wrote:
    Karim for national team coach :-bd

<br><br>Not in favor of this. He has not been that successful outside of India and also I-League to International Coach is a big move. If we go for a foreigner I hope he may go for more experience.<br>
  • AdminAdmin 240 Points
    <div><b>Indian Football Team will have Dutch/Spanish coach</b></div><div style="font-weight: normal; ">http://www.indianfootballnetwork.com/blog/2012/04/26/indian-football-team-will-have-dutch-or-spanish-coach-kushal-das/</div>;
  • I m glad dat finally we may have a coach who will b frm these countries..i was hoping it wasnt Colaco or Bencherifa..whoever it is I just hope he is given a free hand and also atleast a 3 year term!! <br><br>
  • Shah476Shah476 240 Points
    as some1 suggested somebody like lawrie sanchez would have been a good candidate..not too expensive...probably lot less costly than Bob but some1 who can build a team and plays good football. but lets see who comes in and to be honest to start expecting spanish style or dutch style from the incoming coach is gonna be too much. will be massive culture shock in terms of football styles etc and will take time. but hopefully on the right path.<br>
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">I agree with Shah. If getting a Dutch or Spanish coach was the answer then so many national teams within the same FIFA ranking as us would be doing better. Basically a dutch or spanish coach wont change things at all most of the time otherwise we would hear more stories about other national teams rising only because of the dutch or spanish coach.</font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">I just hope that if we do go for a Dutch or Spanish coach then we are smart about it, dont judge a coach on nationality but on there experience in the continent and overall. For example I think that Lawrie Sanchez like I said before and Shah said again would be good, he is proven, he is strong when it comes to bullshit but the AIFF wont care as he is Irish.</font></div>
    hes just left Barnet, i reckon you can get him at £150k max a year...<br><br>oh on the bullshit etc from aiff or local football..no chance..he was part of the crazy gang at wimbledon...as tough guys as it comes in football!<br><br>who could it be the spanish or dutch guy who has experience in asia?<br>
  • Shah476 wrote:
    hes just left Barnet, i reckon you can get him at £150k max a year...<br><br>oh on the bullshit etc from aiff or local football..no chance..he was part of the crazy gang at wimbledon...as tough guys as it comes in football!<br><br>who could it be the spanish or dutch guy who has experience in asia?<br>

<br><div><br></div><div>That is another reason Sanchez wont come, he was in Barnet who are a 4th Division side in England. Yet the AIFF would not see that 4th Division in England is equal to top Indian football.</div><div><br></div><div>As for a coaches in Asia, one that should pop up straight away is Guus Hiddink.</div>
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    it doesn't matter from which country is the coach, what matters is his past record and his vision with the team + given the standard of current crop of players they can only improve a bit...if AIFF wants to use the dutch/spanish style in INDIA then better get such coaches at academies and junior teams...maybe even in arrows<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><div id="refHTML"></div>
    I think I-League is probably conference level and not league 2.. no disrespect.<br><br>Guus Hiddink is couple of million dollar man to say the least..<br><br>as rudra said if you want that kind of system you need whole philosophy development from bottom up...its like at manchester united..they play almost same style at youth level and move up, or the german and spanish national teams.. but again long term projects those...<br>
  • AruncitoAruncito 4 Points
    Since Rob Baan mentioned he didnt choose Karim Bencherifa 'coz of very limited experience as a national team coach, so I am sure they are considering someone who has a good exp. on national level as well.<br>But regardless, its really good to know that this matter has moved ahead and we should hopefully seeing some positive changes. <br><br>