Coach for Indian Football Team

Comments

• shankarshankar 2600 Points
    Markus wrote:
    I want to inform you that it is not so impossible to get Robin Dutt as national coach:

http://articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com/2011-08-14/news/29884506_1_bundesliga-club-oliver-kahn

Perhaps not so soon but in some years, if the requirements met. He is a great supporter of young talents, I think he would want that much ressources will be put in the youth teams and the soccer education on lower levels. With such a man you can build out a good competitive team from nothing, but it will cost time.

he should be a great coach for our national team in next 10-15 years hopefully when our regional academies which are opening soon this year gonna ripe some fruits with some good talents coming from them which could help a coach of his caliber to select players who could be having technical ability to fit his tactics and bring some glory for us
  • to much money, could be used for youth development.
  • savio mediera sacked? reports on fb doing around.
  • savio mediera sacked? reports on fb doing around.

wait till the AIFF announces it. Its obvious he wont be here after May but we do have a friendly (supposedly) before his contract ends so who knows.
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    arsenalfan wrote:
    savio mediera sacked? reports on fb doing around.

wait till the AIFF announces it. Its obvious he wont be here after May but we do have a friendly (supposedly) before his contract ends so who knows.

according to previous reports from aiff savio is gonna continue till his expiry of contract till end of may....anyway we are fine with it if they are not extending his contract
  • AruncitoAruncito 4 Points
    I disagree we should have an Indian coach. Our performance was really improving when we were under Bob. There are lot of Mexican coaches out there since the they are physically similar to ours. Former Dutch captain Rudi Krol had also expressed interest after Bob resigned. I think having a foreign coach we also mentally boost the players performance.<br>
  • <br>
    Aruncito wrote:
    I disagree we should have an Indian coach. Our performance was really improving when we were under Bob. There are lot of Mexican coaches out there since the they are physically similar to ours. Former Dutch captain Rudi Krol had also expressed interest after Bob resigned. I think having a foreign coach we also mentally boost the players performance.<br>

<br><div><br></div><div>Krol wont come. To expensive and we are already spending a lot on Baan and I am guessing O'Donald to.</div>
  • AruncitoAruncito 4 Points
    Not sure about Stewart Hall either. He did well for Pune FC in 2009. But he wanted more of European style of play. <br>Then I guess may be AIFF needs to decide what style of play is better for us to compete in Asia, not just in India, and then get the coach accordingly.<br>
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">
    Aruncito wrote:
    Not sure about Stewart Hall either. He did well for Pune FC in 2009. But he wanted more of European style of play. </font><br><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Then I guess may be AIFF needs to decide what style of play is better for us to compete in Asia, not just in India, and then get the coach accordingly.</font><br><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">No, not Stewart Hall. If we want a foreigner than I suggest Lawrie Sanchez and Philippe Troussier.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Lawrie Sanchez has actually just left his last coaching job at Barnet FC in the 4th Division of England just 3 days ago. He brought the Republic of Ireland from 124 in the FIFA Rankings to 27th. That is 97 places higher!!!!!! He had also beaten England and Portugal on the way. He even to Wycombe Wanderers of the English 3rd Division to the FA Cup Semi-Final in 2001. He also managed Fulham in the Premier League. He should be cheap as well based on his small wages at Barnet.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Philippe Troussier revamped Japan. Took them to the World Cup and got them to a great place. He is manager in a 2nd Division club so he should be easy to get.</font></div>
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    @arsenalfan if you mean O'Donnel, he is being paid by FIFA