Coach for Indian Football Team

Comments

• I sorta agree with Pedro but I dont think we will ever get that coach that can do an Oakland Athletics job on us.

Anyway I think that the AIFF should just sign a good cheap coach. Dont break the bank. Think about who you sign. I say this because I have almost given up with the idea that India need a good coach now. When you think about it India dont have a major tournament till 2013 when we play in the AFC Challenge Cup Qualifiers.

In fact now I think we should not play in the AFC Asian Cup 2015 Qualifiers. Why spend that money for qualifiers in 2012 when most likely it will be the same boring guys. Spend money and build a team that will be ready for the 2014 AFC Challenge Cup and 2015 AFC Asian Cup.

We have the u16's playing in the Dallas Cup and AFC U16 Championships. We have the around 5 good Pailan Arrows players. We have an in prime Sunil Chhetri. Soon to be in prime Nabi. We got a yound Pal. We have Brandon Fernandes who should be ready by 2013-14-15.

You also have a few youngsters in the I-League, new Academies and the AIFF-FIFA Academies.

Basically spend on I-League then spend on an I-League U19 league which would feature all 14 I-League clubs + Tata FA, SESE FA, PIFA FA, Punjab FA, AIFF Elite Academy, and Quartz FA.

Results will be seen then, not through a fancy coach.
  • somesh wrote:
    Moneball is an awesome movie. However the kind of coach you are looking for probably exists in movies only, although that kind of coach might be perfect one for us
    Except that Moneyball the movie is based on Moneyball the book which is the true life story of Billy Beane and the Oakland Athletics. They exist. Maybe not in Indian football, but they exist in other countries and other sports.
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    I know they are based on a true stories but I refuse to believe it was as straight forward.
    According to the real guy himself, all he was trying to do was build an affordable team with all that they had. It just worked in their case coz the theory was good.

Even if we try that theory, we wont be able to build a good team as it is not about best available player at a certain price while you are selecting a national team. In any case we have bad bunch of players..
  • somesh wrote:
    According to the real guy himself, all he was trying to do was build an affordable team with all that they had. It just worked in their case coz the theory was good.

Even if we try that theory, we wont be able to build a good team as it is not about best available player at a certain price while you are selecting a national team. In any case we have bad bunch of players..

exactly, that is what I was saying in my previous post. Forget about these guys, forget about a "star" coach. Just work on the current youth because in the end if we make the AFC Asian Cup in 2015 it wont be the 2012 Challenge Cup squad there... it would be the current u23 youngsters and some u19 and maybe a u16 player along with experienced seniors.
  • sabirsabir 46 Points
    Actually we dont need one good coach. Rather, the number is 20 plus. If we are playing this boring 'backpass-square pass- crosses from wing- heavy weight Nigerian' style football in domestic league dont expect our boys will do something extra ordinary in national team doesnt matter who is the coach. We need a large number of coaches in I-league teams who will be coordinating to develop our own style suitable for our players and take our standard to next level. If you consider the youths team and academies then the required number is much more.
  • sabir wrote:
    Actually we dont need one good coach. Rather, the number is 20 plus. If we are playing this boring 'backpass-square pass- crosses from wing- heavy weight Nigerian' style football in domestic league dont expect our boys will do something extra ordinary in national team doesnt matter who is the coach. We need a large number of coaches in I-league teams who will be coordinating to develop our own style suitable for our players and take our standard to next level. If you consider the youths team and academies then the required number is much more.

Ya I agree. The only player who is used to playing in a different environment is Sunil Chhetri when he was in the USA. Everyone else is all backpass, forward long-ball.

Coaches at youth level is definitely where we are lacking. I think it is time for the AIFF to start some sort of new program called something like "Football for kids". They said that they would give certain state federations money to develop but how about do this with the money.

Split the money between WIFA (Maharashtra), Goa, IFA (West Bengal), Nagaland, Sikkim, and Delhi. Then force those federations to start 2 new leagues. The u12 league (Age 10-12) and u16 league (13-16).

The AIFF should then give the format for the leagues. There must be at least 30 teams in each state. All 30 teams per state must have a u12 and u16 team. (So it would be 180 clubs BTW) and then to make it good development for the kids only allow state licensed coaches to coach the teams. To do this the state associations should force the coaches to take a one week course with 60 coaches graduating each state. Then send 1 coach to each team.

Also these leagues would be pay to play leagues. As in you cant play in the league unless you pay for it. (Try keeping it at a low cost). There are no try-outs! Every player who signs up and pays MAKES THE TEAM AUTOMATICALLY!

ALSO EVERY PLAYER IN EVERY TEAM MUST PLAY AT LEAST 20 MINUTES EACH GAME!

This is under-12 and under-16 football. Every kid should be allowed to play in every game because they are only kids and the main objective of these leagues is to give these kids a chance to have fun playing the world game and develop and that is it.
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    i would love to see a meeting between rob baan and all club coaches and in that meeting he shall discuss about the tactics these coaches play with their team and then come up with the tactics which is best suitable for indian local players....
    now after this only should he start searching the perfect man who is good for that tactic which is best suitable for indians...doesnt matter if it means we have to extend the contract of savio for another 6 months but all i want is the slot of top technical job in NT be filled by best person who could do wonder with the talent available for him in i-league
    interesting article. Welcome to the Indian Football Forum Markus. Kindly introduce yourself in the INTRODUCTION THREAD
  • reddevil87reddevil87 1858 Points
    The question is will India would be able to financially support him? If yes, then he is one of the best option. (Indian with foreign tactics) :D