IFA Shield 2014

Comments

• AKBAKB Kolkata3039 Points
    edited February 2014
    Fully agree with Soccerlover. Kolkata media (except for a select few correspondents) is just like Mohun Bagan Officials (like Anjan Mitra or Debasish Dutta) who even doesn't know whether the Football is round shaped or oval shaped! Media dances to the tune of the Corrupt Officials. And the Officials..... well they build the team without minimum common sense and when the team fails the Coach is sacked... I appreciate Karim for the way he shaped up the younger players. With no Striker in the team it was never expected that Mohun Bagan would go through to the SF. I admire Karim for the way the defence & the Halfline functioned yesterday... atleast 10 Open chances were provided to the so called strikers who are even not worth representing any School Team. Now the Official will sack Karim  with the dictum "perform or perish". Fine but why not apply the same dictum to themselves who are just Corrupt and would have been begging at the Howrah Station had they not made Mohun Bagan their paternal property. Odafa needs to be kicked out and I am sure Odafa's football career is over atleast in India. But the guy has really sucked up Mohun Bagan with ofcourse the blessings of Anjan And Debasish.

• archakarchak 2082 Points
    @akb karim as of now he is staying( till end of march if something major doesn't happen) with odafa most probably to face the wrath of the officials.
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    Odafa's earlier physician has blamed his lifestyle for his injury concerns. He has apparently said that Odafa was advised to bed rest for at least 2 weeks with zero strain on hamstring-prone leg and to use crutches. But the gu ignored it completely. He even partied and disco-ed, some say in the influence of his agent Chima, in that condition. So the physician, who himself is a Mohun Bagan fan, declined to treat him lest his own reputation takes dip.

His new doctor has advised him 1 month absolute bed-rest and then he would take some time to become match fit.
    edited February 2014

@ name WTHeld

Odafa's earlier physician has blamed his lifestyle for his injury concerns. He has apparently said that Odafa was advised to bed rest for at least 2 weeks with zero strain on hamstring-prone leg and to use crutches. But the gu ignored it completely. He even partied and disco-ed, some say in the influence of his agent Chima, in that condition. So the physician, who himself is a Mohun Bagan fan, declined to treat him lest his own reputation takes dip.

His new doctor has advised him 1 month absolute bed-rest and then he would take some time to become match fit.

Yes I also read it today and believe it to be true. At the moment Mohun Bagan can not throw Odafa out because of financial clauses and Odafa is taking advantage of this. He desperately wants to play and somehow score a few goals now (preferably against EB/ CB/ BFC and like that) so that people again start telling... oh ho ho "Odafa is back in form" and he gets another lucrative deal for the next year. But I strongly believe that Odafa will not get any Indian Club after what he has done this year. He and Tolgay has sucked Mohun Bagan out completely thanks to the Officials who only know about gimmicks, Cut money & nothing else. But from all reports, Anjan & Debasish are now about to swim upstream. Sooner this happens it is better for Indian Football as we need a strong Mohun Bagan, EB, MSC and Goan Teams for the development of Indian Football. I don't think much about BFC.. they are 3/4 years wonder.. look what happened to Mahindra Utd.. one of the most successful club when they disbanded.
    edited February 2014

I think IFA have got to come out of their Stoneage rules.... token for transfer, a player once registerd with a club can't play for another (in IFA tournament) even if he changes club. The parent body has to be path finder and not path blocker. TNo wonder they organized a comical show in the name of IFA Shield: with reference to:

• Arrangement of Visa for the Foriegn teams
    • SJFC (Ban) brought 6/7 foreigners as they were assured of fielding the entire lot !
    • Channel partner refused to telecast live as they wanted to teach IFA a lesson
    • Requesting AIFF to postpone EB's I-League fixture without bothering about other I-League teams
    • Pricing the General tickets @INR 100 thereby ensuring small crowd every match

In these days of out-sourcing, why IFA do not out-source the job of conducting Kolkata League & IFA Shield ? If somebody really cares then they should feel embarrassed to say the least but IFA & Mohun Bagan Officials have one thing in common... they are SHAMELESS and NO QUANTUM OF ABUSE affect them.

So long we don't get people who really care... we will continue to have this sort of circus. By the way if my EB & MSC friends are thinking that their Officials are much better and professional.. yes I agree to some extent for EB but MSC.. no..not at all. Their moment of reckoning will come when the graph slides down. Kolkata Football wiil become an antic piece if we continue to allow these rascals to play with sentiments of millions.. but can a common man fight against a Mafia? Yes.. it can.... in a movie. We have to enact that movie. 

• hadfadkarhadfadkar 1236 Points
    EB trailing 2-0 @ HT in IFA Shield semi
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29259 Points
    Eb trailing by 3 goals now 8-}
  • 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    I am happy that Bangladesh club beats big old guns of Indian football 

now i hope EB and MB management will learn something..they don't learning from Indian clubs hope they learn from Bangladesh club
  • IFA Shield 2014:Sk Jamal storm into final

http://goo.gl/ELc9xQ